View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    10+ Year Old Account
    this project is the living proof of why i trust fans more than the piece of shit ghoul who used to run blizzard, we pay for the game while many get payed from creating it
    we are willing to sacrifice for it while they are willing to sacrifice us just to get paycheck
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

3+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    this is the kind of stupid I get my laughs from. this understands my humour :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing Chronicles for the last few days, lots of fun, really well made.

The voice acting tends to range from really bad to pretty good which is super funny when an example of each are communicating with eachother.

gameplay is odd sometimes, occasionally I will wish, for just a second, they had just done a 1:1 of the original game. But I get over it quickly and I love Utok Scratcher. (plus some of the added stuff is cool, especially the added optional missions in the early game)

Can't wait for the Alliance campaign! Good Job triceron and co.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

3+ Year Old Account
    to those who can't play, this is THE scene in the CSW Horde Campaign (in my opinion):

timestamp embed doesn't work so... 23:08
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2024-01-10 at 08:49 PM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

It's pitiful that Blizzard left Reforged to rot and die instead of doing this themselves.

We are talking about WC3: Literally the main reason why WoW became the most popular MMORPG ever is because it was riding on the coattails of the Warcraft RTS trilogy, which were the best-selling videogames of the time.

Even with its flaws, Reforged could have been salvaged. It could have been a way to remake WC1 and WC2 like that custom campaign did, a way to have the definitive Warcraft RTS experience.

They squandered the opportunity completely, and it's tragic. Because, when you look at the facts, 2004-2010 WoW (which, coincidentally, is the most popular period of the game by far) was pretty much riding on the coattails of the RTS trilogy. Do not underestimate the massive importance that the RTS trilogy had for the franchise, because WoW wouldn't exist in the first place had WC1/WC2 not been so popular and successful for the time.

I look at that custom campaign and I just lament how much Blizzard squandered Reforged's potential.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's pitiful that Blizzard left Reforged to rot and die instead of doing this themselves.

We are talking about WC3: Literally the main reason why WoW became the most popular MMORPG ever is because it was riding on the coattails of the Warcraft RTS trilogy, which were the best-selling videogames of the time.

Even with its flaws, Reforged could have been salvaged. It could have been a way to remake WC1 and WC2 like that custom campaign did, a way to have the definitive Warcraft RTS experience.

They squandered the opportunity completely, and it's tragic. Because, when you look at the facts, 2004-2010 WoW (which, coincidentally, is the most popular period of the game by far) was pretty much riding on the coattails of the RTS trilogy. Do not underestimate the massive importance that the RTS trilogy had for the franchise, because WoW wouldn't exist in the first place had WC1/WC2 not been so popular and successful for the time.

I look at that custom campaign and I just lament how much Blizzard squandered Reforged's potential.
    with Kotick gone and Microsoft on the lead, maybe there's hope

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    not mine, the CSW Team is Tamplier, Shadi, Bagysta, Barorque, and @Triceron
    this is outdated and I keep forgetting about it; the CSW Team is Tamplier, Shadi, Bagysta, Barorque, Mr. Goblin/Vincent T, Kam/Arctict (former WC3 dev), Marthen, Sp00ky, Whirlwind, and Triceron

Hated it. Instead continuing the original Horde story with beloved characters. They thought to revamp it all and gave us the worst Orc leader ever Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Hated it. Instead continuing the original Horde story with beloved characters. They thought to revamp it all and gave us the worst Orc leader ever Thrall.
    This is pretty much complaining about why an orange wasn't made into orange juice. It's not supposed to be "progressed" - but remastering a good piece of warcraft campaign.

If you want a continuation of the story from wc2, play wc3...

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    This is pretty much complaining about why an orange wasn't made into orange juice. It's not supposed to be "progressed" - but remastering a good piece of warcraft campaign.

If you want a continuation of the story from wc2, play wc3...
    Did I stutter? I don't want Warcraft 3. HUmanizing the Orcs and allying them to worthless facitons like the Tauren and Darkspear instead of continiuing the partnerships with Amani and Ogres was the worst thing Blizzard ever did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Did I stutter? I don't want Warcraft 3. HUmanizing the Orcs and allying them to worthless facitons like the Tauren and Darkspear instead of continiuing the partnerships with Amani and Ogres was the worst thing Blizzard ever did.
    These complaints come straight from the old Blizzard forums in 2002. Man its like a time capsule :P

3+ Year Old Account
    For a whole one video:

I'm so tired of Blizzard just killing off their games simply because "tHey Are Not PrOfItAbLe EnOuGh!". They did that to SC2 in 2016 when they discontinued the mini-pack questlines they had planned and didn't even give WC:Reforged a chance, it was essentially aborted.

