Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Because Skygolem exists and if you haven't gotten one for 20-40k gold by now, you have only yourself to blame. What kind of pointless whine is it to cry about open world perks?

By the same category my shaman should be crying all day because my rogue can trivially do quests that he can't without pulling the entire zone and can do warmode easily because cloak of shadows+ vanish+blind+smoke bomb means I am ungankable compared to my shaman, which is far more important than druid travel form when you are alliance as there are usually 5-10 horde per single alliance player in every damn warmode shard.

Back on topic, zen flight should work like travel form, epic mount speed out of combat, only usable outside combat. Normal max ground mount speed on non-flying zones. It's a big class fantasy spell, what's the harm? I love my Ban-Lu, but some variety never hurts.
    you have completely missed the point lol. What does the sky golem have to do with anything? It's not instant... I was saying that travel form should become a cast and not an instant spell. The option for the instant slow travel form should stay tho.

Read my post before you get triggered for no reason and write nonsense I didnt mention

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    you have completely missed the point lol. What does the sky golem have to do with anything? It's not instant... I was saying that travel form should become a cast and not an instant spell. The option for the instant slow travel form should stay tho.

Read my post before you get triggered for no reason and write nonsense I didnt mention
    Virtually no shapeshift has a cast time, it would completely break the consistency of the theme of shapeshifting. And considering that if you're just AFK farming nudes you never dismount besides the initial 1.5 sec cast, your whine is completely overblown. Especially considering that DK's and Paladin's with skygolem move faster than druid with flight form so they end up being more efficient farmers.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boswollocks View Post
    Hey, I’ve had something that bugs me consistently with Windwalker, and it’s the fact that they are the most susceptible spec to fall damage, despite what the name or theme may suggest. Questing with friends? “Yeah just jump off here, it’s a shortcut” and they blink, disengage, leap, slowfall, levitate, glide, etc - You get the idea, but you are left to take a huge chunk of damage, smaller if you’re a pandaren I suppose, but nevertheless.

I’m here to gauge whether or not people feel it’d be appropriate to modify Zen Flight, our flavour spell, to be a slow fall that works as a standard Mage’s Slow Fall, or perhaps even more like the Demon Hunter’s Glide, when we’re in an area in which we cannot fly. I feel it would fit nicely with the theme, and it would give Zen Flight a little more use, without being over the top. Thoughts?

I'm also understanding of just how niche and a bit of a non-issue this is, but I figure it still may be something worth sharing and talking about.

I've already posted on the official EU Forum's monk section, but I'm unable post links using a new account.
    Haven't played monk since MoP but last I remember, Zen Flight was a slow flying "mount" yes but it was instant cast so every time you were falling down a cliff you just quickly used Zen Flight and then you flew down to the ground or just summon a flying mount.

Honestly don't see why anyone would want anything other than this, it's super cool and flavourful
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Would be nice, otherwise its practically useless

- - - Updated - - -

It would be nice if in zones where you can not mount, that you could use it and it would act as a slowfall though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Because Skygolem exists and if you haven't gotten one for 20-40k gold by now, you have only yourself to blame. What kind of pointless whine is it to cry about open world perks?
    Slightly off topic, but in regards to Sky Golem you don't even have to buy it. You can collect 300 Toys and the achievement Remember to Share will grant you a Mechanized Lumber Extractor which looks and performs the same as Sky Golem just with a different color tint. Came out at the start of Legion and personally I don't think hitting 300 toys is that hard with a lot of vendor bought ones and such (had mine since January 17) and sitting at 459 currently since both factions and other classes count (so each toy from class hall would count for achievement).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Slightly off topic, but in regards to Sky Golem you don't even have to buy it. You can collect 300 Toys and the achievement Remember to Share will grant you a Mechanized Lumber Extractor which looks and performs the same as Sky Golem just with a different color tint. Came out at the start of Legion and personally I don't think hitting 300 toys is that hard with a lot of vendor bought ones and such (had mine since January 17) and sitting at 459 currently since both factions and other classes count (so each toy from class hall would count for achievement).
    Yeah, the crying about druid travel form is about as stupid as the people crying about DH when DH at their peak did not even have 1/3 the representation of mages, rogues, warlocks, or warriors in both M+ and mythic raid races.

It's just sheep bleating.

Meanwhile real gross inequalities like rogues being bar none the best melee in the game by a mile with unrivaled survivability+mobility+CC+burst while enhancement shamans, windwalker monks, and feral druids exist has got to be one of the biggest jokes, not to mention the vulgar inequality in utility from CC to class buffs that some classes and specs bring over others.

Or the fact we're into 10+ years of WoW and melee are still heavily penalized and undervalued in most PvE content compared to ranged specs.

I don't know about changing Zen Flight like that because I kinda like it as is, admittedly it's not the most useful thing, but eh.

For me, I'd say modify roll so that if used in midair it reduces fall damage significantly and rolls when you land. That'd both solve the fall damage issue and fit thematically because rolling out of a fall is something a monk could totally do

but I like Zen Flight as it is..it's the only flying mount you can fish with

Wholeheartedly agreed, you can herb, fish, and interact with quest objects it. You can even mount up into a better flying mount or hearth on your cloud.