Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Oh yeah that's right, we pugged the first boss on mythic you're right. It makes the whole thing even worse. I've gotten two mythic drops and all the work I put into that character is still meaningless due to excessive catch-up mechanisms. My alt that I've had for like a week are within two iLvls of my previous main that did 14 weeks of raiding, that's not right.
    so 2 mythic uldir drops
    2 titanforges
    world quest gear

no m+10 cache items
    sounds like you don't even try tbqh. that's why your il was shit

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't raided on that character since 8.1 came out like I said because of how demoralizing a found it to have all my progress invalidated, I just quit right there on the spot. And yes I'm not going to make the mistake of revealing the name of my character again, I did that once and got massively harassed ingame.
    Unless I am missing something Uldir was only out for 13 weeks before patch 8.1. 9-4 to 12-10 is 13 weeks. So you should only have 13 kills unless you it is tracking total boss kills and not boss kills per lock out. In order for 14 separate lock outs you would have to use the lock out beginning on 12-11 which is the first lockout of patch 8.1. Maybe its just that I just woke up but something seems off.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    Wow. Just... Wow. Here's the text from the post, for those who haven't read it.

Meh, enough is enough.

I'm not putting any more money into this because, frankly, this design team just hasn't got a clue why its systems are broken, and why so many players are resolutely unhappy with it. With a single raid tier, the item level has been well over doubled from what the expansion starts with, and rather than keeping content relevant it just gets made laughably pointless with a shallow system that players want sheer luck from in order to gear past the spots of what they're actually doing.

Welcome to Diablo 3, built by a team that has fundamentally no interest in making a game that its players are interested in.

Dungeons just jump 30 points, while WQs jump to 385.

Jesus.
    Agreed OP. It's fine to have new content patches provide higher ilevel with the new content... but to simply just up the ilevel of existing content is horrible, lazy game design.

Ion and friends thinks this makes the previously run content "viable"... but all it does is make one think.. "Why play now at all.. .when I cna just come back to game the last 2-3 months and gear us faster and easier?"

There is NO reason to play the game anymore beyond a month or so to consume the actual content. In fact, smart players will wait til expansion end when it's on sale... play a month or two to consume it, then bail again to end of next expansion.

Even then... Since they cannot manage to engage players for more than a few weeks... the MMO aspect of the game is gone, friends list devoid of online players, etc.

It is so disappointing to see the game in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Unless I am missing something Uldir was only out for 13 weeks before patch 8.1. 9-4 to 12-10 is 13 weeks. So you should only have 13 kills unless you it is tracking total boss kills and not boss kills per lock out. In order for 14 separate lock outs you would have to use the lock out beginning on 12-11 which is the first lockout of patch 8.1. Maybe its just that I just woke up but something seems off.
    I think we had a raid on patch day that I participated in, I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    so 2 mythic uldir drops
    2 titanforges
    world quest gear

no m+10 cache items
    sounds like you don't even try tbqh. that's why your il was shit
    We're talking about raiding here, not dungeons. I've had some caches but they've all yielded side grades at best.

I think we had a raid on patch day that I participated in, I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

We're talking about raiding here, not dungeons. I've had some caches but they've all yielded side grades at best.
    Oh so you have higher itemlevel gear that you just don't equip for the sake of an argument?

Oh am I now? I haven't touched him since the 8.1 patch because I felt so discouraged by Blizzard undermining all the work I put in to that character so that's 100% Uldir heroic raiding only.
    how the f....ck can your neck be level 26 ?

i dont do anything in game and my necks on alts were 30+ before 8.1 -_-

this shows you must have literaly only log for raids.

