Poll: How often do you try new foods, or experiment?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I really wanna try Korean BBQ. Have heard so much good about it, but there's nowhere to get it where I live.
    Ugh Korean BBQ--one of the most heavenly things in the world to put in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I have a friend that occasionally makes too much food and gives me extra. That happened today with some mansaf:

Pretty damn tasty with some ghost pepper sauce (I always carry this, jalapeno mustard, and some sriracha in my bag) and pita bread!

Since you brought up hotdogs/sausages, I'm very fond of Koegels viennas for my chili dogs! I even went on two tours there back in 1993 and 1998 for fun!
    Holy fucking crap that looks amazing. Doesn't help that I'm hungry at the moment.

On Topic - If you're American and coming to the UK, I'd definitely suggest trying some of our fish and chips - it's not French fine dining levels of a delicacy, but I think we do it differently/better to a lot of the world. The UK doesn't really have it's 'own' cuisine (apart from various claims that chicken Tikka Masala is our national dish).

In terms of German food, anything i've ever eaten in a beer hall has been incredible, but particularly pork knuckle served with sauerkraut and potato salad.

I've been lucky to travel a lot for work in the last year or so, some highlights for me have been:

BBQ restaurants in the US, particularly 'Hill Country BBQ in NYC', although I know that people from the south will say that liking NYC BBQ is sacrilege

Tacos Al Pastor in Mexico - local specialty, they are dirt cheap and really really tasty.

Bhut Jolokia chicken in India - I managed to eat 2 bites because it blew my face off (I'm not *bad* at spice but this was nuclear). The rest of the food I ate there was fantastic too. As someone who really likes meat, I think the way the indians cook is the only place in the world where I think being a vegetarian would be remotely palatable.
    Last edited by Loosecannon; 2019-01-15 at 06:04 PM.

My current diet is rather boring, fast food, some home cooking, microwave meals and the occasional ribeye steak. Given the chance though, I would like to sample cuisine from all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I really wanna try Korean BBQ. Have heard so much good about it, but there's nowhere to get it where I live.
    If you ever get the chance, go have it at a Korean steakhouse with the grill in the center of each table, so you can cook it to your desired level. You won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by brianflowler View Post
    Thanks for the advice!

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what kind of food did you like most?
    Im a sucker foor indian and asian food. Though gotta admit i tried indian food in spain but felt like the real deal, indian people serving and making the food and the whole table was full of different food, loved it and i have no plans on visit india anytime soon so that will have to do.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-01-16 at 01:18 PM.

I've heard really good things about falafel.

And shwarma.

Not sold around my parts, unfortunately.