Poll: Are you happy with BfA class design/gameplay

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How happy ore you with BfA class design?

The overall verdict would be the most useful (evaluating all classes/specs) but if you are happy with at least one class/spec and think it overweights all others feel free to hit appreciate answer.

Legion was better, but I enjoy how specs don't overlap as it was before Legion.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

This thread feels kind of pointless when you know what the overwhelming response is going to be.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

are you kidding? the shit hole WoD was, it still had a really good class design ( and it was the expansion we had class pron.).

Legion gave us the best class design devs could give us ( dont get confuse with the best class design that can be )

BFA however, with the badly watered down content it has, would be a lot more acceptable if it had an actual class design.

Fairly unhappy, classes that didn't need extra toys like brewmaster monks and havoc dhs got them, meanwhile classes like dps warriors and shadow priest lost a part of their utility for no reason. Tanks and melee dps have big disparity in desirability in raids and mythic+, some classes are "always invite" some others are "never invite", it's never good to hear that your chosen main is bench / reroll material.

Specs like vengeance, guardian or arcane are super bare bones when artifacts, tiers and legendaries are gone, and nothing came to fill the void in any interesting manner.

Many spells that were fun got removed (rip gust of wind), nerfed, or lumped into talent rows where they're noncompetitive so can't be picked.

Azerite armor design makes it hard to "target" specific combo of traits at a good ilvl. The choice is really not there.

Damage cooldowns on gcd create a situation where you often press 2-3 button "pre buffing" yourself before you can even start dpsing. Feels awful. For example prot pala with wings + seraphim or arcane mage with rune of power + charged up + arcane power.

Disparity in dispels (much more poisons than curses for example) create a situation druid / monk healer is more welcome in dungeons than a shaman, despite all the other utility disparity that already doesn't do resto shamans favours (ring of peace + monk debuff / ursol vortex + combat rez).

Monk / dh debuffs are an annoying tax to deal with, while warrior buff can be replaced by a scroll. No idea why can't they make things equal on both fronts.

MM hunter is a complete wreck of a spec, and 8.1 changes did little to improve it. Being petless already removes half the utility hunter can bring, binding shot got nerfed, and all they improved is duration of concussive that's a 1 target slow. Their aoe is also much worse than in legion.

There's a lot of wrong with multiple classes / specs and I'd revert half of them to MOP or WOD state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every iteration of class design since WoD has sucked. BfA is particularly bad on all fronts.

1.) Removing baseline, niche abilities (Stances, etc.) and handing them back as talents is bad.
    2.) Removing baseline utility and handing them back as PvP talents is bad
    3.) Discouraging things like AMS soaking and Berserker Stance (Termed by Ion as "degenerate playstyles") is bad.
    4.) Redesigning classes so that they're mechanically unrecognizable is bad.
    5.) Removing gameplay options like 2h Frost is bad and hasn't improved balance
    6.) Slapping everything under the sun onto the GCD slows down gameplay and makes clunky, tedious rotations even more clunky and tedious.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    An ore rating? I’d give it about a cobalt.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering every single class is worse now than in Legion I'd say pretty unhappy

Its pretty much the worst since vanilla. Just compare specs like retribution to its former versions. Its fucking boring and dreadful.

15+ Year Old Account
    BFA is a thorium out of ghost iron to mithril
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Just whatever, class design has sucked for a long time, it's nothing new in BfA. Total class homogenization started in WoD and it's sucked since. Who cares if it's all finely tuned if it all plays the same, anyway?

I've never enjoyed class design less. Nothing I play is fun and nothing in BfA really hit the mark. Legion was very hit-or-miss but at least they were somewhat interesting, and a developer mentioned early on that the new Legion designs were basically the stepping off point for future complexity.

Fast forward to BfA and classes have never been more simple, boringly simple. Developers seem like they have a priority towards sterilizing combat. Healing in particular is comically bad right now, there's no enjoyment to be had from it from any role. My favorite class, warlock, is borderline unrecognizable from what I enjoyed playing so it doesn't even really feel like I have a main anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Just whatever, class design has sucked for a long time, it's nothing new in BfA. Total class homogenization started in WoD and it's sucked since. Who cares if it's all finely tuned if it all plays the same, anyway?
    This, too. It feels like from WoD onward it's just been a downward slope that keeps reaching new lows. Legion left a bad taste in my mouth but BfA really drove it into the ground.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-01-22 at 09:55 PM.

MoP was the best class design hands down.

They couldn't get healers right, so that's when they introduced fatigue in PvP (which was understandable) -60% healing iirc.

All classes are the same now. They're very hard to distinguish. The only time I can is when I open the Xmog NPC. Moonkin Form gives 10% damage, Shadowform gives 10% damage. They're all the same now and it's literally terrible.

I only really care about my rotation, and I'm currently not happy with it, even though I already got used to it.

I'm a mage that doesn't have Mirror Image or Evocation. Two iconic abilities. Class design had started to go down the tubes when they got rid of talent trees.

I understand the desire to try new things to keep the game from being stagnant, but I think it's time to put the trees back in, and start giving abilities back, starting the next expansion.
    Last edited by ablib; 2019-01-22 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    BFA class design is the reason I quit during Antorus. It went downhill in WoD and was worse in Legion. When the patch notes came out that they were moving artifact traits onto the talent tree without compensating elsewhere I knew the game was probably going to die. It will take a massive overhaul of their class design philosophy for this game reverse its downward trend.

I'm still salty about the survival hunter. That spec was literally perfect back in MoP and they've continually bastardized it over time.

Also wtf is up with demon hunters, could they make a more easy mode class?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    This thread feels kind of pointless when you know what the overwhelming response is going to be.
    Is it really pointless though? The poll itself is rather unbias, and seeing as this is mainly a WoW website this is one of the better places to get favorable results. Straying to the WoW forums (if they ever did it) or other websites would likely result in a more skewed poll. I think that while it's still small, this is one of the better sites to get meaningful votes.

I can only speak for myself, but the height of my WoW friend groups was Classic, Burning Crusade, Legion, and Cataclysm. After that it slowly went down with MoP then drastically down with WoD. Legion restored it a bit along with BFA, the difference between Legion and BFA is that Legion managed to keep my friends throughout the duration while with BFA they have all but died out within 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    This, too. It feels like from WoD onward it's just been a downward slope that keeps reaching new lows. Legion left a bad taste in my mouth but BfA really drove it into the ground.
    At least Legion had artifact weapons and class halls that helped distract us from class homogenization and gave classes some identity and distinction, but they decided to make those obsolete, so the issue that was never fixed floated back to the surface with a bad Azerite system to boot.

How can I have an opinion of something that doesn't exist?