Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Inb4 they make us defend Stormwind from Sylvanas' attack regardless if you're Horde or Alliance.
    Oh! Can we then have a cinematic where Alliance victory is soiled by some asshole, like Gallywix, saying that if they don’t uphold their honor, we will end them?!

Inb4 they make us defend Stormwind from Sylvanas' attack regardless if you're Horde or Alliance.
    Look on the bright side. At least we'd be the ones saving Our Treasure instead of the other way around.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    You are not telling the full story, as is usual amongst Jaina haters:

- Dalaran: Gained when Jaina committed genocide against the Sunreavers after Aethas Sunreaver refused to leave the city peacefully. Lost one expansion later when Jaina left the Kirin Tor to fight the Legion on her own.
    A perfectly normal reaction to a person refusing to leave their home! Gotta love that Lord Admiral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Derek is being taked to see Calia as was indicated in the datamined dialogues and he is gonna belight brainwashed cured from whatever the screecher did to him and the start of the light undead allied race.
    Really? damn they got rid of the only possible good twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Really? damn they got rid of the only possible good twist.
    Which good twist? Actually Derek being a light undead or see what is Calia up to is definitive more interesting, I am smelling the abyss watchers here

I claim an elf bias. That's about it. Ok, maybe a human bias too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Oh! Can we then have a cinematic where Alliance victory is soiled by some asshole, like Gallywix, saying that if they don’t uphold their honor, we will end them?!
    Well, in that case Alliance's victory would be our victory. It'd be more something like: "I know you've had to draft farmers and all... but Sylvanas's been stopped. Let's work towards peace now, this time seriously we promise!".

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Look on the bright side. At least we'd be the ones saving Our Treasure instead of the other way around.
    This could be where the consequences of those choices we've made will finally be reflected.

If you picked Baine & Saurfang, you get to save Stormwind and our treasure from Sylvanas.
    If you've picked Sylvanas, raid'd be setup in a way that you'd get told by every boss how you're bad and how you've picked the wrong choice.

Well, every time the Horde wins something, the world at large loses something, so... it's going to be better this way, really.

Do we really want Azeroth to be a barren wasteland or a plagued graveyard? No, right? Then Horde losses are Azeroth's wins.

By the way, why does the Horde even have shamans, druids, monks and light worshippers? Aren't they like, I mean, not doing their job, at all?
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    By the way, why does the Horde even have shamans, druids, monks and light worshippers? Aren't they like, I mean, not doing their job, at all?
    Which is an amusing point considering that this "job" is being done by two warriors: Saurfang and Baine.

Well, in that case Alliance's victory would be our victory. It'd be more something like: "I know you've had to draft farmers and all... but Sylvanas's been stopped. Let's work towards peace now, this time seriously we promise!".
    As much as I currently loathe Saurfang, I'll admit that I'd get a kick out of him pulling the Varian routine on Tyrande or Rogers or someone the writers don't think will reflect badly on Our Spiritual Liege. The resulting shitstorm would take a bit of the sting out of things.

If you picked Baine & Saurfang, you get to save Stormwind and our treasure from Sylvanas.
    If you've picked Sylvanas, raid'd be setup in a way that you'd get told by every boss how you're bad and how you've picked the wrong choice.
    If you chose to side with Sylvanas in 8.1 and reported Baine's mad cow disease to the cops in 8.1.5, then right before the raid you'll get a bonus quest to apologize to Anduin. He'll forgive you because he knows you didn't mean it and you'll do the raid as normal. And it's only as I finish writing this that I don't think it's a joke anymore. Fuck.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Thanks to Anduin being anything more then a pig farmer, there is always a way out!
    Free rage management classes to everyone! Night elves and worgens included.
    Seriously though, with the end of MoP being a giant asskiss for the Alliance, followed up by a bit of a tongue added during most of the Legion, do you really think that vistory would belong to them again?
    Yes! I still hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    How isn't the story bias? Yeah Horde can choose 2 shitty options instead of getting the baseline shitty one. Woo hoo.
    Calling the story bias while its in the middle of being told is one of the dumber things people like to do around here.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

While I have all manner of bitching to do about the Wrathgate when we get the confirmation about it, I don't think Blizzard would retcon BTS when Golden's on the team. That said, I do think there's a non-zero chance that an attack on Stormwind will be somehow involved in the last content patch, given there's been foreshadowing there. Kind of an inverse Siege of Orgrimmar where we start with an attack and then go into the heavy N'zoth/Sylvanas stuff.
    Possible. Maybe the city is already being attacked by the forces of evil (whomever that evil is) and the Alliance rushes in to save it while the Horde... I dunno, wants the war to be sporting and so think N'zoth winning it for them would be totally boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Well, every time the Horde wins something, the world at large loses something, so... it's going to be better this way, really.

