Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is WoW dying slowly?

I mean by watching the streams of the new raid I think more and more people will leave this game, just look at the Dragon Soul Krosus stuff, if you don't have good ideas for a boss as a game developer just don't release those bosses, simple as that.

Sounds that i am mad and yeah I am because this expansion is turning into more garbage than this franchise deserves.

I'd say they are digging a hole, but it's not a grave yet. With the right decisions and management, they can come right out of it, or they can just add the tombstone. Will greed prevail?

Everything dies.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Everything dies.
    Yeah

Maybe it is just me and I am playing this game for too long, must be 7 or 8 years now and I am bored of this but I really hoped the new raid will make it like Throne of Thunder, great raid, great bosses. You can't make a game like this for such a long time which focus on raiding with bosses which have new abilities in small areas, or maybe they hired some new people out of the university who are trying their stuff in a game company, I don't know.

Yes, just like you, me, the other forum users, the Earth, our solar system and every single thing in the multiverse that has devolved into the lowest form of energy, matter. The moment anything is born in this state it is certain to die.

EDIT: I answered before your reply above, yeah, playing something for a long time without break can do that. I have played for 10+ years but I always take breaks every singel expansion. This seemed to have done wonders for me not to uttelry be burned out by now
    Last edited by LightBR; 2019-01-22 at 07:33 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    If i had a dollar for every time I've seen this exact thread title, I'd be rich.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dekal View Post
    If i had a dollar for every time I've seen this exact thread title, I'd be rich.
    Thank you, yes.

Its "slowly dying" since Wrath of the Lich King...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul Krosus stuff...?

In any case, WoW still has a pretty solid player base and will continue to do so for some time. They may wax and wane on their player base some, but we've seen them come back from far worse than anything in BfA.

If and when it does die out, I suspect we'll have people from this very forum telling their kids/grandkids things like "I told them that game was gonna die out when they let the Alliance have Shaman and the Horde have Paladins! See, I was right!! They should have listened!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    I mean by watching the streams of the new raid I think more and more people will leave this game, just look at the Dragon Soul Krosus stuff, if you don't have good ideas for a boss as a game developer just don't release those bosses, simple as that.

Sounds that i am mad and yeah I am because this expansion is turning into more garbage than this franchise deserves.
    You will die before WoW dies.

Next question?

Quote Originally Posted by LightBR View Post
    Yes, just like you, me, the other forum users, the Earth, our solar system and every single thing in the multiverse that has devolved into the lowest form of energy, matter. The moment anything is born in this state it is certain to die.
    Whoa dude let's not get too philosophical now , we're here just to shit on the game lol.

Seriously though , yes ... and no . Old players keep getting fed up with the handholding and quit , at the same time people who don't want to invest too much time on a videogame find wow to be their perfect match to scratch that gaming itch for a couple hours before falling asleep , the playerbase is shifting and it's clear that collectionism is keeping these former people inside the game but eventually even them will get bored of doing the same things over and over again

Losing 1M subs per expansion that's still 2 expansions left.

You can't deny that this is happening and has been happening, I still beleive its got a good 4 years or more in it but one cannot deny the game is dying, a game that has lost close 10 million subscribers over 10 years, is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Thank you, yes.

Its "slowly dying" since vanilla...
    fixed! werent bgs received as the death sentece of wpvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. BfA is an awesome expansion, and might be the best one in the end. It's a good refresh after that horrible Legion we had to endure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Thank you, yes.

Its "slowly dying" since Wrath of the Lich King...
    WoW went downhill in patch 1.1, when they started to treat forsaken as humans rather than undead. That was bad move, prioritizing short gameplay QoL over RPG element.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're just now tuning into this? WoW's been dying slowly since Icecrown Citadel launched, and that's not hyperbole it's the literal sub count trend.

It's unrelated to the raid, either this one or Dragon Soul, and it's not about to crash and burn next year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Everything is "slowly dying". WoW is slowly dying, I am slowly dying, my love life is..well that is totally dead. Anyway..while WoW has a decline, it is not in any real danger till another MMO successfully eclipses it and has 5 Million *CONFIRMED* subscribers.

Till then? WoW is just weakening, but still in the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Dragon Soul Krosus stuff...?
    Yes you will see it if you are going to raid Dragon Soul I think I have to be more specific, it is on a ship like Warmaster Blackhorn, and Krosus, you will see it when you play it.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Not really. BfA is an awesome expansion, and might be the best one in the end. It's a good refresh after that horrible Legion we had to endure.
    "For me personaly" Legion was a lot better.
    Last edited by Micronetic; 2019-01-22 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombrik View Post
    Everything is "slowly dying". WoW is slowly dying, I am slowly dying, my love life is..well that is totally dead. Anyway..while WoW has a decline, it is not in any real danger till another MMO successfully eclipses it and has 5 Million *CONFIRMED* subscribers.

Till then? WoW is just weakening, but still in the fight.
    I don't think we will see another MMO eclipse 5 million subs ever again. Market just isn't there anymore for it. Old school players probably don't have time to play any new MMO's unless it's super casual, which then it's not really an MMO at that point. Young gamers now don't have patience for any MMO's. Just too much competition from other games and form of entertainment. We passed the golden age of MMO's, and it might not return until VR really becomes a thing.

If the next expansion is as bad as BFA then I'd say most definitely yes