Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Post your credentials before your claim can be taken seriously.
    You've made that ridiculous claim, which is obviously wrong. "I've made a pvp raid" is not a source. Which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Tell that to my server. Had a massive Horde raid (40-50 players at least, from an off-realm raid group of various realms) camping the invasion submarines so that players couldn't complete the quests on war mode without server hopping for 4 straight hours and the Alliance couldn't push them out no matter what they did.

IMHO, little has changed. But, at the same time, a little has changed. So it's a minor step in the right direction. In reality, the most hardcore PvPers of the Alliance never quit to begin with, and fought through it. Some probably even enjoy the challenge. Personally, I like war mode but I am not a fan of players camping or even abusing mechanics (such as was occurring in the above situation; they could attack anyone entering the submarine and literally kick them out and prevent them from doing the invasion quest by standing in one specific area). But I always welcome an experience that makes my questing less tedious, more exciting, and adds a little danger to the world.

All of this said, I don't keep warmode on 24/7. There are plenty of times where I get tired of fighting other players and just want to relax. Another reason why I like warmode--it gives me that option. I'm fine with them providing incentives to get people to play on War mode, but it really is just a bandaid fix in the end. But it may very well be the only fix we can hope for... and it's better than nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they realise it perfecly

thats why they implemented it into game

to make milions of $$$$ from people char transfering to welfera p2w fraction.

its essentialy "buy char transfer - get free gear each week"

what is sad is that people on forums defend p2w while whining about a stupid shop mounts . its disgusting

- - - Updated - - -

you are delusional.

without 400 itlv gear 90% of people who turned WM ON allience willkeep it turned off.

- - - Updated - - -

same here - since launch of expansion i have not even once seen horde actively making raids to enter boralus or farm flight paths

but allience swill do and say anything to defend free gear they are getting.
    You think the masses will be paying to transfer? Your conspiracy theory has no real grounds to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    There shouldn’t be a reward bonus to the lesser faction. The under represented faction should just get a damage and health buff.
    No, that's bullshit as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I'm guessing karma came to bite Horde in the ass, then?
    Karma for what ? The fact that they actually tunr on warmode without absurd amount of spoon feeding ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Karma for what ? The fact that they actually tunr on warmode without absurd amount of spoon feeding ?
    No you see, it was Hordes fault that the system gave equal rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Have they now?, source?, whats the bonus % at ingame then?, should be 10%, but i get the feeling its still 30%, if theyre 2:1 now, and horde should be 30%.

1: It updates on Tuesday.

2: The number includes sub level 120 players in old zones, and most likely counts multiple alts (from a single account) as distinct players. It's quite possible that Horde outnumbers Alliance when old zones, non-max level characters and alts are taken into account.

3: Horde can't even breathe in new BFA zones on US shards this week.

The source is an Alliance WPvP event organizer (me), the source is all the alliance players raiding Dazar'alor in WM 2-3 times an hour in order to find any horde whatsoever, the source is all the horde tears of being camped in BFA zones.
    ------------------------------

I wouldn't be at all surprised next week if Alliance still has 30%, yet Alliance outnumbers Horde in BFA zones (the zones that matter) simply because of horde leveling alts in old zones. Wont be long before there's a train of threads asking how is it possible that Alliance has 30% and AOO WM quest when no horde can be found in BFA zones. lol
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2019-01-27 at 09:55 PM.

1: It updates on Tuesday.

2: The number includes sub level 120 players in old zones, and most likely counts multiple alts (from a single account) as distinct players. It's quite possible that Horde outnumbers Alliance when old zones, non-max level characters and alts are taken into account.

3: Horde can't even breathe in new BFA zones on US shards this week.

The source is an Alliance WPvP event organizer (me), the source is all the alliance players raiding Dazar'alor in WM 2-3 times an hour in order to find any horde whatsoever, the source is all the horde tears of being camped in BFA zones.
    So youre fully prepared to eat your words on tuesday if horde doesnt have 30%, right?, or are you biased

Let's see how this plays out in the long run. If I recall, they get a ilvl 400 peice this week, and after that, we may end up with BAU.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You've made that ridiculous claim, which is obviously wrong. "I've made a pvp raid" is not a source. Which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Until you present a collegiate degree in the Field of Logic or another degree demonstrating that you have professional experience in field of scientific research, then your claims about what does or does not qualify as a scientific argument are unsubstantiated.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I read OPs post and then I read rest of replies, it's like people did not read what he said. As for topic, I am on Horde side and I guess, it's good.
    IKR, it's really clear people are so emotional about this stuff and just making some weird, wild, and irrelevant claims. So many triggered people.