Do we really want Azeroth to be a barren wasteland or a plagued graveyard? No, right? Then Horde losses are Azeroth's wins.

Yeah, Alliance druids and priests were always the way to go! It’s not like they ever grew a giant forest of death in the middle of someone else’s lands or led a deadly cult dedicated to the end of all things!

7+ Year Old Account
    as long as the Horde kills useless char's like Malf and Vereesa
    i don't mind losing the war and dismantle the horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Possible. Maybe the city is already being attacked by the forces of evil (whomever that evil is) and the Alliance rushes in to save it while the Horde... I dunno, wants the war to be sporting and so think N'zoth winning it for them would be totally boring?
    If the writers are self-aware enough they'll want the Horde to break with Sylvanas over something that isn't her turning on them first and making the whole issue moot, necessitating Mists 3.0 . Prioritizing killing the Alliance instead of saving the world is cliche as fuck for a reason to turn, but it's the kind of sappy "We're all on the same side at the end" thing Afrasiabi loves and it also gives the Horde agency. So you might not be too far off in their reasoning being that they can't let N'zoth win even if he's fighting their enemy because it's dishonorable. In turn, them helping out will give Anduin something to show Tyrande on why she's wrong and everyone will reconcile and chuckle over one of Gallywix's cheesy jokes.

If the writers are self-aware enough they'll want the Horde to break with Sylvanas over something that isn't her turning on them first and making the whole issue moot, necessitating Mists 3.0 . Prioritizing killing the Alliance instead of saving the world is cliche as fuck for a reason to turn, but it's the kind of sappy "We're all on the same side at the end" thing Afrasiabi loves and it also gives the Horde agency. So you might not be too far off in their reasoning being that they can't let N'zoth win even if he's fighting their enemy because it's dishonorable. In turn, them helping out will give Anduin something to show Tyrande on why she's wrong and everyone will reconcile and chuckle over one of Gallywix's cheesy jokes.
    I mean, rationally letting N'zoth consume the Alliance is a terrible idea, and if she serves N'zoth in any capacity allowing Sylvanas to turn Stomwind's population is even worse. Everyone knows the Old Gods are the worst possible kind of Bad News, and the Horde already turned on one Warchief after he was seen playing with eldritch toys.

And I mean, reconciliation is inevitable. The faction war will end as a plot point, at least until the gods of marketing demand it be resurrected, and there's worse ways to end it than have us avert the Hentai apocalypse together. Sure, it's cliche, but expect nothing but cliche out of Warcraft and you won't be disappointed.

A perfectly normal reaction to a person refusing to leave their home! Gotta love that Lord Admiral.
    At least Jaina offered him the choice to end the conflict peacefully. Jaina was not given that choice when Garrosh vowed to conquer all of Kalimdor. The Kaldorei were not given that choice when Sylvanas marched on their lands.

If Aethas didn't want a problem with his superior, then perhaps he should have put a leash on his Sunreaver dogs.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean, rationally letting N'zoth consume the Alliance is a terrible idea, and if she serves N'zoth in any capacity allowing Sylvanas to turn Stomwind's population is even worse. Everyone knows the Old Gods are the worst possible kind of Bad News, and the Horde already turned on one Warchief after he was seen playing with eldritch toys.

And I mean, reconciliation is inevitable. The faction war will end as a plot point, at least until the gods of marketing demand it be resurrected, and there's worse ways to end it than have us avert the Hentai apocalypse together. Sure, it's cliche, but expect nothing but cliche out of Warcraft and you won't be disappointed.
    I wrote it pretty bitterly, but I actually find that to be one of the better ways to go about it because it solves the power dynamic issues and the persistent problem that is the feeling that we need saving from the Alliance to reclaim whatever the fuck we're supposed to be this time around. With this we differentiate the Horde from Sylvanas in a meaningful way, remove the Alliance saving us issue by having the Horde be the ones bailing them out and don't really sweep all the bad blood out of the way forever, since the conflict remains unresolved and you can easily move into a Vanilla-esque cold war scenario. It also has none of the problems that the Baine or Saurfang scenario have in terms of doing stupid shit just to oppose Sylvanas that's arguably worse. Not letting tentacle monsters eat the world is objectively correct. There's tons of other shit associated with it that irks, but it's among the lesser evils.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-01-20 at 07:59 PM.

Seriously though, with the end of MoP being a giant asskiss for the Alliance, followed up by a bit of a tongue added during most of the Legion, do you really think that vistory would belong to them again?
    Yes! I still hope...
    Their victory was pretty much guaranteed the moment we've learned what our warchief's end goal is. But now you and Super Dickmann made me imagine Baine giving Varian's soo speech to Genn, Rogers, Tyrande and co and I'm in love with the idea!