Oh so you have higher itemlevel gear that you just don't equip for the sake of an argument?
    No? I said they were side graders. If they were higher iLvl they would've been upgrades. I've easily seen 8 pair of bracers, not a single weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    how the f....ck can your neck be level 26 ?

i dont do anything in game and my necks on alts were 30+ before 8.1 -_-

this shows you must have literaly only log for raids.
    I did one Island expedition at the beginning and after that I didn't do any more, I found it to be shit content. I focused on rep and resources when doing world quests and those are your only sources of azerite. It never held me back, I had access to the traits I wanted.

Dont argue with them Embriel, you argue with people who love catchup mechanics and high ilvl for no effort.

Just dont argue.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    They sold the item level squish on the idea that ilvl 1000 was ridiculous, after half an expansion we are closing in on 425 with a least 1 raid tier, possibly 2 to go.

It's kind of exactly the same thing that happened with the last squish, doing just allowed them to get away with even more ridiculous bloat because 'fuck it, we'll just squish everything again'.
    This is exactly how I feel. They knew the root cause of the issue (WF/TF bloated item levels with every patch) and did nothing to correct the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Honestly I'm sure it's just a cake walk running a 14.25 year old game as vast as WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Honestly I'm sure it's just a cake walk running a 14.25 year old game as vast as WoW
    Average Joe the Forum Warrior would totally show these Blizz amateurs how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Dont argue with them Embriel, you argue with people who love catchup mechanics and high ilvl for no effort.

Just dont argue.
    Yes it's very apparent that people get very defensive when you suggest that content equal to LFR difficulty maybe shouldn't award heroic quality gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Average Joe the Forum Warrior would totally show these Blizz amateurs how to do it.
    It looks like 95% of the mmo-c.com forums here act like they have the skill to run a multibillion dollar game like WoW, i'd love to see how many minutes they would last until they'd jump off the bridge My guess would be most people here would fail within the first day, maybe day two.. People here are good at arguing pointless shit that doesn't matter: But when it comes to coming up with good ideas to fix said issues they just run away and cry to daddy for his credit card

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    They make it harder then it has to be by trying to get new players into the game and at the same time try to make the current players addicted to their loot boxes/rng/mobile game.

No? I said they were side graders. If they were higher iLvl they would've been upgrades. I've easily seen 8 pair of bracers, not a single weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

I did one Island expedition at the beginning and after that I didn't do any more, I found it to be shit content. I focused on rep and resources when doing world quests and those are your only sources of azerite. It never held me back, I had access to the traits I wanted.
    Well, a chest is a guaranteed 380+
    So, you weren't doing 10s.

I said that before btw

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it's very apparent that people get very defensive when you suggest that content equal to LFR difficulty maybe shouldn't award heroic quality gear.
    but then how else will you get gear?

15+ Year Old Account
    But it doesn't anymore. You can't keep comparing Season 1 to Season 2 and expect people to take you seriously. That is the same as complaining that Argus mythic gear is replaced by quest greens in BfA.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

but then how else will you get gear?
    Doing LFR difficulty content should award LFR quality gear, Normal difficulty content normal quality gear and so on. The effort should match the reward, you don't expect a janitor to get the same salary as a doctor do you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Doing LFR difficulty content should award LFR quality gear, Normal difficulty content normal quality gear and so on. The effort should match the reward, you don't expect a janitor to get the same salary as a doctor do you?
    LFR now is not the same as LFR before. You keep comparing new to old and expect the old to always be the top of the line. Do you also buy a computer from 1990 and expect it to play any modern game at max? Because that is the logic you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    LFR now is not the same as LFR before. You keep comparing new to old and expect the old to always be the top of the line. Do you also buy a computer from 1990 and expect it to play any modern game at max? Because that is the logic you are using.
    The fact is that Blizzard are bribing players to participate in content they otherwise wouldn't do. Do a warfront equal to LFR in difficulty and get a reward of heroic raid quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    They make it harder then it has to be by trying to get new players into the game and at the same time try to make the current players addicted to their loot boxes/rng/mobile game.
    I'll 100% agree to that Koken, they should make things way more clear in todays world - an MMO is an MMO right