So youre fully prepared to eat your words on tuesday if horde doesnt have 30%, right?, or are you biased

Until the algorithm is made clear, we do not know.

As I've said several times, the current model might be counting horde alts multiple times (from one account) towards the WM bonus, which would lead to a strange twilight zone of Alliance having both 30% WM bonus and AOO while vastly outnumbering horde when Max-level (non-alt) characters are taken into account (since a horde player cannot log onto to multiple characters at once).

When Alliance is camping every FP and Dazar'alor 24/7 on all shards, and still have the 30% bonus, what will you say then?

I'm not saying this will happen, but it very well COULD happen if their algorithm is not tuned correctly to discount alts and non-max level characters.

------------------------------

Also, with all this being said, as someone who organizes a lot of Alliance WPvP events, I do no come across this "overwhelming horde" population disparity outside of the US Tich shards in BFA zones. It's always been easy to make an alliance group and find alliance players outside of the Tichondrius shard(s) and have a fair fight.

Now it's not that way at all, Alliance groups are a dime a dozen in LFG and the only way to find enough horde to kill to complete your AOO quest within an hour is to go straight to Dazar'alor. After several hours I only had 11 kills in Drustvar (Sargeras shard) while camping horde FP at Kazzlefrazz with a small group of THREE players, yes...three players.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2019-01-27 at 10:12 PM.

Until the algorithm is made clear, we do not know.

As I've said several times, the current model might be counting horde alts multiple times (from one account) towards the WM bonus, which would lead to a strange twilight zone of Alliance having both 30% WM bonus and AOO while vastly outnumbering horde when Max-level (non-alt) characters are taken into account (since a horde player cannot log onto to multiple characters at once).
    Blah blah, current model this that, alts woo woo

It works like this: the faction with the least amount of people with warmode on, will get the biggest buff.
    So if alliance truly outnumbers horde 2:1, then horde -will- get the bigger buff on tuesday.

But i guess that doesnt fit your agenda?, iirc ion stated it might go to 25% for alliance soon, which points to horde still massively outnumbering alliance with Warmode on.
    That same model will count alliance alts too, if it counts alts.

If horde gets a higher % on tuesday than alliance, then sure, ill eat my words, but i have a feeling you wont.

you are delusional.

without 400 itlv gear 90% of people who turned WM ON allience willkeep it turned off.
    I don't know whats delusional about that statement, it just simply is how the system supposedly works.

385 loot is still enough for Alliance to turn it on once and if you have it on once during the week then you count in the statistics of people "having WM on"
    Sadly I do think theres enough hordes having it on, or atleast checking whats going on, to deny them getting the advantage.

We get you're passionate about the topic but you don't need to spew your bullshit everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    I think it's really well implemented. Especially as an Ally player that has always played WM since launch and had to deal with groups of Horde pricks running around nuking everyone in 10v1 fights. Looks good on 'em.
    It's not well implemented at all, the intentions are definitely good which is to bring participation from both factions, but to blatantly reward one faction more than the other one is really stupid game design. I personally would've liked the rewards being removed overall, rather than a faction being rewarded more than the other.

Blah blah, current model this that, alts woo woo

It works like this: the faction with the least amount of people with warmode on, will get the biggest buff.
    So if alliance truly outnumbers horde 2:1, then horde -will- get the bigger buff on tuesday.

But i guess that doesnt fit your agenda?, iirc ion stated it might go to 25% for alliance soon, which points to horde still massively outnumbering alliance with Warmode on.
    That same model will count alliance alts too, if it counts alts.

If horde gets a higher % on tuesday than alliance, then sure, ill eat my words, but i have a feeling you wont.
    What agenda? Tell me what my agenda is. You seem to think this is a confrontation.

---------------------------------------

The system would count alts on both sides yes, but you obviously lack the depth of mind to realize what a problem that is. Let me show you:

Let us assume that X:Y is the ratio of MAX LEVEL Alliance characters to Horde characters with Warmode on,
    then let A:B be the ratio of ALL Alliance and Horde characters, including non-max level characters.

