Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Degraded Alliance Enlistment Bonus

Appears to be a 15% bonus (as opposed to 30%) and no gear reward.

I'm guessing Alliance go back to turning off war mode this week and it will be back up to 30% + gear next week.

Do you agree? Think this will just yo-yo back and forth?

edit: talking about US servers, not sure about EU or elsewhere
    Last edited by Trend; 2019-01-29 at 05:46 PM.

If Blizzard had been smart they would have placed in actual World PvP zones to funnel and control this shit better.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It very well could happen but I doudt it. A lot of people don’t care about taking the system and I’d think you’d need a lot of horde going back into warmode to get the number differance high enough for the gear again.

Typical overcompensating on Blizzards part. They said last Thursday that it would drop to 25 percent, but I guess they got sick of all the complaints on the forums and dropped it to 15. While I agree the 400 ilevel gear was a bit much, nobody was faction changing for 30 percent, and I can look forward to being vastly outnumbered in warmode on the blue team again this week.

Regardless of all the petty fighting between the players, I think we can all agree that this system is trash and hopefully its gone or totally revamped in whatever comes after BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Typical overcompensating on Blizzards part. They said last Thursday that it would drop to 25 percent, but I guess they got sick of all the complaints on the forums and dropped it to 15. While I agree the 400 ilevel gear was a bit much, nobody was faction changing for 30 percent, and I can look forward to being vastly outnumbered in warmode on the blue team again this week.

Regardless of all the petty fighting between the players, I think we can all agree that this system is trash and hopefully its gone or totally revamped in whatever comes after BFA.
    Ya hopefully they also add in Peace Mode so we can team up and ignore the failure that is the after though of PvP in WoW.

Typical 400 ilevel I got mine, f* the rest of you situation.

i 100% agree alliance players will turn it off in protest horde will turn it back on as soon as they notice and 25% might be the next week i'll delay leveling my alliance till it goes back up again or heirlooms i think.
    a shame 30% is really good lol.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Unsubbed and requested a refund on my subscription fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hopefully it’s the same on the EU tomorrow. This system is a shitshow, I wish they’d go back to old PvE/PvP servers and offer free transfers for those that still want to kill each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If Blizzard had been smart they would have placed in actual World PvP zones to funnel and control this shit better.
    What? You mean like maybe assaults that encourage large groups of players in small areas?

Or maybe world quests where the opposing factions will compete for resources such as azerite power or even war resources?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    They should just flat out remove the bonus from everyone, that way only the people who enjoy PvP and want to PvP for PvP's sake will do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it sounds very game-able. Alliance could just turn off WM in mass and then get the 30% back next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferbution View Post
    Unsubbed and requested a refund on my subscription fee.
    That's pretty extreme

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They should just flat out remove the bonus from everyone, that way only the people who enjoy PvP and want to PvP for PvP's sake will do so.
    In fairness to Blizzard this doesn't work / isn't consistent with anything else in WoW or any other MMO I can think of. Everything is incentivized, else people don't do it. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think they incentivized world PvP in a way that is enjoyable and good for the game long-term, but going back to what clearly wasn't working isn't the answer that will bring happiness IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This reminds me of an idea that was floating around at the end of WoD, where Blizzard was going to put in Treasure Goblins that spawn and run around, needing to be killed on a timer.
    Imagine they put in a nice Timeless Isle-esk zone with spawning treasure gobbos, azerite veins to fight over and bigger rare spawn events, mining/herbing etc, with pvp as the norm.
    I'd personally love a place like this and I'm not a Warmode type player.

When they introduced Warmode and got rid of PvE and PvP servers, the whole reasoning for doing it was that when people can switch it on and off whenever they want to (like it was always the case on PvE servers) then they can go crazy with world PvP and do things they couldn't do otherwise.

Have they actually done anything they couldn't do with the whole PvP and PvE server setup? People on PvP servers know the whole point of a PvP server is to be always attackable, otherwise they would transfer away.

So the way I see it, all Warmode has done is put everyone on one "PvP server" where the population is always going to be in favour of the Horde, so they have to come up with things like this to get people to even participate.

Going back to PvE and PvP servers would just mean everybody is back to their old faction balance, where some servers are balanced, and some servers are more Horde and some are more Alliance. But everybody would be able to pick their server and you wouldn't need dumb bonuses and rewards to get people to do something they don't really enjoy in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    alliance will cry.
    literally happened 2 months ago

10+ Year Old Account
    So if you're Horde, you should continue to stay out of warmode until you get the 400 gear quest like Alliance did? LOL so glad I stopped playing months ago, what an abortion of an expansion.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank Gods. It was ridiculous on Ocean because they were everywhere and Horde nowhere so it meant you were hacked by groups every time and had a petty 10% buff to their 30% despite them outnumbering you on Oceanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    That's pretty extreme

i'll agree, but I just resubbed yesteday specifically to level alts with the bonus and get that 400 piece for them, so no rush now.

I'm not even upset about the warmode nerf, so much as I am about them thinking it's a good idea to remove the 400 piece after people have benefited from it rather than providing Horde equal opportunity.
    Last edited by Reeferbution; 2019-01-29 at 06:33 PM. Reason: forgot quote