View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    True...but Blizzard had 2 years. Certainly the people making stuff in Unreal 4 that looks 1000x better, in a few days, could do this with 2 years.
    bUt iT wAsNt bLizZaRd QuAlItY...

Blizz become parody of itself. And J Allen Brack speech in blizzcon was PROVEN to be a fucking lie and nothing more than pathetic damage control.

And people still are preordering fucking shadowlands They honestly deserve it at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    bUt iT wAsNt bLizZaRd QuAlItY...

Blizz become parody of itself. And J Allen Brack speech in blizzcon was PROVEN to be a fucking lie and nothing more than pathetic damage control.

And people still are preordering fucking shadowlands They honestly deserve it at this point.
    Anyone who preorders a Blizzard game at this point deserves what they get. Shadowlands is going to be a shitshow. The last Blizzard product I preordered was Legion. And I enjoyed that expansion. I quit WOW in Oct 2017, not because (at the time) I was unhappy with Blizzard or the game, I just needed a break. And seeing reviews for BFA and people in beta, I decided to not come back because it looked awful. Then "don't you guys have phones" happened which caused me to boycott them entirely. The Blitzchung incident and the Reforged incident have just reinforced the boycott and ensured it is permanent.

when was a poll added

I want to have an option that says, enjoying the fuck out of it, but fix the fucking multiplayer bugs

0.5 score as of now.... imagine being worse than Day One: Garry's Incident.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad it's getting shit on. Not that it will do anything but it's nice to see.

I like 3D models, hate "avatars" and campaign screens (why no 3D models there like in original?). The whole game is so clunky I would think that Blizzard didn't do it, but it was 1 guy doing it in mom's basement for the last 4 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

My question is why did Blizzard decide to make Warcraft 3: Reforged? It wasn't something the fans were asking for a lot, there was no fuss about it, as it was with Classic, do they have something else in mind for the future? Will this be a test for something they planned to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    So, basically, I had to pirate WC3 to be able to continue work on my custom campaigns.

/slowclap Blizzard
    unless you had your custom campaigns and maps loaded in another directory, or backed up. when you downloaded WC3 reforged it wiped customs maps stored in your directory.

WC3-FT blizzard never established rights to maps, games, campaigns created by the world editor that came with the game, this editor also had some SC tuff in it too.

DOTA was started using it, as a WC3 fansite function and was allowed, once DOTA launched independent went under Valve blizzard sued, DOTA2 blizzard sued, mobile games using WC type editor blizzard sued, some settled out of court, imo overall blizzard lost and this continued with League of Legends (LoL) which claim it was inspired by WC, from what i understand they used editor in same fashion or copied like DOTA did

https://www.quora.com/How-did-Valve-...ey-made-Dota-2

blizzard did HOTS 11 years to late, so i see why they are doing what they are doing now with WC3 reforged in protecting everything. DOTA and LoL turned players into millionaires while HOTS broke players and blizzard.

i was a WC3-FT diehard, but blizz canned us into severe less than HOTS maintenance mode, they saw no reason to continue further on with it, DOTA and LoL proved them wrong...ironic there is a lol there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    How low can it go?!

They are actively stopping people from playing WC3 now. And I think you missed the point of the person you posted. It's using Brack's quote about classic WOW to make fun of the shitshow that is WC3 Reforged, and making MORE fun of Blizzard by saying they would charge money to get back what you already had.
    metacritic will probably do a review purge soon.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarkayan View Post
    My question is why did Blizzard decide to make Warcraft 3: Reforged? It wasn't something the fans were asking for a lot, there was no fuss about it, as it was with Classic, do they have something else in mind for the future? Will this be a test for something they planned to do?
    there were a number of posts asking for remasters of warcraft iii on the official wow forums from time to time.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I can't believe i caved in pre ordered this a year ago and being a fucking sucker.. I had such high hope for wc3... Fuck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    0.5 score as of now.... imagine being worse than Day One: Garry's Incident.
    day one gary's incident is a 0.4 though...
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

it was still a loose cannon left over game that anyone could make money using the editor from 2003 included WC3-FT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I've been pissed about Reforges lack of updated campaign since November, but this is just freaking hilarious. The fact that reforge is a lackluster remaster is one thing, but that people are taking Metacritic seriously when the score has been review bombed by people who just want to be popular is even funnier. Worst game in history? How old are these people, 2?
    nobody is actually taking the score itself seriously. it is more a form of protest against blizz's scummy actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    You got 18 years out of that game, and most companies wouldn't have support for as long as Blizzard had done. Blizzard had a choice either upgrade your old game or cut you off from battlenet making you back ally a way into playing with the other 6 people who were still playing a 20 year old RTS.

People crying over things like no p2p or heaven forbid an update to the modding policy so people can't break copy-right laws or worse is absurd.
    because heaven forbid i expect to be able to play my ORIGINAL PHYSICAL COPY I PAID MONEY FOR AS IT WAS ORIGINALLY SOLD TO ME. i didn't pay for this. i don't want this. i want my old game back. or i want my 60$ refunded by blizzard. those weren't the only choices stop with this white knighting bullshit. my expectation is to be able to play the game as was sold to me for as long as the operating system and physical cd allows. what blizzard is doing is scummy and one step removed from outright thievery.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-02-02 at 02:53 AM.