What happened to gambles and risks? Why these New gen. executives and producers are so afraid of treading the unknown? Old Gen. executives and producers were not like that. They were willing to take risks and try to revitalize an old market, even if they knew it would be an uphill battle.

Would SC2 or Reforged generate as much money as Diablo IV with its 100$ DLCs that nostalgic Millennials who grew up with D2 are going to instantly buy? No.

But that still doesn't mean that Blizzard should just let their RTS games die. Especially since WOW wouldn't even exist without the RTS games in the first place.

Hopefully all these new custom campaigns show Blizzard/Microsoft that the interest for the RTS is still there.

You'd think that the massive success of Classic in 2019 and Season of Discovery in 2023 would have taught Blizzard not to dismiss old-school games so quickly... apparently not.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'm so tired of Blizzard just killing off their games simply because "tHey Are Not PrOfItAbLe EnOuGh!". They did that to SC2 in 2016 when they discontinued the mini-pack questlines they had planned and didn't even give WC:Reforged a chance, it was essentially aborted.

What happened to gambles and risks? Why these New gen. executives and producers are so afraid of treading the unknown? Old Gen. executives and producers were not like that. They were willing to take risks and try to revitalize an old market, even if they knew it would be an uphill battle.

Would SC2 or Reforged generate as much money as Diablo IV with its 100$ DLCs that nostalgic Millennials who grew up with D2 are going to instantly buy? No.

But that still doesn't mean that Blizzard should just let their RTS games die. Especially since WOW wouldn't even exist without the RTS games in the first place.

Hopefully all these new custom campaigns show Blizzard/Microsoft that the interest for the RTS is still there.

You'd think that the massive success of Classic in 2019 and Season of Discovery in 2023 would have taught Blizzard not to dismiss old-school games so quickly... apparently not.
    I always hate the mentality of people believing a genre to be 'dead'. The genre is only dead when developers no longer make them its all to do wityh player demand, and there was never really any indication that the genre was dying. Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition sold really well, the crave is there.

Blizzard like Ubisoft or EA believe the money is in gamer retention the idea to keep making money through the playing of their games, so they can get money back themselves in investment. A game that sells 30 million of 300 million means nothing unless execs cannot keep making money after the sales investment has ended. the problem with RTS, is in if they cannot keep making money on transactions they won't make it. And to be honest as much as I would love blizzard to make a Warcraft 4 or even return to Reforged and fix their shit, its a monkey paw level of wish, as if they did you bet your bottom dollar they'll stuff it full of microtransactions, battle passes, shops, boosts, cosmetics, and not just one or two of them, ALL of them. Just look at Diablo 4. Like WHY THE FUCK DID DIABLO 4 NEED A BATTLE PASS??? I mean WE KNOW. But rhetorically speaking..

so yea. Your best best is to count of indie studios to produce these sort of games. Activision-Blizzard isn't that sort of compony anymore. Also the RTS team era of Blizzard are all gone now. So to recapture that with the current devs may be a bit of a loss, even though I am sure a lot of the dev team would love the opportunity..

The Genre definitely isn't dead. We just have to look elsewhere for our fix, like what Frostgiant is doing with Stormgate, or the C&C spiritual sequel Tempest Rising.

What companies need to realize is that these genres are always going to be niche. Activision was being run with a 'AAA profit' mentality, and that's what got in the way of players getting to see more of what they crave for.

It's always sad to know that Warcraft RTS may never see the light in the future, but at the very least we have passionate modders who step up to fill in some of those gaps. Perhaps, one day we'll get a solid mod for another RTS game that could become a well-loved spiritual sequel to Warcraft.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Perhaps, one day we'll get a solid mod for another RTS game that could become a well-loved spiritual sequel to Warcraft.
    Personally, I'd love a standalone sequel of Founders of the North or Northrend Bound with an editor that's Warcraft 3 but with modern functionalities like quickcast, vector targeting, unidirectional line of sight blocker, editable max unit selection, etc.

3+ Year Old Account

3+ Year Old Account

3+ Year Old Account

no high elves yet, they will be on Act 2

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    These complaints come straight from the old Blizzard forums in 2002. Man its like a time capsule :P
    So? Still valid.