Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Worshipping the Arthas story so much is one of the things I can't stand about the Warcraft fandom lol.
    the fandom? have you seen how hard BFA is swinging on arthas' nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    the fandom? have you seen how hard BFA is swinging on arthas' nuts?
    I have no idea what this is supposed to imply.

You'd have to cast Jennifer Lawrence what they made the Human Female look like etc lol.

I would vote for animation too, if it was possible, but I'll support any Warcraft movie.

In my opinion, you should go for War of the Ancients, if you will be able afford special effects.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendibal View Post
    so... any news about that email?
    No response, unfortunately. Will give them another two weeks to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    So ideas suggested so far are:
    Stonemason's guild riots
    Fall of Lordaeron.

- - - Updated - - -

Starting with human events sounds like a good idea. Saves costs, but also has some interesting storylines of own.
    The riots are a great idea

The old human conflicts we never get to experience in game are some of my favorite moments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Two Factor View Post
    Do you have evidence for that?

Especially for crowdsourced youtube fan made videos?
    Technically The Guild by Felicia Day was meant to be about WoW but due to blizzard and copyright issues they tweaked like 5 things

Worst case this series could be on a planet named Mozeroth

Nothing. Warcraft belongs in game and book form only. You saw how terrible the film was.

Live action. Real people, real props, real locations, the real deal.
    ugh .... live action is not promising honestly ...

I'm thinking about starting a fan-made live-action Warcraft show.
    I'll be writing and possibly directing the show, and am interested in getting a feel for ideas, and potential reception for such a thing.
    Potential ideas are for covering the space between Warcraft 3 and the World of Warcraft, or for covering events that happened, or implied to happen, off screen, such as the Eredar civil war.
    This is not a casting call, or request for funding, or any of that. Just a request for community ideas and feedback.
    With respect you don't know what you are talking about, or you wouldn't be asking.

To do this this would require a lot of money and highly experienced people to even think about, and would probably still not work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fan animation would be cheaper. in order to make a non-cringe worthy live action would take A LOT of expensive CGI.

I don't fully get the reason for people shitting on the Warcraft movie. They had to know that they would not be able to tell the story as is in a cinema format, in one movie. Duncan Jones had it spot on when he said that the story of Warcraft covers MANY books, over a LONG time. It was inevitable that in order to tell a story, explain things for people who don't know the story AND provide nods to those who do know was a monumental task. I actually think that, given the framework they had, they did a pretty good job. I do have criticisms for it, but they are just the nit-picky stuff that comes from being a lore-buff.

One thing I don't think anyone can complain about (to bring this full-circle) was the CGI. Orcs, scenery, spell animations etc were incredible. I think so long as the expectation is that story will be long-going without taking dramatic shortcuts, it could work.

The real writing challenge will be pacing the episodes in a way that tells the larger story, while also still managing to stay relatively episodic. With small events opening and resolving while sticking with the underlying theme and story arc. I wish you the best.

Also, again... do it in a HD animation. Live Action or WoW cinematic level would be a terribly expensive (though admittedly awe-inspiring) task.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

It'd be corny as hell live-action unless you could somehow get a Game of Thrones budget together and should be done via animation or machinima, if at all.

Stormwind and Varian could work since we don't know much about on what they did during the years between the third war and vanilla and you can have lady prestor and Vancleef as antagonist

I mean... a fan-made series would be nice and everything... but you know, you cant just go to kickstarter and ask for money Do you know which taxes you have to pay? do you have a registered business? What tax category is your business in? What would be your estimated income? Do you have any assets, so the people who COULD give you money actually have a reason to?
    I know this sounds mostly negative, but these are all things you have to be aware of, or you will get in big trouble because of tax fraud
    Sorry for my bad english but i am not a native speaker

// The guild riots would be really cool btw

Quote Originally Posted by Two Factor View Post
    I doubt blizz is now in the business of picking peanuts out of shit. Especially if this is a fan made youtube video.

Unless Activison has truly leeched out there soul.

This could be great advertisement for there game if done right and they dont need to pay a penny for it.

Would the geeks over at Blizz really wanna pick a fight over some fan made video series on youtube?

Because they totally want their IP tied up in potentially yet another crowd funding debacle. Because it's good advertising for their IP to be used in a manner in which they have no quality control or oversight, which could be terrible. Because if in some Bizzaro world this somehow gets traction they have a huge headache for legal and franchise management in a battle over rights and money. Because if they DID want to explore television in the future this project would be something they would have to lead out behind the chemical shed. I can't see how Blizzard benefits here, regardless of if it succeeds or fails.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    There's also the fact that I'm pretty sure Legendary Pictures and Universal own the publishing rights to a film called Warcraft, which means they'll (also) be uppity about a Youtube/Kickstarter film project of the same name.

I'm a bit surprised that Star Wars Odyssey shortfilm linked previously is still up. It was kickstarted and they're selling their own Star Wars merch. Either they cut some kind of licensing deal with Disney (I doubt it, because the logos are not official), or there's a fat lawsuit waiting for them around the corner.

The Vader one was produced out of the directors own pocket ($150k of his own money) - and it's not monetized on Youtube.

Quite honestly, I'm hoping OP knows what he's getting into, wishing luck with the eventual kickstarter, but I personally have quite a lot of reservations about potentially financing something like this. Too many risks.

Also, OP hasn't really linked to any other film material, nor given any credits. OP link your IMDB at least?
    IMDb wouldn't list an uncredited extra who was barely visible in the background of one scene.