Thread: I miss Pandaria

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I was skeptical at first, because I never really like when RPGs do their inevitable eastern themed expansion/rulebook, but turns out I was completely wrong and Blizzard exceeded my every expectation of it. If you haven't, I highly recommend playing through the quest content, because the story is fairly good.
    What hooked me on WoW was the social play. I loved the social aspect of the individual servers. It was amazing and totally addicting. They destroyed that in late BC. By late Wrath it was gone. MoP had zero in-game community so its just trash. Quest content? I never played Wow for quest content. Nor story.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    5.0-5.2 was the best period of WoW.
    That and 5.3, I really loved when you wen't full nuke on the Kor'kron etc, and I loved all the Kor'kron NPCs in Orgrimmar.

The world felt alive because of it.

Well, MoP did have one of the best raids ever done. So that's worth seeing as well, even though it's not quite the same now, of course.

The "in-game" community is a bit of a fallacy. It doesn't exist. Guilds do and always have. That's the only social construct that make sense cognitively, if you're into social play, that is.
    Like I say, the core appeal was the in-game community. Sure, you had leveling, quests, and raids. But those things have no meaning outside the social community. The appeal of WoW is when you play on a server, and there are 3-5 top guilds on the server competing for progression goals. Guild A may be the most-progressed raiding guild. Then guilds B and C are below them duking it out for second-best. Maybe 5 more guilds are on a third tier fighting to move up to catch B and C. When you down a boss, you announce it to the community and feel a sense of pride in your guild. Between wipes on progression night, you are listening for news of progression from rival guilds on your server.

All of these things provide the WHY. Why are you playing? Why are you doing any of this? With an in-game community, you instantly have the WHY. WoW was NEVER about the quests, story, raids and dungeons. It was about the social interaction and the community. All of the raids etc were just the background, the mechanism that facilitated the social interaction.

This is why modern raids seem vastly superior on a technical level, yet it all feels empty, meaningless and unfulfilling. This is why the raids from Pandaria seem amazing to people and yet they scratch their heads and watch sub numbers fall and guilds collapsing when Pandaria was current content. YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT OF THE GAME.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

First time I unsubbed due to the game and not real life. Stuck it out in Cata and was doing PuG raids throughout due to guild dying in WotLK. MoP raids was even harder than Cata for PuGs until Siege which was too late for my realm and for me to bother. I also dont like mindless solo content grinds while dungeons was gutted compared to even WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I think he means he misses Retail MoP, back when it was current content. That's not something you can bring back.
    Ohhhhh OK. Then i can understand that. Retail MoP! My guildee was talking the other day saying he can't experience northrend anymore, that he can't enter the raids or dungeons and quest on alts. We had to tell him that the zones etc are still there to experience.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    i deffinitely agree with you, noticed that like 80-90% of dps specs have energy/cp system of some kind XD
    Resource System are good they make the game less mindless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    You do realize that Pandaria is not gone..and is still very much part of the game. You can go there, do raids..dungeons..frollock in the zones in MoP right. hehe
    The class design is gone though.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you join a new guild?
    Had to gotten climatized to PuGs during ICC when I leveled my first alt and did PuG raiding on it. I enjoyed the freedom of Puging and long understood and accepted the drawbacks. There also where not many late night guilds in particular casual late night guilds(9 or 10pm PST) on my faction/realm. I did try realm transfer when some friends got back in but that did not last and did not build any connections with others on the realm which also lacked the late night population. Almost got into one after I got my 3rd alt leveled up during Firelands got into a starter pre-nerf Firelands group that would later end up forming a guild. Their time did not really line up with my usual though.

They need to revert the game back to mop and just rebuild. Keep world quest, premade finder, and mythic dungeons. Rework azerite and bring back badge vendors. Also keep allied races but trash everything else.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-01-22 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was great. I really enjoyed Pandaria Lore. Zones and dungeons were awesome for me and ofc my pandarian hunter! Yes, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Resource System are good they make the game less mindless.

- - - Updated - - -

The class design is gone though.
    Makes you wonder why everytime players like class designs, blizz has to change them and make them worse.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I loved MOP. I loved the class design in MOP. Things made sense in how dps classes worked. It fixed a lot of what was wrong in Cataclysm except for the easy dungeons. Then everything went to hell with the patch for WOD.

Makes you wonder why everytime players like class designs, blizz has to change them and make them worse.
    They need to keep classes fresh or we'd get bored. It's a balancing act honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    They need to revert the game back to mop and just rebuild. Keep world quest, premade finder, and mythic dungeons. Rework azerite and bring back badge vendors. Also keep allied races but trash everything else.
    BfA could even make sense after MoP as a 5.4 patch with all these Zandalari/Mogu/Jaina storylines. And the Faction War was easier to justify after MoP than it is after Legion.

I'm with everyone here, I loved MoP (particularly as an Altoholic), everything was great and went downhill from then on (until that unsubbed point).

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    BfA could even make sense after MoP as a 5.4 patch with all these Zandalari/Mogu/Jaina storylines. And the Faction War was easier to justify after MoP than it is after Legion.

I'm with everyone here, I loved MoP (particularly as an Altoholic), everything was great and went downhill from then on (until that unsubbed point).
    Mop wasn't perfect but it was last time the game was fixable. They need to add new dungeons this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Outland...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    MoP was the last time I actually felt like the game was fun. I miss it a lot.
    Same for me.

But have you answered the question “Why do you fight?”

- - - Updated - - -

But now more true than ever is the question “ what do you have worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    No clunkyness of vanilla/tbc/wotlk but also not blunt and hollow design of Legion/BfA.
    I might understand the accusation of clunkiness for Vanilla (though I'd say it's more a case of "sluggishness"), but TBC and WotLK ? They were smooth and a good balance between active and still leaving room for management (well, if you remove Replenishment in WotLK).

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Do people make threads like this really meaning what they say or just to keep away millions of potential players who want to come back
    You do realize that Pandaria is not gone..and is still very much part of the game. You can go there, do raids..dungeons..frollock in the zones in MoP right. hehe
    I should have expected this kind of replies to this thread in all honesty. People on these forums tend to read only thread titles and nothing else and jump to discussion. If they would read anything else they would have know it isn't meant to discuss MoP as a whole expansion but its class design p'much exclusively.
    Besides the point, I didn't mind MoP theme as much as I though i would at the time. Blizz "westernized" it so much that i was able to swallow it, even despite my burning hatred to asian "themes". Also, whole world(of warcraft) was always fantasy spin on different real life cultures such as tauren-native american, nelf-amazon/greek, vyrkul-vikings etc, so why can't we have asians too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs legendary Quests in MoP when you can get a quest right now in BfA that says:"Kill King Rastakhan in the Battle of Dazar'alor" for 2k Azerite Power *woohoo*