Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Great clarification. I guess when you're "joking" about killing kids at a school, the method doesn't matter. Thanks for clarifying it.

You people are so utterly clueless, it's amazing.
    Yo, I'm just showing where you were wrong, after you made the assertion you were never wrong in this thread. You can get upset all you want. Maybe choose your words better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    virtue signalling makes me sick to my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    Wait his status as a veteran was the thing that mattered to people?
    Nothing really. It is not even the guys fault as far as i know. The media called him a vietnam veteran. I don't know is he said he was.

Wait his status as a veteran was the thing that mattered to people? Now I'm not pretending to know what went down, I've been busy watching my government maintain their world record for being shutdown (Guinness won't give us the record cause the English still keep things running). So time to dust off some of my patented weird logic.

A native america was once in the military, is no longer in the military, that would make them a veteran by the standard definition of veteran pertaining to an ex-member of the armed forces. Whether they served in a theatre of war doesn't come into play, as they served and there is no part of the definition that states that member has to have served on the front line of a battle.

Now the dishonourable discharge part, this is the part that matters as there is a federal law definition. So applies only to you US fellows, as I'm not bothering to check how many nations have a similar law on their books and won't really matter here. A “veteran” is a person who served in the active military, naval or air service, and was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonourable.

So while he's an ex member of a military, he does not have veteran status in regards to federal law.
    There's a picture of his alleged service record circulating. I don't recall anything about dishonourable. He was playing hokey a few times, but I suppose that alone is not enough reason to chuck someone out (details would matter, I imagine).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    You joined BHI and you still deny it. Cubby wubby still a lier.
    So now I've all of a sudden joined a group? Wow - what color is the world in your sky? (yes, that was on purpose)

Let's try something, see if you are as much of a liar as you've proven so far (still waiting for those links of my lies btw )):

I am fine admitting "the left" got this wrong, they jumped the gun without all the facts, and painted a white kid as racist without waiting to get the full picture. I can even admit that I might have jumped the gun (@Deadite) on condemning the kids because of their hats.

Does that mean that with all issues, we should drill down to the facts and get the full picture right before judging?

Wait his status as a veteran was the thing that mattered to people? Now I'm not pretending to know what went down, I've been busy watching my government maintain their world record for being shutdown (Guinness won't give us the record cause the English still keep things running). So time to dust off some of my patented weird logic.

A native america was once in the military, is no longer in the military, that would make them a veteran by the standard definition of veteran pertaining to an ex-member of the armed forces. Whether they served in a theatre of war doesn't come into play, as they served and there is no part of the definition that states that member has to have served on the front line of a battle.

Now the dishonourable discharge part, this is the part that matters as there is a federal law definition. So applies only to you US fellows, as I'm not bothering to check how many nations have a similar law on their books and won't really matter here. A “veteran” is a person who served in the active military, naval or air service, and was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonourable.

So while he's an ex member of a military, he does not have veteran status in regards to federal law. Though by the simple definition could call themselves a veteran, whether you find that ok or not is your choice, not here to tell you what to think. Just giving what I see, and the federal law definition exists cause if I recall the US do give benefits to Veterans. I'm not entirely sure if a reservist can apply, but that's neither here not there as dishonourable discharges tend to preclude the giving of benefits though there have been exceptions to that depending on the reason for said DD from what I'm reading.

However when it comes down to it, the veteran status is the least important part. He might see himself as a veteran (I can't read minds) by simple definition, federal law won't let him gain VA benefits so you can argue he can't be a veteran by that merit. What really matters is what actually happened involving this native american, maga hat person, and whoever else was involved. Like I said I haven't looked into this, so I'm not going to make an opinion on it. If I do look into it, I might, but frankly who cares, just words on the internet.
    Here's the deal, he lied about being Recon and he lied about saying he served in Vietnam. The media ran with the story of kids harassing a Vietnam vet which turns out is a lie. He lied about the kids walking up to him and surrounding him. Everything this guy has said has been a lie or a bastardization of the truth. This was the whole basis of the outrage of this video. So yes, it does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Nothing really. It is not even the guys fault as far as i know. The media called him a vietnam veteran. I don't know is he said he was.
    He said it in the CNN interview.

"And I’m a Vietnam veteran and I know that mentality of “There’s enough of us. We can do this.”"

"And it’s because I’m a veteran — I’m a Vietnam veteran"

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...consistencies/

Edit: Thought I clicked on the CNN one, but here it is anyway

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/na...iew/index.html
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2019-01-23 at 07:24 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Wasn't the guy ID'ing with the "valor" group - or was it the media that jumped on that?

