Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think I clearly stated how some games are intended to be a short 2 year-span endeavor, such as Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Borderlands - because these games all mostly single player and you can't reasonably expect this to last as long as pure multiplayer games like MMOs and latest looter shooters, which depend on longevity to pay.

Inquisition was a good game. not sure what you are so pained about. Andromeda was mired by ridiculous mishaps, but IMO it got more flack than it really deserved. Both games were massive undertakings with respectable budget, so I am not sure what you are on there. Inquisition was good and Andromeda was meh, but not really horrible.

I think people need to let go of that edge a tad. If thing is not an outright masterpiece it does not immediately make it terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

On this specifically.

BioWare's shady practice of not being able to pull out masterpiece with every game? What's so shady BioWare did to you I wonder? I think that's just drama for a sake of drama here.

I just don't get this - so they made a couple of not so stellar games, that does not immediately make them shady in my eyes - these things happen to every studio eventually, does not mean I need to make them my public enemy no.1
    At this point I can't really say if you serious or just joking, yea they make short games with low quality exactly my point.

Filled with DLC and Micro transactions.

BioWare ME3, which I love will all my heart btw, was a shit show where you were forced to pay and play that forced mobile shit to get enough reinforcement for the last mission, basically, if you don't pay you don't get to see de optimal end game.

I'm positive that you are trolling, not acknowledging those titles are filled with DLC and MT is just plain and simple ignoring evidence.

You may play the devil's advocate all you want but those companies are greedy as they get and they may once be respected but today this kind of crap won't stand with smart consumers.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Yes,that's true.People are not getting the real thing of gaming. Many people are saying that mobile gaming is better and they are comparing it with PC games.

The vast majority of what made those OG assaults hard was crowding felines with getting 40 or so individuals to appear and not be awful, the rest was simply cultivating mats for whatever crappy opposition outfit that attack required.

Easygoing gamer aren't the foe. Portable amusements aren't the fallen angel. He isn't simply endeavoring to make an elitist flex here, he's out and out wrong also.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    This is what has confused me about the points made in the video. According to him you had to be hardcore to raid in vanilla because it took a lot of effort just to get there. Now you can just buy a level 120 and jump into LFR the same day, where getting into MC took months of levelling and gearing. Therefore, by his reasoning most of vanilla's players were hardcore.

I kind of see his point, the casualisation of today's wow has blurred the lines between casual and hardcore. I always associate hardcore with time investment, seems I was wrong. Given the great dissatisfaction with bfa, maybe he has a legitimate argument.
    As I see it, you can be hardcore and not play the highest difficulty. The difference in what he said and modern wow is that now you don't have to spend 2-3 months leveling your character, and as you said this has blurred the lines, most people tehse days don't have the time to do a vanilla.

What most people don't see, or at least I want to think this way, is that yeah in vanilla you leveled a lot, in burning was also hard but no that hard and then in lich king was still time consuming but more accesible. Taking into account that wow won't get many new players and the mayority are the ones who have been playing since 4-14 years I think it's actually good that they cater to the ones who are bored with leveling after so many expansions, if you want a new class, it won't be as hard, or you will have a new 110 when you buy the expansion (or 100 or 90).

Hardcore raiders still got the challenging content, mythic is not easy. Hardcore PVP players still got the rating and the more they have the people will be better, and now M+ is infinite and requires teamwork, knowledge and skill. while the ones who don't want to invest into those have their own progression system. The time it takes a mythic guild to clear it, it's almost the same as a guild who clears normal and HC. and there are the guilds who clear HC fast and do like 4/8 M. I think the curve is great.

People think that most people can do a +10 like it's an HC dungeon, but actually, I'll take a risk and say that yes, a lot of people do +10 but only a few can do it like it's just a walk in the park.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sederath View Post
    Seriously, how do so many people enjoy idle games?
    I LOVE THEM, don't know what's wrong with me but I like to see my little ones grow stronguer the more I play and of course I manage them.

That's why I love some JRPG with the N+, I can't do this? yep, farm, get stronguer and try again, and I specially love to grind A LOT so when I try the next boss my grind pays off and I defeat it with ease.

I don't know, I'm weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    At this point I can't really say if you serious or just joking, yea they make short games with low quality exactly my point.

Filled with DLC and Micro transactions.

BioWare ME3, which I love will all my heart btw, was a shit show where you were forced to pay and play that forced mobile shit to get enough reinforcement for the last mission, basically, if you don't pay you don't get to see de optimal end game.

I'm positive that you are trolling, not acknowledging those titles are filled with DLC and MT is just plain and simple ignoring evidence.

You may play the devil's advocate all you want but those companies are greedy as they get and they may once be respected but today this kind of crap won't stand with smart consumers.
    U wot m8? I somehow managed to get all endings in ME3 without spending a dime. I did download the app though and fiddled with it a tad, did not kill me.

You are just being edgy for the sake of being edgy, get off your hyperbole roofies.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    U wot m8? I somehow managed to get all endings in ME3 without spending a dime. I did download the app though and fiddled with it a tad, did not kill me.

You are just being edgy for the sake of being edgy, get off your hyperbole roofies.
    And I had to make the same and it's not fun, it's stupid.

So let's settle with me being edgy and you being troll.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Blah blah blah... <snip>
    If you open up your chosen game and there are exclamation marks, questions marks, icons and whatever showing where and what to quest... your fucking game isn't "hard". You make the choice to make relatively easy content hard by rushing through it as quickly as possible. Ask your girl/boyfriend if that's the way she/he prefers your lovemaking? If you want a harder game (again, not hard, just harder)... play Everquest 1 or some of the challenging sandbox offerings.

If you want something challenging, get off your ass and join a rugby team. Yes I am trolling you, you gaming pussy. Lol.