Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic Steward View Post
    I believe it was in one of the old school original Ecto-1 toys, I don't remember if it was in the cartoon or not.
    I remember that, I thought the toy was based on the cartoon, might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I remember that, I thought the toy was based on the cartoon, might be wrong.
    Probably. I didn't see all of the cartoon and haven't watched it since it was originally on, but it would make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    That female reboot was just some SNL skit really. I do love Kristen Wiig though

Boy is Paul Rudd showing up a complete none surprise though not a bad one. The idea seems okay as a hook. 30 years later some grandkids find Egons old lab in his retirement home after he has passed away. On paper thats sound and a lot better than Extreme Ghostbusters take of the ghostbusters all being alive and well in new york but the whole city doesnt believe the events of the 2 films even happened till a new subway excavation opens a tomb or something. Its also nice that it was referential but not quite as "REMEMBER THE MOVIES YOU LIKED?!?" like say The Force Awakens was. It could still try so hard not to be the dumb slaptip demake from 2016 that it tips too hard in the other direction but Ghostbusters as a whole was pretty dry for an 80's comedy, just look at the completion it went up against on release like Police Academy, Revenge of the Nerds and The Toxic Avenger, so this looking a bit somber and dry isn't that surprising if you can remove the original 2 from the "80's movie" element and think of it as a love letter to the paranormal Akaroyd in particular wanted it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Boy is Paul Rudd showing up a complete none surprise though not a bad one. The idea seems okay as a hook. 30 years later some grandkids find Egons old lab in his retirement home after he has passed away. On paper thats sound and a lot better than Extreme Ghostbusters take of the ghostbusters all being alive and well in new york but the whole city doesnt believe the events of the 2 films even happened till a new subway excavation opens a tomb or something. Its also nice that it was referential but not quite as "REMEMBER THE MOVIES YOU LIKED?!?" like say The Force Awakens was. It could still try so hard not to be the dumb slaptip demake from 2016 that it tips too hard in the other direction but Ghostbusters as a whole was pretty dry for an 80's comedy, just look at the completion it went up against on release like Police Academy, Revenge of the Nerds and The Toxic Avenger, so this looking a bit somber and dry isn't that surprising if you can remove the original 2 from the "80's movie" element and think of it as a love letter to the paranormal Akaroyd in particular wanted it to be.
    It's the Farmhouse Ray's parents left him. It kind of makes it a toss up between the kid's being Ray's or Egon's. I think they are Egon's though, they showed his "spores, molds, and fungus" collection in the basement, which I thought was clever. Chances are Egon bought the house from Ray. I also think it may be Egon's kids, he was 20-30ish in the 80s, it isn't unheard of to have kids in the 40-50 range, which would be mid 2000s, and he is dead and the kids which are 15 ish in 2019. I think it's a great way to have Egon be a major part of the movie, but not have him appear at all. Probably more likely his grandkids as I watch it again.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2019-12-09 at 06:00 PM.

The image reminds me of this:

We need more movies that have a fresh new style and promote creative freedom ,like Logan, instead of the can food remakes that are everywhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    We need more movies that have a fresh new style and promote creative freedom ,like Logan, instead of the can food remakes that are everywhere now.
    Logan wasn't really that stylistic, borrowed a lot of tropes from other films...and was a sequel (in a trilogy of solo films, and still connected to the main franchise).

I mean, I'm not saying Logan was bad (I feel quite the opposite really), I just don't think it's a very good example for the point you're trying to make.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like shit. None of the original cast just a bunch of child actors that no one asked for.

Ghostbusters only worked because the chemistry of the original cast you cant replicate that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I never watched the last one and don’t even think I watched the trailer what did that trailer do to cause such a fuss that this one didn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Logan wasn't really that stylistic, borrowed a lot of tropes from other films...and was a sequel (in a trilogy of solo films, and still connected to the main franchise).

I mean, I'm not saying Logan was bad (I feel quite the opposite really), I just don't think it's a very good example for the point you're trying to make.
    Compared to the rest X-Men it's much better

Hmm...between Wolfhard and the girl with glasses it seems to have that "Stranger Things" vibe.
    Not a bad thing all things considered.

Looks WAY better than the other...... ... ... movie... ... .. ... if we can even call it that.

I want to see what the ghosts look like. I really hate the haunted mansion cgi ghosts we had in the Ghostbusters reboot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Don't you mean Ghostbusters 4?
    No. Because this is a continuation of the continuity from the original two movies. The recent female lead cast was a re-imagining and not part of this universe or canon.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. I hate that wolf finn kid
    2. Why is slimer not their friend yet like in the cartoons!!!
    3. I hope this will erase the memory that is Ghostbusters 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Looks like shit. None of the original cast just a bunch of child actors that no one asked for.

Ghostbusters only worked because the chemistry of the original cast you cant replicate that.
    The original cast is returning, they just didn't appear in THIS trailer (though you can hear Bill Murray's voice talking at the end: "Call it fate...")

As for what this movie is doing that the 2016 one didn't? First of all, it's clearly connected to and a love letter to the original movies. The 2016 reboot had no connection to the original films beyond a few cameos. It was literally a gender-swapped remake, except with shitty, unfunny jokes.

All the 2016 reboot had in terms of creativity began and ended with gender-swapping the team. That is literally it. This movie continues the story in a new and interesting way with new characters, but also bringing in the old ones too (again, they didn't actually APPEAR in the trailer aside from Murray's lines, but they are confirmed to be in it). Also, we get to find out what happened after the events of Ghostbusters 2, and it looks like Egon was researching something big before he died and left his farm to his daughter.

I'm absolutely going to see this.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2019-12-09 at 09:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMUl7sOe8W4

This pretty much explains it.
    knowing absolutely nothing about the last one other then the outrage it got this kinda seems like the jist of it on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So I never watched the last one and don’t even think I watched the trailer what did that trailer do to cause such a fuss that this one didn’t?
    Are you talking about the bad press surrounding GB2016?
    The initial trailers didn't cause too many problems, granted there are always bad faith reporters stirring people for clicks and then the people who buy that crap hook line a sinker.

Gb2016 didn't really run into problems until some clips came out and people realised it wasn't going to be good. And then the director and Leslie Jones didn't respond to the criticism very well and it was all down hill from there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Are you talking about the bad press surrounding GB2016?
    The initial trailers didn't cause too many problems, granted there are always bad faith reporters stirring people for clicks and then the people who buy that crap hook line a sinker.

Gb2016 didn't really run into problems until some clips came out and people realised it wasn't going to be good. And then the director and Leslie Jones didn't respond to the criticism very well and it was all down hill from there.
    Not really the press just the announcement and the trailer really. when it first came i remember a ton of hate and people putting out a ton of videos about it but it could just be bad faith reporting as you said.

past that i checked out as ghost busters isn't really my thing.