Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Every country is ruled by money though...
    There are a lot more lobbies in the USA... because you have no regulations about that, every company can donate to fund a campaign, even a hate campaign. It's totally illegal in Europe. Here we call it "passive corruption". I'm no utopist, I know there is (a lot of) corruption but it's probably less than in the USA

Please don't F with me, just read the CV of most of Trump government... Andrew Wheeler is the prime example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_R._Wheeler

/facepalm*

Andrew R. Wheeler (born December 23, 1964) is an American lawyer, former coal industry lobbyist

On November 16, 2018, President Trump announced he would nominate Wheeler to serve as the EPA's permanent administrator

If you don't see the problem...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    We don't get to vote on things like airplane regulations. We get a vote on the people who do. You're pretty naive if you think the people we elect are magically educated in every question they are asked. We just vote for them so they can gather information full time, and then make their decisions. I bet some members of parliament would also be excluded by whatever arbitrary criterium people come up with ITT. That's antidemocratic, however.

Today is the centenary of Rosa Luxemburg's murder. "Freiheit ist immer die Freiheit der Andersdenkenden". "Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters"
    Thats what I said, we don't get to vote for these regulations because we are almost all clueless about it...Is climate science that easier than airplanes ? I seriously doubt it.
    Why do you hate freedom?

And for the record: Yes, i think Trump is an international embarrassment for the states. But he's the president the country deserves. I believe in the people's power to get rid of him asap.
    Why do I hate freedom ? Because people are ruining our entire planet because of it. Voila.
    We should be ruled by a union of scientists. That's my opinion, politics can F themselves

That's why I'm complaining, the people we elect are clueless about crucial things

Humans are just animals and without rules, it's the rule of nature. I don't believe in "people's power" at all, it's a lot easier to "believe" in people's stupidity
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-01-15 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Here in the US you'd have folks screeching at you that you are trying to restrict someone's right to vote.
    Not allowing someone to vote just because you don't like the reasoning behind their decision IS literally restricting someone's right to vote

Welcome to democracy

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Every country is ruled by money though...
    Like a true alt righter, you only answer partially.
    You were talking about the "lesser evil".

10+ Year Old Account
    At some level, yeah, I wish we had a minimum bar that needed to be cleared for important shit that has impact on society like voting, having kids, whatever. But I know that’s not really feasible. Still, we could be a spacefaring race who has started colonization of at least the solar system, if not local stars by now if we weren’t always held back by lowest common denominators and dregs of society.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    That's why I said ALMOST everyone. This is seriously the third way I typed in that way. I did that for a reason.
    The US has way more poor people than you think, and its only getting worse. Whats 'almost' in your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Yes yes you keep repeating that. But your logic is flawed - tests in general aren't bad because they kept black people out. Tests designed to keep black people out are bad.
    In practice, they've been used to keep black people from voting. The problem was so intractable that the only way to solve it was to ban them entirely. Just let eligible people vote.

Here in the US you'd have folks screeching at you that you are trying to restrict someone's right to vote.
    And claiming it's racist for some reason considering that they already claim requiring an id to ensure you are who you say you are when voting is somehow racist.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Are you an utopist ? There will always be idiots even with a perfect education system
    People will NEVER fully agree, if we don't enforce some things, humanity will be ruined in less than a century. I don't care, I'll already be dead.But what about your (grand)-children?

Yes its great to talk about freedom of speech blabla but in some decades no one will care anymore about all that shit
    There is only one "truth", the scientific truth. We should be ruled by people who understand this.

We should dictch religions and superstitions, I don't see any other solution.
    Ah yes. Rule by self-appointed philosopher Kong’s. THAT won’t go wrong.

This thread is just more evidence of how centrists are the enemy of democracy.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    In practice, they've been used to keep black people from voting. The problem was so intractable that the only way to solve it was to ban them entirely. Just let eligible people vote.
    Question 1: What SPF sunscreen do you need to wear for a day of polo at the country club fellow Klan member?

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/qtywnd...ng-for-the-sat

Definitely what you picture the questions are like if you're suggesting they keep black people from voting.

Free will or "rights" become an issue with any system you try to implement but I do understand your point OP.
    I live in South Wales, an absolute labour stronghold due to its mining/industrial past. Most people cling on to the fact their their grandparents voted labour and vote as such due to no good reason other than they've been brought up to revile the conservatives. Last general election conservatives had majority in wales was like 1850 or something.

