Thread: New Classes

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Wardens and dark rangers are too strongly tied to the night elves and forsaken IMO. Even the night elf ones as I understand it are serving Sylvanas rather than staying with the night elves.

I could see room for a second bow/gun/xbow using class like some kind of void themed ranger in general, that could maybe tie in elements of dark ranger into it, but I doubt we're getting either as a class.

I'm not so sure about tinker either, I don't think they're setting up a new class I think they're setting up junker gnomes (or whatever they're called) for an allied race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    There is plenty more possibilities, like with openers, stealth openers/stealth ranged openers, and the shadow daggers she throws that bounce to multiple targets and apply a shadow damage DoT like in Heroes of the Storm, and you are silly to think a classes retired abilities would not come back in a new class but reworked somewhat, this is Blizzard and they have a track record of doing this with spells and abilities and talents over the years some of them going away and coming back as passives or talent choices. Take look at Demon Hunter for example, they gutted an entire Warlock spec and reworked it so Demon Hunter could have Metamorphoses and Immolation Aura and I would say both arguably worked well in the end with some tweaking, Demon Hunter is also up there as one of my favorite Tanks.
    The difference between what happened with DHs and Warlocks is that DHs don't play like Warlocks at all. What you're describing above doesn't sound out of place in the existing Hunter or Rogue classes.

Keep in mind, Arthas turned Sylvanas into a Banshee, and Sylvanas had to return to her body after the Lich King's power waned. That's how she gained her Banshee powers. Unique quirks like that doesn't appear in the classes. For example, Demon Hunters don't get the abilities that Illidan displayed after consuming the Skull of Gul'Dan. So without Banshee abilities, we're left with the standard Hunter class.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-01-15 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The difference between what happened with DHs and Warlocks is that DHs don't play like Warlocks at all. What you're describing above doesn't sound out of place in the existing Hunter or Rogue classes.

Keep in mind, Arthas turned Sylvanas into a Banshee, and Sylvanas had to return to her body after the Lich King's power waned. That's how she gained her Banshee powers. Unique quirks like that doesn't appear in the classes. For example, Demon Hunters don't get the abilities that Illidan displayed after consuming the Skull of Gul'Dan. So without Banshee abilities, we're left with the standard Hunter class.
    It is still a huge possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is still a huge possibility.
    I agree. We'll have to wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I'm not so sure about tinker either, I don't think they're setting up a new class I think they're setting up junker gnomes (or whatever they're called) for an allied race.
    The thing is that the robots that the Island Expedition team summons are called "Tinker Constructs", indicating that the Greasemonkeys and the Roughriders are in fact teams of Tinkers. In addition, both teams utilize abilities from the HotS Tinker hero.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Zandalari (and several other troll tribes) have those Golem Patrol thingies going on, like that boss of Gundrak, so they got some sort of engineering going on, but it's not traditional. Could be just magicks.

But since I play Horde, I've never seen what the Void Elves were capable regarding engineering D:
    Golems are not created through any sort of technology. They are magical by nature and powered by spirits (if I recall correctly). Zandalari certainly don't use the type of engineering technology goblins do, though their ship designs among other things do have their own style of intelligent architectural engineering.

Specifically, Darkspear trolls (alongside orcs) would naturally take up goblin engineering practices and utilize their technology to become tinkers. And this is acceptable, though naturally troll tinkers would not be a common sight.

Void elves are blood elves in terms of culture and what they are capable of. Anything blood elves can be, void elves can be (this includes hero classes; the only exception might be paladins); this is especially true in the case of tinkers. That's not to say it would be a common practice for them, but they would naturally be capable of it.

What I meant earlier, is that they would be acceptable to exclude it simply because they are less likely to be mechanically minded, especially if they are studying the void so far as exiles... and yet they have monks who did so (or trained to be after the fact), so the point is moot. The only reason I mention it is because Blizzard may obsess over perfect ratios of playable races for this class, and in that case void elves could be stretched a bit to have them not have the class if they felt that way.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-01-16 at 10:10 PM.