Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They should just flat out remove the bonus from everyone, that way only the people who enjoy PvP and want to PvP for PvP's sake will do so.
    this, 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    No, Horde has changed it because Horde does NOT spawn camp places in raid groups for a fucking quest. They do Wpvp more organically in WQ's/etc. Today alone, I was doing the incursion of vol'dun, and alliance spawn camped people who would finish the incursion and spawn at a specific point with 20 ally's. I liked it a lot when there were big fights between horde/alliance for the bounties in BfA's first few months than the shit fiesta it is now. And no, I don't turn off pvp, cause destruction + cds + focused chaos = 2 shot even tanks, so if I have some hordes to keep allies busy, I can take down 10 enemies in 20 seconds seriously. Alone I can take 2-3 on.

So horde has turned it off because the 10% is not worth the amount of retarded griefing. Alliance had it turned off because the majority is afraid of pvp with hordes, leading to quite often an overwhelming opposition from Horde.
    Yeah, horde does it for kicks instead. So much more noble than doing it for an item.

Stop playing victim when Horde has done all expansion just as the Alliance has this past week.

Seriously this just incentivizes one side to turn it off en masse each week.

Who comes up with this shit, does anyone at blizzard even pause to think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance that quest is gone, all it made was alliance farm fp/wq places in a raid. Nothin PvP about that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    While you may be quite confident in your statement, you are quite incorrect.

Ion, in the interview said ilvl 400 was too high, at least for now. And on Twitter today they clearly say the gear rewarding quest is still in, it just won't pop unless the bonus is 20% or more. And, in fact, the quest was there for the first 30-45 minutes of the servers being up ... the reward for those who got it was an ilvl 385 piece.
    The game doesn't need more gear rewards, give resources or azurite.

Oh well I guess no good thing lasts forever.. Atleast ilvl 385 is still an upgrade for me since I mainswapped from my hunter to my still at the time 110 death knight a couple of weeks before Battle for Dazar'alor opened.

5+ Year Old Account
    Bonus XP for WM on is ok in my book, bonus gold/resources/whatever is not, least of all top notch gear. They could add some honour points and/or appropriate level PvP pieces for levelling with WM on, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I just wish they would change the requirement to go to Stormwind to toggle warmode. Go back to how it used to be where you could toggle PvP on the spot and be flagged for PvP while it's on, and when you turn it off you would be flagged for 5 or 10 mins, I forget which it was.

You can turn off warmode while being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    i 100% agree alliance players will turn it off in protest
    Horde was supposed to turn off wm "in protest" en masse when 8.1 hit and they got less bonus than alliance. Didn't happen. There are no "protests" rather tons of people who don't care about wpvp they were just lured to do it last week due to extremely lucrative reward. Which btw cannot be obtained by "camping in a raid group" as that was disabled week 2 of 8.1.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Turned off for my alts, keeping it on 100% on the main, honestly world is way more fun this way, plus free conquest from assaults.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    People who love pvp? Isn't that the ultimate answer? Enable pvp if you like pvp, and disable it if you don't.
    Sounds like the only people who would have PvP on are the people who want to grief. People already abuse war mode to escape any kind of fight they don't want to be in. The only reason people would have warmode on while leveling is to be on empty worlds at that point.

But I mean hey, I'm all for it. I want Blizzard to do this for a week or two so people can understand how bad of an idea this is.

As for endgame, the only reason people turn it on is because:

a. They want to PvP/grief players
    b. They want armor rewards.

The +10/15/30/watever% bonus is almost irrelevant except for experience boosts, and largely speaking if you level with war mode on, almost everyone you run across will be avoiding other players anyways.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    alliance will cry.
    literally happened 2 months ago
    Is this any different that horde players whining and moaning about it?
    I'm a crazy taco.

On topic, this doesn't surprise me. I don't know if they did this because they honestly feel numbers have stabilized (I don't, lol), but I don't think they are doing it because of Horde outcries. If they are, then Blizzard fully deserves the shit people are slinging at them at this point.

