Demon's Souls Director Open To Another Studio Doing A Remaster

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/de...source=twitter

Demon's Souls creator Hidetaka Miyazaki says that a remaster of the genre-defining game is possible, but he's not eager to get started on it himself. In an interview, the director shared some thoughts on his legacy and the changing nature of Souls-likes, including whether Demon's Souls could get a remaster similar to Dark Souls.

"It's like when you write--when you're younger, you look back on [previous work] and you think, ‘Oh, goodness what was I thinking,'" he told Game Informer. "It's not that I'm embarrassed, I just don't like to look at my previous works."

He also said that he could envision another studio handling the port, even if the idea makes him nervous. "If it was a studio that really loved the original work and really put their heart and soul into realizing it again, then that's something I would enjoy," he said. "But it's really complicated because I have these fond memories. Thinking about the idea of a remaster gives me kind of butterflies in my stomach and makes me a little nervous, so it's complicated. But I understand there are many users and many players and fans out there who really love Demon's, so if that’s something they could accomplish with a studio that loved the work, then yeah, I'd be okay with that."

All that said, he also noted that it isn't entirely up to him. The decision would be up to the game's publisher, which was Sony.

"That was the first action fantasy game that I created, or I directed," he said. "I have fond memories of it, but it's definitely not my place to say they'll remaster."

Miyazaki's next game is Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, which takes the Souls mechanics into 16th century Japan. It certainly carries some familiarity with the existing games, but From Software is rethinking some core elements like boss battles.
    I would give my first born, my left nut and anything else for Demon's Souls to be remastered.

Make it happen Sony and whoever else damit.

STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS DAMIT!!!!!!!!!
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Why though, there's nothing wrong with the original. I guess modern co-op features would be nice...

If there's no Giant's Archstone DLC I think I'll pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Why though, there's nothing wrong with the original. I guess modern co-op features would be nice...

Better graphics,Better Performance and the ability to play Online (plus DS3/BB Matchmaking) would make it well worth it for me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I picked Demons Souls up in a blockbuster just looking for an rpg for my new ps3. I knew nothing about it, the dark souls difficulty meme was a ways away and i loved it as the 3d castlevania experience it game me. Its one of my favourite games ever and means a lot to me.

But jesus christ let Fromsoftware move on from souls games. By the standards of their own later games Demon's is easy. Really, really easy. It was a novelty for its time and i still replay it every few months and its a shame the servers are offline but its been a decade. Even assuming it was outsourced like Dark Souls remastered thats still time and money i would rather see spent on something new. I got a decade of fun out of Demon's Souls. I can replay it any time. I just want to see Fromsoftware return to IP's like Armoured Core and Kuon.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I picked Demons Souls up in a blockbuster just looking for an rpg for my new ps3. I knew nothing about it, the dark souls difficulty meme was a ways away and i loved it as the 3d castlevania experience it game me. Its one of my favourite games ever and means a lot to me.

But jesus christ let Fromsoftware move on from souls games. By the standards of their own later games Demon's is easy. Really, really easy. It was a novelty for its time and i still replay it every few months and its a shame the servers are offline but its been a decade. Even assuming it was outsourced like Dark Souls remastered thats still time and money i would rather see spent on something new. I got a decade of fun out of Demon's Souls. I can replay it any time. I just want to see Fromsoftware return to IP's like Armoured Core and Kuon.
    Form has moved away from the Souls Series.

Kinda why they have released a couple games that isn't Souls and a couple more in works that isn't ether. The thing is YOU got a decade of fun out of Demon's Souls MANY others didn't and now the online servers is shutdown as well.

Now that the Souls fanbase is much bigger many people could get into it with a Remaster.

I would also love a Kings Field series remaster but I don't think that would work so well.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I got a decade of fun out of Demon's Souls. I can replay it any time. I just want to see Fromsoftware return to IP's like Armoured Core and Kuon.
    As a latecomer to the series Demon's Souls is the only one I haven't played. I was thrilled with both PS4 remasters of DS1/2. It let me catch up. My PS3 HDMI port died, and hooking anything up on that thing with video/component looks awful so it's effectively dead.

Even as large a Armored Core fan I am, I wouldn't mind a Demon's Soul remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Form has moved away from the Souls Series.

Kinda why they have released a couple games that isn't Souls and a couple more in works that isn't ether. The thing is YOU got a decade of fun out of Demon's Souls MANY others didn't and now the online servers is shutdown as well.

Now that the Souls fanbase is much bigger many people could get into it with a Remaster.

I would also love a Kings Field series remaster but I don't think that would work so well.
    Bingo - sidebar though, as someone who loved the Kings Field series when I was a kid (I still do a playthrough of KF2 like once every 2 years or so) I don't think they could really remaster either 2 or TAC. Remake for sure though since that's all the rage and RE2 showed it can be done tastefully and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post

Nothing wrong with original?

It's tied to PS3, a system that has no official BC and had it's online servers shut down.

Demon's Souls was a niche game, tied to an old and dead system with it's online shut down. It could do with a re-release of any kind on the PS4 which DOES have a BC future and getting it's servers back online. A remaster would probably double the sales of the original now that From Software is more main stream and known in the gaming community, and afford many people the opportunity to play it who didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nothing wrong with original?

It's tied to PS3, a system that has no official BC and had it's online servers shut down.

Demon's Souls was a niche game, tied to an old and dead system with it's online shut down. It could do with a re-release of any kind on the PS4 which DOES have a BC future and getting it's servers back online. A remaster would probably double the sales of the original now that From Software is more main stream and known in the gaming community, and afford many people the opportunity to play it who didn't.
    I never played it online. I didn't play online until Dark Souls 2 and now I love online, but I think part of it is stuff being new too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne