Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    'Ghostbusters' Director Jason Reitman Promises to "Hand the Movie Back to the Fans"

Talking on the most recent edition of Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast, Reitman went out of his way to reassure those still seemingly traumatized by Paul Feig’s all-woman 2016 reboot of the franchise that his movie wouldn’t be anything like that, saying “I’m not making the Juno of Ghostbusters movies,” referencing his 2007 Ellen Page film centering on a pregnant teenage girl.

"We are in every way trying to go back to original technique and hand the movie back to the fans," Reitman said, noting that his team painstakingly researched techniques used in the 1984 original film, directed by his father Ivan Reitman, for the movie's first teaser.
    Big suprise that sjw does not like this

Well, "they" couldn't have possibly expected a sequel to that 2016 garbage.

This movie needs:
    1. An incredible cast that works off well off one another, that is likeable and relatable and not some collection of 1 dimensional tropes. With Ramis being dead and Bill Murray being an asshole, I hope they can handle a passing of the torch tastefully, beause let's be honest here, they can't rely on the old actors anymore, they need a completely new cast that can carry them forward. I just hope it won't be some forcefully inclusive shit like the extreme ghost buster or what ever they were called. Even if they might have worked, it will all depend on the actual actors and I have little hope that they find 4 with the artificial diversity quota that also matches the previous statments. That doesn't mean they can't have a diverse cast, they just should prioritize all other things before they meet their disability, sex, race, gender and sexuality quota.

2. A proper script, not just some ad-lib potty humor garbage. They need a story that has the right humor at the right time, with a good balance with the action and the Mystery. Yes Mystery, don't just turn this into a stupid action flick, please They also need to stay consistent within their own logic and not just throw everything out of the window the moment the director thinks of a "cool shot". And for the love of god, don't show me a poorer version of the first movie again, come up with your own story for fucks sake.

3. A proper director that enforces a vision and won't govel and flaggelate him-/herself before the cast because he/she hates him-/herself. Don't turn this into another political outing again. Seriously, just stick to making a compelling movie without needlessly fueling the gender war and don't make this into a grandiose statment about Tronel Dump either. And while you are at it, no matter what actors you chose, tell them to shut the fuck up on social media.

4. Effects that don't make me think of the scooby doo film.. Seriously keep the CGI rather low.

This one will face an uphill battle at the box office, because they lost most people's interest with the last one. It doesn't have to be as good as the first one, but it also needs to have at least its own charme, which these days is quite the tall order in an industry that designs everyhing by a clueless comitte of marketing twats.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    'Ghostbusters' Director Jason Reitman Promises to "Hand the Movie Back to the Fans"

Talking on the most recent edition of Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast, Reitman went out of his way to reassure those still seemingly traumatized by Paul Feig’s all-woman 2016 reboot of the franchise that his movie wouldn’t be anything like that, saying “I’m not making the Juno of Ghostbusters movies,” referencing his 2007 Ellen Page film centering on a pregnant teenage girl.

"We are in every way trying to go back to original technique and hand the movie back to the fans," Reitman said, noting that his team painstakingly researched techniques used in the 1984 original film, directed by his father Ivan Reitman, for the movie's first teaser.
    Honesty that kind of remark will only there to trigger blue-hairs. Imo, just making a good movie from 80s would be enough, but after making such posts it will only antagonize SJW.

If Jason sticks to his guns and ignores the bullstwitter shit then he is already halfway there to a decent movie.

Jason dont listen to Twitter just listen to your own heart and stick to your plan that you have in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    People cry about men being toxic about all female Ghostbusters

People proceed to be toxic about new Ghostbusters which will most likely have some diversity in it.

wow people are bloody hypocrites today arn't they. Thank god I am not on social media, i'd lose my god damn mind.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-27 at 01:20 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love for them to break the fourth wall in this movie very briefly and rip the shit out of the last movie and SJWs in general. It would be the greatest social justice ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    I would love for them to break the fourth wall in this movie very briefly and rip the shit out of the last movie and SJWs in general. It would be the greatest social justice ever.
    I would greatly prefer everyone just pretend that movie never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    SJW's cry about men being toxic about all female Ghostbusters

SJWs proceed to be toxic about new Ghostbusters which will most likely have some diversity in it.

wow people are bloody hypocrites today arn't they. Thank god I am not on social media, i'd lose my god damn mind.

PS: I don;t like using the word 'SJW' I hate the word, but these sort of nut jobs deserve that stupid title for being bloody stupid.
    My wife was called sexist because she thought 2016 Ghostbusters was boring.

I don't know why this new Ghostbusters movie is such an insult to the 2016 movie. I mean the 2016 movie still exists and they can still watch it. This new movie doesn't take that movie away from them so what is the big deal, or at least that is what they kept telling us when we were unhappy with the 2016 movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
    My wife was called sexist because she thought 2016 Ghostbusters was boring.
    My girlfriend also didn't like the movie, she saw the movie with some friends. She said the only good thing about that movie was Kate McKinnon. Otherwise she said she felt like she was watching one of those horrible parody movies like Epic Movie or Scary Movie. :P

She hasn't been called out for being sexist though because we are not on social media. No one has called anyone sexist for not liking a movie in the real world, that stuff seems to only happen in the media and online.

I still haven't watched the movie yet myself, I just had no interest in seeing a reboot of this franchise.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-02-21 at 03:58 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I still haven't watched the movie yet myself, I just had no interest in seeing a reboot of this franchise.
    I would describe my viewing experience as 'mildly irritated throughout'. I found it more obnoxious than bad, if that makes sense.

I'm glad we are getting a continuation of the Ghostbusters brand, but I still worry with out Ramis it is going to miss the mark.

As for the controversy. I'm sure it is a huge controversy, like maybe a couple thousand people. Social media seems to make things seem massive when in the scope of things aren't massive. Turns out people hate everything or can have a moral/ethical adversity to anything. People hate chocolate for crying out loud. People hate vaccinations, the things that have saved large swaths of the population. Think of it this way who gives a shit.

And Hollywood is going to have to stop assuming a few thousand people's opinions is going to stop them. Take a page from the music industry in the 90s. If they had caved to the white house wife crowd they would have missed BILLIONS in revenue generated by gangsta rap (RB/soft rap would have still existed). We need an interscope of Hollywood to show these idiots the light. Similiar to the James Gunn thing, no one would even have given a shit and the box office wouldn't have suffered if he'd just been allowed to make GG3. BUt Disney got cold feet.

- - - Updated - - -

My girlfriend also didn't like the movie, she saw the movie with some friends. She said the only good thing about that movie was Kate McKinnon. as she said she felt like she was watching one of those horrible parody movies like Epic Movie or Scary Movie. :P

She hasn't been called out for being sexist though because we are not on social media. No one has called anyone sexist for not liking a movie in the real world, that stuff seems to only happen in the media and online.

McKinnon was the best part. The rest of it was over the top on the slap stick part, the colors were way off (way too much of the typical hollywood over bright color) and the tone was off. Ramis is a better writer than Paul Feig by a damn landslide.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't understand what the big deal is, going in with an open mind, I found the 2016 movie pretty funny.

I feel like if you went in thinking "oh this is gonna suck", then yea, you probably didn't like it.

They should go all-in on the Sumerian aspect from the first film. Open a massive portal to another dimension and have those forgotten gods come through to wreak havoc on Earth.

SJW's cry about men being toxic about all female Ghostbusters

SJWs proceed to be toxic about new Ghostbusters which will most likely have some diversity in it.

PS: I don;t like using the word 'SJW' I hate the word, but these sort of nut jobs deserve that stupid title for being bloody stupid.
    Don't forget the same people who threw a bitchfit went whining over this when the female trash ghostbuster got released.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    1. Reboot was aweful because the director didn't work off the women's talents and instead went for potty jokes and even made Leslie Jones the stereotypical angry black woman. Queef jokes, boob jokes, and even "Because im black" jokes. The Villian is a guy who was bullied and the movie ends with shooting a ghost in the dick. Felt very sexist and racist to me.

2. The only bar this movie has to surpass is beating out the 2nd movie. Lets face it, Ghostbusters 1 was lightning in a bottle and even the same cast, writers, and directors could NOT capture it again. 2nd movie was good, but it wasn't amazing like the first one.

3. This should be called Ghostbusters 4 because to me, the real Ghostbusters 3 was on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 with the video game.
    1. Reboot was terrible because the shitty SJW hacks they had writing it had ALL of them trying to be Peter Venkman. A Venkman character doesnt work without an Egon, Ray and Winston as a counterbalance.

2. The bar for this movie is to not be as fucking terrible as that shitshow pile of slop they tossed out... NOONE expects it to compare to the original, just maybe capture some of the spirit (pun intended)

3. Maybe? Depends on if they intend on referencing those events as official GB canon

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Don't forget the same people who threw a bitchfit went whining over this when the female trash ghostbuster got released.
    I love the "what about Star Trek V?" bs in this pair of tweets. Really? I know there's a meme that odd numbered Star Trek films are bad and the even numbered ones are good, but come on, that's not really an argument there.

Although, I feel I am missing some context. Did cinemassacre refuse to do a review because he thought the movie was so bad it didn't warrant a review? Or did he believe that it would be so bad that he did not bother to watch it, but felt to give his opinion on the matter anyway?

Funny thing is that Dan Akroyd = one of the geniuses brainstorming all female cast.

As for Ghostbusters 3, even if it has a bit of diversity in it, it'll be "for the SJWs" among the crowd most hateful against the 2016 movie. Most of us didn't like it because it was a shit movie, but the anti-SJW crowd hated it because it had women in leading roles.

But perhaps that crowd makes up the bulk of their fanbase, who knows?

Also, lol:

"Wo, that came out wrong! I have nothing but admiration for Paul and Leslie and Kate and Melissa and Kristen and the bravery with which they made Ghostbusters 2016. They expanded the universe and made an amazing movie!"

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/21/e...rsy/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post

Although, I feel I am missing some context. Did cinemassacre refuse to do a review because he thought the movie was so bad it didn't warrant a review? Or did he believe that it would be so bad that he did not bother to watch it, but felt to give his opinion on the matter anyway?
    Its well known that James Rolfe is a huge Ghostbusters fan and he basically made a video saying he wasnt gonna watch or review it cause he knew he would hate it.

To this day afaik he still hasnt seen or reviewed it.

I must admit it really pissed me off the amount of hate he got for basically saying 'Iam not gonna watch this'.