Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Against Overwhelming Odds definitely a success!

Alliance has outnumbered horde in BFA zones by 2:1 since Tuesday. Alliance PvP'ers heeded the call and Horde PvE'ers turned off WM (as intended) since it was no longer a very efficient risk-free bonus.

Even now as we speak, just prior to prime raid times (at release of new raid) AOO custom PvP groups are countless in number in Alliance LFG.

This was excellent!

Yeah, obviously the devs wanted more alliance participation. Shitty implementation though... it's just a band-aid fix.

And like true pvp'ers out for the thrill of the hunt and challenge of the kill they camp at FP or the turtle WQ's so you cant respond before you are dead.

I've really enjoyed world quests this week. Hardly any horde around, I've been able to easily complete my quests unhindered and still get the WM bonus. Pretty much what the horde has been able to do since bfa launched. It's only now I appreciate how easy the horde has had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Alliance has outnumbered horde in BFA zones by 2:1 since Tuesday.
    Will believe it if I see the bonus increased next week for horde, or at least the alliance one removed. That would indeed mean the ratio of participants switched around.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've killed more Horde this Week than the last few months combined. Though it has been hilarious seeing the absolute Horde tears about Alliance gangs going around, considering they did the same for years when Populations were unbalanced.

It's not a good solution, because Warmode is (sadly) intended to be around permanently - the ilvl400 bribe only works for a very limited number of weeks (or in this case: one week, because it will be 385 next week). I personally know some players in my guild switched on WM for the very first time in BFA to get that ilvl400 item. It was just too good to pass up on. None of them enjoyed it and all of them IMMEDIATELY switched WM off after getting done with the quest, which they described as one of the most unfun activities they had done in BFA so far (and we are talking about an expansion that also features island expeditions and warfronts to compete for that list, mind you...).

This will fix absolutely nothing.

The main reason is that hunting down solo-players with a group is simply not enjoyable for ANYBODY. It is not enjoyable if you are the hunter and actually looking for a fight...it is definetly not enjoyable for the victim of the hunting. Experienced players on the "hunted faction" (=Horde right now) will NOT team up to fight back. They will team up to get to a shard where there is no Alliance threatening them.

You can look back to the threads almost 2 years ago where many players voiced their concerns that warmode would end up EXACTLY like this. It really was easy to predict that it would devolve into this mess.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-01-27 at 02:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Alliance has outnumbered horde in BFA zones by 2:1 since Tuesday. Alliance PvP'ers heeded the call and Horde PvE'ers turned off WM (as intended) since it was no longer a very efficient risk-free bonus.

Even now as we speak, just prior to prime raid times (at release of new raid) AOO custom PvP groups are countless in number in Alliance LFG.

This was excellent!
    do you have any evidance of those numbers?
    cause ion literally said in his Q&A on tuesday that horde still had double the amont of people as alliance in warmode right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Going back to 385 next week though

Most of the Alliance with Warmode on are using it to for the 30% Xp bonus, ur not foolin anybody...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    cause ion literally said in his Q&A on tuesday that horde still had double the amont of people as alliance in warmode right now...
    Yeah maybe overall, but not region by region, Oceanic is pretty even but the WM % bonus is based on US imbalance. Right now it's not worth us being in WM when one faction has 1. even numbers and 2. 20% damage bonus

There is absolutely no evidence of what you said.

The level 400 gear award only effect level 120.

And don't forget the 0-120 bracket in war mode.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Pretty sure he said "the difference between horde and alliance has been halved". That doesn't mean Horde has double the alliance. The difference could be 2% (51-49), but now its 1% (50.5-49.5) for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    And like true pvp'ers out for the thrill of the hunt and challenge of the kill they camp at FP or the turtle WQ's so you cant respond before you are dead.
    I'm guessing karma came to bite Horde in the ass, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    I think the phrase horde always used was "get gud".
    or "zugg zugg" in Orcish
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I highly doubt alliance outnumbers horde, any source?

They said that the gap got smaller, which means it IS a success, though.

The problem lied (when Horde dominated) and still lies (current Alliance domination, with EXTRA profits than the Horde ever had) in the shard balance. Not the overall region balance (which dictates the bonuses).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I've really enjoyed world quests this week. Hardly any horde around, I've been able to easily complete my quests unhindered and still get the WM bonus. Pretty much what the horde has been able to do since bfa launched. It's only now I appreciate how easy the horde has had it.
    its slightly different because alliance is still receiving a 30% bonus, while horde has been with a 10% bonus since BFA launched.

Fake News.

Any source?

I like how only NOW it is a problem when the big boys from the horde got the taste of their own medicine

Ion said that the buff is looking to be down by 5, maybe 10% next week, but since that one random item is going down to 385, I imagine a lot of people will simply not bother, because 385 is what you get from m+6 (a literally no effort job), so the buff will get back to 30% the week after.