Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I love watching those stolen valor vids, bunch of idiots trying to collect on those free meals and discounts lmao, go to war then come back and get your free meal.
    Dependas are just as bad imo lol. Being an army wife is just as hard as being a soldier! I deserve a free meal!

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Also, as pointed out, to get this kind of information on the guy and his service record, you'd literally need his personal information (including SSN) PLUS the government is shut down, i.e. nobody there to fulfill off-the-cuff requests for information in a matter of a couple of days. Random nobodies don't have access to this kind of information unless they do it illegally. This smells like BS, lmao.
    Looks like Service number or SSN don't need both.
    https://www.archives.gov/veterans/mi...-form-180.html

If you are not able to obtain a SF-180, you may still submit a request for military records. Requests must contain enough information to allow us to identify the record from among the more than 70 million on file at the NPRC. For example, if you are requesting an Official Military Personnel File (OMPF), please include as much of the following information as possible:

The veteran's complete name used while in service
    Service number or social security number
    Branch of service
    Dates of service
    Date and place of birth may also be helpful, especially if the service number is not known
    If the request pertains to a record that may have been involved in the 1973 fire, also include:
    Place of discharge
    Last unit of assignment
    Place of entry into the service, if known.

Please submit a separate request (either SF 180 or letter) for each individual whose records are being requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Conservatives suddenly caring about military service after electing Cadet Bonespurs.
    Trump supporters also now suddenly care about facts and truth, I am sure it will go away by the next Trump tweet.

oh shit, here we go again lol
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

There is a severe lack of pointing out Whataboutism and how horrible it is, in this thread, by our left leaning posters.. that's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    so a bunch of maga hat racists bullied a native american non-veteran. not sure how this makes much of a difference.
    Confused. If he served in the military, doesn't that mean he is a veteran?

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Depends on your definition of a veteran. Yes the dictionary definition is anyone who served in any capacity. Most ppl I know usually refer to it as someone who has deployed overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    First, technically "stolen valor"'s actual meaning is when someone is wearing specific medals that they didn't earn but people have since started basically doing civilian justice outing people that say they were in certain branches of military, served etc. which usually is for discounts, ego, fake street credit etc.

Regarding this current situation one of the Indian gentleman's comments was that he was a "recon ranger" when in actuality his military records state that he was an electrician that served in the reserves for 4 years and retired as a "private", the lowest rank you can have. All in all, thanks for serving no big deal but the issue that that real rangers who go through hell to earn that title and actually put their lives on the line don't take kindly to someone like this just throwing that unearned title around.

In WoW terms, it would be like if me the lowly keyboard troll said that I was with Method on their Mythic Ghuun kill and I have all the titles bla bla when in actuality I've only played the raid in LFR.

Anyways, as for the little brat in the MAGA hat, he was being a jackass and I'm not condoning his behavior as he deserved to get slapped but anyways. In a nutshell, the Indian has been saying "I'm from Vietnam time" so he kind of skirts around the fact that he was never actually deployed to Vietnam but when reporters are calling him a Vietnam Vet to get shock value from people he has the opportunity to correct them but he is not so that create some issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    While it was suspected that he did not serve new information is now surfacing that he indeed did not serve in Vietnam. Nor was he Marine Recon. He was a general electrician and a refrigerator mechanic in Kansas, Nebraska, and California. He was discharged at the prestigious rank of Private after going AWOL 3 times in 1976 during his 4th year as a reservist. He never left the states. How quickly will the left abandon him now, or will they stick to their narrative?

This guy is kind of weird but he has pulled the records for Nathan "Phillips".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIXIzvyAlLA
    I guess it's only ok for Cadet Bone Spurs to try to actively avoid enlistment and to not only insult a Gold Star family but to say, On stage mind you, he "always wanted to get a purple heart" and took one from a vet that gave it away to wear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T5RDMQI2Q8

The left needs to learn how to fight with the pigs in the mud at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Fair enough he lied about being a recon ranger and his wording on his Vietnam service was specific. He used the term "Vietnam TIMES Veteran". He did serve as an electrician and never made it above private rank nor did he ever leave American soil. He also went AWOL several times.
    Yet he still did more service than your beloved Bone Spurs.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Never understood americans and their seething hatred for people who pretend to have been in the military.