As the value X:Y decreases (first derivative), the rate of which X:Y decreases increases (second derivative, giving the population decline concavity).

In human words, the wider the gap in population, the quicker the losing side turns off WM, making the gap grow even faster, until it hits a floor of hardcore alliance PvP'ers that will not turn off WM. This causes a cascade where the rate of decrease of X:Y is an inverse polynomial function. Let Z = X/Y, then the equation Z = (1/t)^n + k models to rate of decrease for X:Y over time (t), with a floor (k).

This is now compounded by the fact that Alliance players will also disable WM for their alts. Let C = average number of alts played per account on a weekly basis. Since we do not have a number for C, we'll make that number equal to 2. So for every account with a max level main character, this player has an average of 2 alts they regularly. Now, let D = number of character being leveled. Let us assume that D = 1, such that for every account with a max level character, there is an average of 1 new character being leveled (even if very slowly) at least once per week.

Then if X:Y falls to 1:4, then A:B falls to 1: (4+C +D) = 1: 4+ 2+ 1 = 7, therefore as X:Y decreases, A:B decreases even FASTER at a linear rate.

So if the rate of decrease for X:Y adheres to the equation Z = (1/t)^n + K and A:B declines at speed that is linearly faster than Z, then we get (let W = A/B):

W = [(1/t)^n+ K]/t which is roughly (1/t)^(n+1) for small K and large t.

To make it even worse, as A:B decreases, bored horde players with no targets start to grief low level zones...causing even more Alliance players to turn off WM on their leveling alts! This even includes most of the hardcore alliance PvP players who are trying to level asap to do Max level PvP and before turning on their WM. This makes the number alliance alts of leveling (vs horde alts) yet again drop in polynomial FASTER than the rate of which A:B falls (which itself falls at a polynomial rate compared to X:Y).

So if E:F is the ratio of alliance leveling toons vs horde leveling toons, then:

E:F = (1/t)^ (n+m) + w, where m is greater than or equal to 2 and w is some FLOOR that is less than K.---------------------------------

--------------------------------------

So what does this all mean for the algorithm? It means A LOT. Just because of a lot of MAX level characters turned on WM for a 400 ilevel reward, doesn't mean they enabled WM on their leveling alts or other alts (they may not even care about their alts, maybe they were simply told to get 400 ilevel on their mains for raiding/arena or they'd be kicked from raiding/PvP guild).

The result is that AT ANY TIME the amount of ONLINE Alliance vs ONLINE horde in BFA zones might OVERWHELMINGLY favor alliance, even though the algorithm determining the bonus remains unchanged for several weeks due to horde alts being overcounted.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2019-01-27 at 10:53 PM.

The players themselves, myself included, are the source.

This is very easy to observe. Have a good day.

This thread is not claiming to have solved the Reimann Hypothesis or to have confirmed the existence of wormholes in deep intergalactic space.
    Sources still needed.

so the succes in your eyes is dragging people who have no interest in pvp into pvp and thus artificially making numbers higher for 1 reset

while Ions succes if forcing out people who want to pvp out of pvp mode because retards farm flightpaths 24/7

amazing implementation of PVP mode in game .

do you know whay pvp in wow is and always was utter shit ? because of this mentality of devs.

- - - Updated - - -

and nobody will care

nobody will complain that you play welfare faction

because without 400 itlv nobody will farm flightpaths

you will have all the chance in world to show your imba pvp skills in actual pvp

but be honest - you will just turn off WM - because real pvp is not what you want from game.
    Funny how opinions change when the other faction is just doing what was done to them. It's almost like horde can dish it out but they can't take it. World PvP was never about fairness. If you don't like it, turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who plays on a "full" status server, that shares shards with servers like Illidan, of all places. I have DEFINITELY noticed a difference in the number of horde who are running with WM on. I used to spend hours this week ganking and banging. Now? I have search entire zones to find a small party of horde to play games with hehehe. Yes, it worked..

It didn't work as intended, but it worked as it should. Horde spent months telling us about how WM was a choice, and be ready to pvp. Well, we made the choice.. and we came ready to pvp.. and they ran. 8 120's with a 400 piece. Thank you, Horde, for motivating us.

Now stop crying and man up.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

I remember these days when Horde dominated every single sever.