Quote Originally Posted by Reachie View Post
    All of those examples above, they are improving their craft, getting more skilled.

In WoW, you are just improving your character by doing these things, not improving your skill with said character.
    You're literally describing the definition of an RPG, and guess what, that's exactly what WoW is.

Many forms of training for all of the stuff I've listed are also for the largest part just 'time checks'. It's not like sitting on a bycicle doing endurance training is particularly complicated, it's not like playing your saxophone practicing scales and cords is complicated, it's not like running a marathon is particularly complicated. Becoming the best in the world at something involves 'time checks' in the form of 'easy, tedious tasks' for just about anything.
    Last edited by willemh; 2019-02-08 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Not 1 of those links proved me wrong. If you actually made an attempted to provide your own source, you'd know that but again you don't know much about what you're talking about.
    Must be bad to live in so much denial.

Is it possible to just move this dragon soul conversation that's been going on for days to a new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie View Post
    All of those examples above, they are improving their craft, getting more skilled.

In WoW, you are just improving your character by doing these things, not improving your skill with said character.
    Think of it like basically any sport that uses equipment/vehicle then.
    Nascar, F1, even dang swim suits. You don't think these athletes wouldn't pay whatever for the tiniest leg up on their competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Nascar, F1, even dang swim suits. You don't think these athletes wouldn't pay whatever for the tiniest leg up on their competition?
    Good point, and yes they would do whatever they can to get a leg up, the only problem is, there is no RNG involved in getting new equipment or things like that.

I guess I didn't make my point well enough, sorry about that, the problem with his original analogy is if we did those situations in a vacuum, then you are right. But in the instance of WoW I could farm 5x more then you; and by luck, you could have higher ilvl then me because of titanforging, ect.

That's my only grip; is that as much farming as you can possibly do; you might not get the full benefit, irregardless of your amount of time spent.

Hope that makes some sense, it does in my head anyways.

Something I've wondered: are there any NA raiders in guilds other than Limit who would clearly improve Limit if they joined it? If so, who are some of them?

Seems like NA needs to get all its best raiders in one guild if they are gonna have a chance of beating Method.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Something I've wondered: are there any NA raiders in guilds other than Limit who would clearly improve Limit if they joined it? If so, who are some of them?

Seems like NA needs to get all its best raiders in one guild if they are gonna have a chance of beating Method.
    no one cares anymore, more people watch asmongold stream everytime then watched method during the race ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    yes, and some advantages are so overpowering that competitors are disqualified for using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post

It isn't really about the skill level of the players at the very top, as they are all very mechanically skilled at the game. The problem is trying to find enough people who have the desire, and more importantly, the availability, to even try to compete for World First.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    no one cares anymore, more people watch asmongold stream everytime then watched method during the race ever.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, and some advantages are so overpowering that competitors are disqualified for using them.
    Not sheriff srs. Across all of the method streamers during the race, they had over 120k viewers or more. Asmongold didn't come close to that during the race.

Unless im misunderstanding you...

I wonder if it's just that the average age of WoW's playerbase has increased over the years, so just a smaller pool of people that can commit to WF type raiding?

Feels bad for Exorsus, on the verge of loosing their spot to semi-hardcore guilds ...

Max's post-kill stream is pretty good, worth a watch. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/376241520

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    Feels bad for Exorsus, on the verge of loosing their spot to semi-hardcore guilds ...
    They decided to stop going hard for world first after Tomb of Sargeras as I recall. Wasn't worth it.

They still go hard, but not what Method and Limit are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    They decided to stop going hard for world first after Tomb of Sargeras as I recall. Wasn't worth it.

Why are they raiding 12-16h everyday ever since mythic opened then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post

They say they're quitting every tier yet still put in 16 hr raid days when the next raid rolls around.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

After wiping at least 15 times sub 10% Alpha finally killed Jaina for world 3rd

Alpha with the world 3rd guild kill. China top 3. EU btfo!

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Why are they raiding 12-16h everyday ever since mythic opened then?
    Method and Limit do more than just raid 16 hour days. The shit Method did to get their ilvl as high as possible is crazy.

China gets access to raid 32 hours after NA and 16 hours after EU and still managed top 3 and they even streamed on top of it.

Impressive.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    China gets access to raid 32 hours after NA and 16 hours after EU and still managed top 3 and they even streamed on top of it.

Impressive.
    Don't they get loot on 100% of bonus rolls?