Cultural differences? Can someone explain this for me? Because over here, lying about how you've been in the military and people find out that you lied is no bigger deal than a regular lie. People will just think you are a lying mythomaniac, and go on with their day, but it seems that Americans want to literally lynch people lying about it.
    It is a cultural thing. We hold our veterans in high regard. They are the ones who (at one time) fought and died for the freedoms we enjoy. As a veteran myself, I felt as though I did my duty to help secure our Nation and the rights for our citizens. I know the sacrifice our military and their families go through. So for someone to claim they are part of it just feels like they are disrespecting all that have ever served. I dont know, maybe someone else can put it to words better than I can.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird. Every military person I know uses it as per the dictionary definition. They add the theater(s) if they served in any.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it does.
    I guess it's a regional thing. I'm east coast USA. Most of my military friends wouldnt call themselves veterans. One just got back from Korea and he still doesnt call himself a vet because there wasn't any fighting there.

One interview I heard, he said he was a "Vietnam era vet". To me that means he served during the time the Vietnam war was going on but not necessarily in Vietnam. Another interview with him, he said "Vietnam vet" which to me means he served in Vietnam.

There are lot of people who served in Vietnam who never fired a shot in anger. You have cooks, office clerks, mechanics, forklift drivers, etc.

But yes, I do think he's probably told stories about his serving in Vietnam to get sympathy from people.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2019-01-23 at 02:32 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Never understood americans and their seething hatred for people who pretend to have been in the military.

Cultural differences? Can someone explain this for me? Because over here, lying about how you've been in the military and people find out that you lied is no bigger deal than a regular lie. People will just think you are a lying mythomaniac, and go on with their day, but it seems that Americans want to literally lynch people lying about it.
    It's a federal crime here so that is why a big deal. Also, tons of fraud has occurred for security firms, police, ect with it.
    Better question is why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    It's a federal crime here so that is why a big deal. Also, tons of fraud has occurred for security firms, police, ect with it.
    Better question is why not?
    It is only a federal crime if he lies about his awards or decorations for material gains. Otherwise it's First Amendment stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I guess it's a regional thing. I'm east coast USA. Most of my military friends wouldnt call themselves veterans. One just got back from Korea and he still doesnt call himself a vet because there wasn't any fighting there.
    I am in the North East. I served 4 years (deployed-no combat) and consider myself and anyone who served a Veteran. If you served, you are a Veteran. Army Vet, Marine Vet, etc.. If you served, deployed in combat, then you would be a <Theater, Operation> Vet. Example Iraq War Vet, Desert Storm Vet, Vietnam Vet.

I dont know how this guy labeled himself, but I heard a few media outlets claim he was a Vietnam Vet.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    You cared enough to post. Thank you for caring.
    No, who cares if he lied. Doesn't change that some little kids were shitty to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha damn that guy seems like a serious loser.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yea... it's sooo embarrassing when you get a story wrong and then immediately correct yourself. I'm glad only the left does that.

The left is more dangerous. Glorious. What dystopia have you concocted that your fictional, demonized version of a "leftie" will lead us towards?
    LOL! Yeah, just look at all these people "correcting" themselves.

The losses keep piling up for the MSM on this one. So many false narratives disproved, so many tweets deleted. I wonder if this will teach e-celebs like Shaun King to shut up until all the facts come out. Probably not. They will slither away and quietly await the next opportunity to stir up racial animosity...unless that animosity comes from people of color (like the Black Israelis), in which case they will be given a pass, like always.

Because we take it more serious. Its not a regular lie. People fought and Died for our country. So pretending you were along side them is just being scum. Especially since our veterans get special treatment at times. Especially around the holidays. Walking around in uniform is the way they get goodies and freebies. So some scum bags will take advantage of that and use it just to get things when they never even served.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?