Page 1 of 134
... LastLast

MAGA-hatted teens harass/mock Native Americans at Indigenous Peoples March

https://www.gq.com/story/maga-hat-in...-peoples-march

This weekend, D.C. is unusually crowded. The third Women's March is happening Saturday, but on Friday it was preceded by the long-running anti-abortion March for Life and the Indigenous Peoples March. For the people attending the latter, it's an especially fraught time as the government shutdown is interfering with many basic services for Native Americans. This comes months after the Supreme Court ruled against Native voting rights in North Dakota, and just days after the president cracked jokes on Twitter about historic massacres.

Multiple videos have surfaced since Friday showing a group of teenage boys crowded around attendants of the Indigenous Peoples March. In the footage of the encounter, many of the boys are wearing Make America Great Again hats, and can be seen laughing at and imitating a Native drummer. One boy even stands directly in front of the drummer, as close as he can get, staring the man down for several minutes.

The boys are reportedly from the all-boys Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky, though according to the Cincinnati Enquirer there's no confirmation for that yet (the Enquirer did report that the school's website announced students would be traveling to D.C. for the March for Life). According to Indian Country Today, the man in the video is Omaha elder and Vietnam vet Nathan Phillips. The Indigenous Peoples March is neither a partisan nor explicitly anti-Trump event.

I wonder what kind of values these boys are learning from their parents/school.

I'd have punched that smug smirk right off that little pricks face. No goddamned decency or respect in those little shits.

Oh look more racism and intolerance by the MAGA boys. Little punk mother...

Yeah some high school racists. We had an incident here in Minnesota where again high school kids were giving Hitler salutes.

In the age of trump more and more racism and intolerance.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Edit: Looks like the story is far more muddled than reported. Still think the teenagers were being pompous shits, as were the activists screaming at them.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2019-01-21 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what went wrong in these kids upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    I'd have punched that smug smirk right off that little pricks face. No goddamned decency or respect in those little shits.
    Many would have, but the drummer showed amazing resilience. Those kids just exposed themselves as the dumbasses of our country and not doing their hero president any favors.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

@Hubcap C'mon this one's for you!! I bet you are proud of those little cunts!

OT: Did Trump actually crack jokes about historic massacres on the Native Americans? Holy shit, there's no too low for this man, is there?

Here’s another video of these kids harassing this Native American protestor. The ignorance, the bigotry, is infuriating. This is not the future of this nation.
    https://twitter.com/sahluwal/status/1086641618776580096

Another PoV of the MAGA shitheads around the one punk,being well Full maga
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's America. Where being a smug, disrespectful little shit is encouraged.

10+ Year Old Account
    The MAGA Hat.

The modern day klan hood. Get yours today!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Violence begets violence.
    While I hate the extreme left almost as much as the extreme right, people don't seem to understand (or care, I guess) that the right tends to escalate violence instead of merely reciprocating it. This makes leftist calls (primarily from keyboard warriors) for violence even stupider and more harmful. Punch a kid in a MAGA hat for "expressing his opinion" and suddenly you have Richard Spencer telling his drones that THIS IS PROOF WE'RE UNDER ATTACK and then some crazy alt-righter drives a van into someone.

It's amusing to see leftists subtly, and unawaringly, practically complain that the guy was composed and didn't commit violence against the kid. "I'd have kicked that kid's ass, why didn't he punch the kid, etc".

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Irony is the same people that will defend this obnoxious little shit are the same people who lost their minds over the perceived lack of respect of kneeling during the national anthem.

Wait, am I missing something? I don't see anything wrong in the videos. Being disrespectful is allowed. If you want to use force to stop these kids from being disrespectful, don't be surprised if the other side wants to use force against you for being disrespectful towards things they like.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The MAGA Hat.

The modern day klan hood. Get yours today!
    Hear, hear!

The maga's had climbed out the shit and are now out in the open. These are not some edge lords wearing that racist hat, they are racist.

Oh look a bunch of white MAGA conservative teens acting not much different than how hitler's youth may have if Jews were marching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Wait, am I missing something? I don't see anything wrong in the videos. Being disrespectful is allowed. If you want to use force to stop these kids from being disrespectful, don't be surprised if the other side wants to use force against you for being disrespectful towards things they like.
    Disrespectful? More like racist shitbags all while wearing the MAGA hat no less. I bet Trump approves.

Hot takes from a woke independent(tm)

Singing along isn’t disrespectful, by that logic FSU fans are disrespectful for doing the Seminole war chant. The kid doing the staring is disrespectful though.

You are missing something... you even said it. You dont see anything wrong in the videos. Being disrespectful is allowed. Thats why no one knocked the little shit out. But the fact that you cant see anything wrong with a large host of white kids wearing maga hats grouping up around a native american who is chanting while mockingly chanting then there is really something wrong with you.

I love the people trying to actually engage with the posters defending this racist bullshit.

They're not operating in good faith why would you think they're going to honestly engage with you.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Singing along isn’t disrespectful, by that logic FSU fans are disrespectful for doing the Seminole war chant. The kid doing the staring is disrespectful though.
    Intent is a thing. Watch the videos. This wasnt a reverent chant in solidarity. It was mocking. It was kind of nauseating to actually watch.