I don't think it's got anything to do with intelligence, maybe ignorance - I don't think a test or license is the way to do it because then who decides if you are eligible, what is the bar set at?

There were plenty of online tools around at the last general election in the UK "who should I vote for". List all policies with no indication as to who they are (except of course you can sort of work out some of them). You'd select the one most fitting with your mindset and at the end you'd get a % breakdown.

Add a weighted system so you can override lesser issues with one you strongly agree in and you have the basis of a good system, make it binding at the station, click through and it votes for you, if you don't have the patience to do the research or click through the policies then maybe you shouldn't vote.

Again, it can't happen that way because of the way the system is built. Politics is so superficial.

We're often encouraged to go to the poll because every vote counts, but that works both ways, if you blindly selecting a party out of loyalty, habit or because you like the colour green are you actually of benefit to the system?

Like a true alt righter, you only answer partially.
    You couldn't have said that in your wikipedia copy/past response?

You were talking about the "lesser evil".
    Yea, because Hillary is an evil cunt, the lesser of two evils won.

Humanity should be ruled by the most intelligent people availiable (obviously not me, I'm not saying I'm more intelligent than you, just to be clear). Not the people who can talk and persuade better
    That would be a terrible way to go. The only acceptable "single leader" for humanity would have to speak on behalf of ALL humanity. Intelligent people do not do that.
    Last edited by Axxil; 2019-01-15 at 03:09 PM.

When Blizzard designs a new raid, they overtune things on purpose to err on the side of being unfair. This is because it is easier to give things then take them away. In fact, they set it on a schedule that x y and z are set to be nerfed as time goes along to keep the players happy.

When elites design a new government, they overtune the constitution to err on the side of being unfair. They add silly things like only landowners can vote, or women cannot vote, or some are 3/5ths of a person, or slavery. They do these things not because they think its the correct thing to do, but they are designed to be nerfed over the course of 500 years to keep the public happy and prevent them from revolting. Maybe 100 years down the road they eliminate slavery. Maybe 150 years down the road they let women vote. The public is sold on progress but its not progress, its a planned nerf schedule.

Then if they run out of ways to placate the public, they have a revolution and write a new constitution that is filled with inequalities all over again that are set on a timed schedule to be nerfed over the next 500 years. The public, oblivious to how they are being manipulated, cheer for progress all the way just like they are supposed to.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Question 1: What SPF sunscreen do you need to wear for a day of polo at the country club fellow Klan member?

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/qtywnd...ng-for-the-sat

Definitely what you picture the questions are like if you're suggesting they keep black people from voting.
    Not suggesting it. It's a very well documented historical fact. There was a constitutional amendment about this. You can read about it, or check out the film Selma if you want to see how it was used to systematically disenfranchise blacks.

Bottom line is that it's unconstitutional now. It's not going to happen ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    When Blizzard designs a new raid, they overtune things on purpose to err on the side of being unfair. This is because it is easier to give things then take them away. In fact, they set it on a schedule that x y and z are set to be nerfed as time goes along to keep the players happy.

When elites design a new government, they overtune the constitution to err on the side of being unfair. They add silly things like only landowners can vote, or women cannot vote, or some are 3/5ths of a person, or slavery. They do these things not because they think its the correct thing to do, but they are designed to be nerfed over the course of 500 years to keep the public happy and prevent them from revolting. Maybe 100 years down the road they eliminate slavery. Maybe 150 years down the road they let women vote. The public is sold on progress but its not progress, its a planned nerf schedule.

Then if they run out of ways to placate the public, they have a revolution and write a new constitution that is filled with inequalities all over again that are set on a timed schedule to be nerfed over the next 500 years. The public, oblivious to how they are being manipulated, cheer for progress all the way just like they are supposed to.
    I'm pretty sure those things were put in place by wealthy white land owners to keep power in the hands of wealthy white landowners. The were deliberately trying to keep things how they were. Obviously it's great that much of that was done away with, put it wasn't the original intent.

ID at bare minimum, but yes you should need to get a license first.

Except, you dont have just 2 choices... At least 8 different parties fielded candidates in the 2016 Presidential Election.
    Yeah, like any of the other parties make a chance.
    But keep saying there are more options than 2.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/