They have an entire department called "Classic games", which is essentially there to remaster / organize the old Blizzard games.
    They did the remaster for SC / Brood war, which seemingly received generally positive reviews, a Warcraft 3 remaster wasn't too bad in concept.

The B-net for Warcraft 3 is rather outdated in structure, the friendlist is outdated (you can't "autojoin" a friend in custom games), you can't reconnect after a dc and so forth.

A remaster made sense and Blizzard has shown with HotS that they can make a new game within the RTS style that looks modern but still has the Blizzard style.
    Whether you like HotS or not, in terms of design the game is solid, especially the Warcraft heroes look fairly decent overall.

But it seems like their budget was too low to keep the originally made promises, had the wrong people work on the project and their higher ups most likely gave them a thumbs down when they asked for more resources.
    Slightly related note on the artstyle:
    The Lead Artist for Reforged, Brian Sousa, left Blizzard in November 2019, so basically right before shit really hit the fan as far as Reforged is concerned.

Let's be clear on that, this entire thing wouldn't be nearly as big if Blizzard didn't have the idea to put the original game and the reforged one onto the same client.
    It made sense in theory, so people can easily switch between graphics and play with their friends if they prefer the old style, but that's the one promise they should have moved away from considering how this thing turned out.

Not out of greed, but to preserve the original game.

This game is complete garbage. Blizzard lost their way. From a company that cared about their products now giving 2 shits and care all about taking Money from us. I will never spend my earned hard money on blizzard ever again

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    unless you had your custom campaigns and maps loaded in another directory, or backed up. when you downloaded WC3 reforged it wiped customs maps stored in your directory.

WC3-FT blizzard never established rights to maps, games, campaigns created by the world editor that came with the game, this editor also had some SC tuff in it too.

DOTA was started using it, as a WC3 fansite function and was allowed, once DOTA launched independent went under Valve blizzard sued, DOTA2 blizzard sued, mobile games using WC type editor blizzard sued, some settled out of court, imo overall blizzard lost and this continued with League of Legends (LoL) which claim it was inspired by WC, from what i understand they used editor in same fashion or copied like DOTA did

https://www.quora.com/How-did-Valve-...ey-made-Dota-2

blizzard did HOTS 11 years to late, so i see why they are doing what they are doing now with WC3 reforged in protecting everything. DOTA and LoL turned players into millionaires while HOTS broke players and blizzard.

i was a WC3-FT diehard, but blizz canned us into severe less than HOTS maintenance mode, they saw no reason to continue further on with it, DOTA and LoL proved them wrong...ironic there is a lol there

I know all the story, been there since day one, thanks. And backup folders are a must, always.

The punch line here Blizzard's braindead move is forcing people AWAY from Battle.Net, either by going offline or simply pirate the old 1.27 client.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    You guys are helping my point. Blizzard should have just stuck to their initial plans for what they wanted Reforged to be (talks of redone cutscenes, making story changes to fit WoW) and keeping it a separate package.

In that Blizzard trying to appease both veteran players and attracting new ones has led to it feeling utter shit all around. This is why I suggested they should've just gone with their original vision and not put classic WC3 and Reforged as one.

The only people (and I count myself here) enjoying Reforged appear to be those who never played WC3 before and are in it for the Campaign. For the vast majority of players (veteran and new) Blizzard really dropped the ball. There's now disappointment that an old favorite isn't officially available anymore (OG WC3) and misleading advertisement of new features (Reforged story/cutscene changes).

- - - Updated - - -

They made him a weeb.
    No you don't get it. I wouldn't have cared changes on voices if it was for a reason. Actually I didn't even care much.
    I just noticed that they changed the voices but did not change the story.
    So it means that they didn't give a fuck about players wanting to keep old voices. And the french ones were particulary good I must say. The new grunt one for show is half assed. Like the guy didn't even try. And they also didn't give a fuck about working on the story.

So basically they did exactly the complete opposite of what they said.
    So that argument they used "we wanted to keep old voices to not displease the communauty" is just a simple lie.
    They just decided to not work much on it and put that on the communauty.

And no I won't pay 30 bucks for new textures. I do the campain basically once a year.
    What pisses people of is mostly blizzard doing less than what was promised ans advertised.
    And the arthas vs Illidan cinematic is horrible. We are far from a quality blizzard work.
    It's like they chose to fail. It's disapointing
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-02-02 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Of all the things, you really can't blame Reforged for retconing Grom's physique since that change has been made to his design in oficial art since at least 2010 https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Grom_Glowei.jpg and that's not even mentioning how Samwise Didier drw him also beefy AF win material for WarIII https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Enraged_Grom.jpg
    both describe him after he drunk the blood, which the game acknowledge he grew a lot more in size too btw, the glowing red (orange?) eye is reference to that
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

i cant even do the campaign properly. i get instant defeated before the mission even starts...sigh
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?