Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

[Spoilers]: Rastakhan Cinematic

Anyone else notice how thin Rastakhan is? And how his hand is nothing but bone?

Looks like Bwomsandi’s power has a much more physical cost than first suspected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Anyone else notice how thin Rastakhan is? And how his hand is nothing but bone?

Looks like Bwomsandi’s power has a much more physical cost than first suspected.
    I think it has to do with him finally aging to his TRUE age. He's like 250 years old, and he only became THAT old because of the loa.

Absolutely love this one.
    You can just feel Talanji’s pain at her father’s death and rage as she commands to pursue the Alliance.
    Also Jaina is shown in a darker light, staring at Nathanos after her durty deed is done.
    Perfect!

Talanji has all the emotions and Nathanos is even more angry than usual when he looks at jaina. Amazing.

Gonk mentions that Rastakhan will now age super fast after Rezan has been killed, as he was the only Loa powerful enough to keep Bwonsamdi at bay.

Guess that happens once Bwonsamdi's bargain jumps over to his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Pretty much. I don't think Bwonsamdi purposefully kills or weakens Rastakhan, it's simply his age catching up with him at the moment of his death.

RIP Rastakhan, you deserved better than this.
    Vengeance for Rastakhan!

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Pretty much. I don't think Bwonsamdi purposefully kills or weakens Rastakhan, it's simply his age catching up with him at the moment of his death.

RIP Rastakhan, you deserved better than this.
    Considering their interaction during the raid, I'd say Bwonsamdi did let him die at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Considering their interaction during the raid, I'd say Bwonsamdi did let him die at the end
    Really? What makes you say that?

Jaina looks badass on that pyramid. I am sure that Daelin would be proud. It looks like poor Rastakhan messed with the wrong people. Better luck next time. Bye Rastakhan!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Really? What makes you say that?
    https://youtu.be/bhYNfiDweII?t=162

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Gonk mentions that Rastakhan will now age super fast after Rezan has been killed, as he was the only Loa powerful enough to keep Bwonsamdi at bay.

Guess that happens once Bwonsamdi's bargain jumps over to his daughter.
    That makes me wonder now, had Rezan not been killed in Atal'dazor, would the Alliance have been able to take on a fully-empowered Rastakhan backed up by Rezan? I'm sure game-wise yes, but lore-wise would they be able to?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Jaina looks badass on that pyramid. I am sure that Daelin would be proud. It looks like poor Rastakhan messed with the wrong people. Better luck next time. Bye Rastakhan!
    Yeah he sure could've used some of that plot armour Jaina has had for some decades. He got what he deserved for... uhm... what exactly was it he did to the Alliance again?

Right, nothing. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Ooooh... Well, fuck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    That makes me wonder now, had Rezan not been killed in Atal'dazor, would the Alliance have been able to take on a fully-empowered Rastakhan backed up by Rezan? I'm sure game-wise yes, but lore-wise would they be able to?
    Highly doubtful tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post
    Yeah he sure could've used some of that plot armour Jaina has had for some decades. He got what he deserved for... uhm... what exactly was it he did to the Alliance again?

Right, nothing. Thanks for reminding me.
    Alliance bias and hypocrisy from biased writers got in his way. RIP god king. We will avengce him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    It would have been harder, but it would have happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coo View Post
    I think it has to do with him finally aging to his TRUE age. He's like 250 years old, and he only became THAT old because of the loa.
    He didn’t really age though, he just decayed. The rest of his features remained the same and his body is still in tact during his funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    It would have been harder, but it would have happened.
    that makes me wonder if there if a hidden mythic only phase where rastakhan realizes he can't win with bwonsamdi and tries with all his might to call upon rezans power again. would be neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    He didn’t really age though, he just decayed. The rest of his features remained the same and his body is still in tact during his funeral.
    He decayed because he shouldn't have been that old.

And about his funeral, probably Blizzard not feeling a need to make a proper model for him, even thoug they could've just used King Dazars' model with Rastakhans armor.

Ah, we knew it'll happen but still sucks. Rastakhan was one amongst few who had a good run from start to finish.

Bwonsamdi awesome as always.

Also, have to say I'm really liking Nathanos too. Seeing him nearly trembling with anger when he spots Jaina was cool little detail.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2019-01-22 at 07:44 PM.