View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post

Here they look better, and you have the 3 versions. I like that those random metal golems now look like dwarven golems xD
    but wheres the horny helmet?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Was stolen by random adventurers.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    The original was pretty much an animated knight armor and those are the iron golems from WoW which are dwarven constructs. How about that Thad... I mean Flesh Golem model, now that's sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakar View Post
    The original was pretty much an animated knight armor and those are the iron golems from WoW which are dwarven constructs. How about that Thad... I mean Flesh Golem model, now that's sick.
    I love that new flesh golem, it looks so much better than the weird thing we had in original WC3.

That being said, I still think it made absolutely no sense being in Dalaran, of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I love that new flesh golem, it looks so much better than the weird thing we had in original WC3.

That being said, I still think it made absolutely no sense being in Dalaran, of all places.
    They wanted to hint that Dalaran mages ad some shady experiments. That was bad idea as Kel'thuzad was the one to run such experiments. I think it could work if they added a line "They may have not found all my secret laboratories. We should make use of my old experiments." for Kel'thuzad in Dalaran mission.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They wanted to hint that Dalaran mages ad some shady experiments. That was bad idea as Kel'thuzad was the one to run such experiments. I think it could work if they added a line "They may have not found all my secret laboratories. We should make use of my old experiments." for Kel'thuzad in Dalaran mission.
    Agreed, but nothing we can do. Maybe they will fix that in WC3R

I wonder why there's a Volcanus model. I don't remember any Firelords in any of the campaigns, which is understandable, considering that the hero came later with a patch. Also, there's Marin Noggenfogger's model as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    I wonder why there's a Volcanus model. I don't remember any Firelords in any of the campaigns, which is understandable, considering that the hero came later with a patch. Also, there's Marin Noggenfogger's model as well.
    Volcanus is one of the names you can get for the Firelord.

5+ Year Old Account
    All heroes are getting alternate models... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    First night elf datamined!

- - - Updated - - -

Dark Portal... Who's ready to relieve that Blood Elf campaign?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

F to you night elf lovers

- - - Updated - - -

you need a barracks!

- - - Updated - - -

So you remember that suspicious bow user back when the night elf image was leaked on playwarcraft3?

It was in fact a dark ranger.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't recall nerubian females...?
    Broodmother

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I saw a bunch of talk about DLC earlier in the thread.

....?

DLC? This is WC3. Why the hell would you pay for a custom campaign when there will undoubtedly be someone making one for free.
    idk about anyone else but I dream in a year or so at Blizzcon 2020 they announce a new expansion called the Fall of Argus featuring playable Draenei and Demon armies

Strange they would make a model for a dragon that didn't make it into the WC3 originally.
    Tharifas was a green dragon who, based on the presence of custom game data there, originally was to appear in 3rd chapter of the Night Elf campaign of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. He/she was related with a quest involving a dragon roost and some dragon whelps. However, this quest was removed from the game before it was released. As a result, the Tharifas unit is only used within the map data for the Night Elf interlude "The Last Guardian", with two copies flying over the Orc/Human battle but never quite within the visible camera frame.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Strange they would make a model for a dragon that didn't make it into the WC3 originally.
    They are doing some heavy retconning in WC3R to put it in line with current WoW lore so it wouldn't surprise me if the dragon is added to the Night Elf campaign to deepen the ties between the green dragon flight and the druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

I would hazard a guess that they would have to model it anyways due to the fact that someone could have used its model for custom games, and all models are supposed to be remade so that all custom games run properly, 1:1.

That being said, this is quite a bit of work gone into designing and modelling a detailed dragon model for this particular unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakar View Post
    Volcanus is one of the names you can get for the Firelord.
    There is a specific model for Volcanus in particular, however.

Normal Firelord hero.

Firelord Volcanus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man, not much to add at the moment, but I do want to say it's really cool seeing them go back through all these old models and apply consistent art direction to them.

So many cool little details, like the Chaos Orc Blademaster model being a Blackrock Orc, so it's got armor consistent with the WoD orc clan style guide.

I have to say, I'm seriously impressed with the amount of effort that has gone into the models. They have given unique models to every single named character in the campaign. Not only that, they even made some for characters that weren't even in the original game (especially characters like Thalorien Dawnseeker). There are some exceptions, but for the most part I'm really enjoying the character models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Those chaos orcs look way more brown colored in game even tho they are so red in these shots.

- - - Updated - - -

There are 'Hero' versions of each Tavern hero. They probably just picked a name considering all but Ragnaros are that famous.

Tinker is Gazlowe, Brewmaster is Chen, etc.

Normal Firelord hero.

Firelord Volcanus.
    Maybe its me but I think normal, non-stylised skulls don't fit Warcraft.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I wasn't really that interested in playing this but seeing all these models kinda makes me want to buy it.