So now I've all of a sudden joined a group? Wow - what color is the world in your sky? (yes, that was on purpose)

Let's try something, see if you are as much of a liar as you've proven so far (still waiting for those links of my lies btw )):

I am fine admitting "the left" got this wrong, they jumped the gun without all the facts, and painted a white kid as racist without waiting to get the full picture. I can even admit that I might have jumped the gun (@Deadite) on condemning the kids because of their hats.

Does that mean that with all issues, we should drill down to the facts and get the full picture right before judging?
    Hey looked folks when someone is shamed enough for their stupidity they can learn to be reasonable. There is hope for cubby wubby yet. Indeed Mr wubby it does mean that. Now spring you gotcha trap I'm waiting to see how you pin this all on me...i wonder if you will lie again and call me a Trump supporter...ooo I can't wait.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post

"And I’m a Vietnam veteran and I know that mentality of “There’s enough of us. We can do this.”"

Yeah, he's definitely saying "Vietnam veteran". He served at the time, but there isn't anything showing he was actually IN vietnam, just active duty at the time of the war. Would that count?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Hey looked folks when someone is shamed enough for their stupidity they can learn to be reasonable. There is hope for cubby wubby yet. Indeed Mr wubby it does mean that. Now spring you gotcha trap I'm waiting to see how you pin this all on me...i wonder if you will lie again and call me a Trump supporter...ooo I can't wait.
    And thanks from proving my overall point. I thought it would take longer, but you were really helpful there at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TStreets View Post
    Yo, I'm just showing where you were wrong, after you made the assertion you were never wrong in this thread. You can get upset all you want. Maybe choose your words better.
    You want to know the funny part, I could have sworn he actually said "shooting" in the post. I want back to double check that he'd edited the post. And good point.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    so a bunch of maga hat racists bullied a native american non-veteran. not sure how this makes much of a difference.
    A bunch of MAGA hat wearing teens were attacked by a bunch of racist bullies and then this guy comes up and beats his drum in their faces. This entire "Racist MAGA hat teens" narrative has been so thouroughly picked a part at this point that anyone trying to attack the kids are just evil, lying, sacks of human feces.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post

Edit: Thought I clicked on the CNN one, but here it is anyway

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/na...iew/index.html
    Ah. I wasn't sure if he had said he was.

Yeah, he's definitely saying "Vietnam veteran". He served at the time, but there isn't anything showing he was actually IN vietnam, just active duty at the time of the war. Would that count?
    Dunno really. If some one said they were a Vietnam Vet i would assume it was some one who fought in Vietnam. Seem like an odd thing to lie about. He must have known it would be easily verifiable.

You would be a "Vietnam era/times veteran" but not a veteran of the actual war. You would still be a veteran, but I don't know if you get official veteran status if you are dishonorably discharged.

You want to know the funny part, I could have sworn he actually said "shooting" in the post. I want back to double check that he'd edited the post. And good point.
    You have me quoted in all of your post, an edit on my part wouldn't change your quote. You misread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It's not stolen valor.

He is a military veteran that served during the Vietnam War... That makes him a Vietnam War Vet regardless if he had seen combat.

This story is a beast all on it's own at this point, what a disgrace.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why this is all that relevant, unless the argument is it's ok to be racist if the person you're being racist to lied about something?

By every legal definition, he is a Vietnam veteran.
    Well like i said i have no idea. I would have assumed you would have to actually participate in the war to be a veteran of said war. It does beg the question why a guy whose job it is to call out stolen valor people would say he isn't?

By every legal definition, he is a Vietnam veteran.
    He would be classified as a "Vietnam Era Veteran", it's a designation for anyone who served in the military during the time frame of the war. A Vietnam Veteran is anyone who fought in the war.

Midwestern rightwing christians with maga hats vs black israelites vs native americans with some spirit drum... basically nut jobs in all directions. Now can we please stop pretending that one of these groups is somehow better than the other. We all know that we would turn around and walk in the opposite direction if we saw someone we knew in one of them rather than acknowledging that this was a person we knew.... and then erase all traces of them from our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Midwestern rightwing christians with maga hats vs black israelites vs native americans with some spirit drum... basically nut jobs in all directions. Now can we please stop pretending that one of these groups is somehow better than the other. We all know that we would turn around and walk in the opposite direction if we saw someone we knew in one of them rather than acknowledging that this was a person we knew.... and then erase all traces of them from our lives.
    This. Quoted for truth.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I'm not sure why this is all that relevant, unless the argument is it's ok to be racist if the person you're being racist to lied about something?
    I do believe the point is that he lied and this is another case of him lying to reaffirm he is a lier, though I’m not quite sure why that old be nessicey.