War Mode in and of itself is a good idea because it allows players to not be trapped into PvPing or not PvPing based off of server type, but people are not going to turn on PvP while leveing if they don't have to. What's the point? Who wants to be intentionally griefed while leveling? Frankly the bonus doesn't even necessarily make up for the risk to begin with, but it's at least something. It's not like players run across other leveling Horde players and fight them for fun. It's a flawed system that requires an incentive to actually level up with it turned on.

All of this said, degrading the bonus is primarily going to affect endgame. The people who were using it for leveling will largely continue to do so with a +15% bonus... or a +10% bonus. Because they are the type of people that think any kind of bonus is worth the trouble, really. And that's fine.

Guess we'll see how the Alliance actually reacts in a week or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    Is this any different that horde players whining and moaning about it?
    No, obviously Horde players are faultless and are always the victims. Just ask Sylvanas's fan club.

Not that all Horde players are this way, or all Alliance players are perfect (not even hardly, lol). I'm just saying, the whole situation is asinine but it's going to be the Alliance who actually have to deal with shit. It's far more reasonable to argue "I am being camped constantly as Alliance, war mode isn't worth it" versus "I'm jealous that the Alliance has shinier rewards than I do "

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    On topic, this doesn't surprise me. I don't know if they did this because they honestly feel numbers have stabilized (I don't, lol), but I don't think they are doing it because of Horde outcries. If they are, then Blizzard fully deserves the shit people are slinging at them at this point.

War Mode in and of itself is a good idea because it allows players to not be trapped into PvPing or not PvPing based off of server type, but people are not going to turn on PvP while leveing if they don't have to. What's the point? Who wants to be intentionally griefed while leveling? Frankly the bonus doesn't even necessarily make up for the risk to begin with, but it's at least something. It's not like players run across other leveling Horde players and fight them for fun. It's a flawed system that requires an incentive to actually level up with it turned on.

All of this said, degrading the bonus is primarily going to affect endgame. The people who were using it for leveling will largely continue to do so with a +15% bonus... or a +10% bonus. Because they are the type of people that think any kind of bonus is worth the trouble, really. And that's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

No, obviously Horde players are faultless and are always the victims. Just ask Sylvanas's fan club.

Not that all Horde players are this way, or all Alliance players are perfect (not even hardly, lol). I'm just saying, the whole situation is asinine but it's going to be the Alliance who actually have to deal with shit. It's far more reasonable to argue "I am being camped constantly as Alliance, war mode isn't worth it" versus "I'm jealous that the Alliance has shinier rewards than I do "
    again, it's more like "I have war mode on solely for the rewards and I don't want to fight horde so I'll complain" vs "they are rewarded heroic raid loot for camping flightpaths, that's horseshit"

But if we're bringing lollore into it, the war started when greymane chased sylvanas all over stormheim over a personal grudge.

I mean OBVIOUSLY alliance kids won't ever remember that but, you know, always victims

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Good riddance that quest is gone, all it made was alliance farm fp/wq places in a raid. Nothin PvP about that.
    You mean the quest that couldn't be completed in a raid? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Seriously this just incentivizes one side to turn it off en masse each week.

Who comes up with this shit, does anyone at blizzard even pause to think.
    they dont

this system is like cancer - they should just scrap all rewards from it

and about % bonus ? if they think their content sucks that much that people need those bonuses just nerf this shit by 30% baseline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    and how the f... do you think they will behave

you dont really need to be a sherlock to know that 100% of allience will turn it off hoping for 400 itlv loot to come back

shit system is shit

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferbution View Post
    Unsubbed and requested a refund on my subscription fee.
    I'm sorry your time has come to an end in regards to camping flight paths and turtle WQs, maybe in a few weeks when you get 20-30% back you'll be back to Call of Duty tactics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Why can't you noober blue bois just play on war mode for 15% bonus? Like seriously, your faction needs a 100% xp/rewards buff and 480 ilvl gear to stop chickening out.
    Because World PvP isn't fun, never really has been since they added a much more ideal form of PvP with BG's. I need to be bribed/payed well to do something that I don't like, and I guess we found out my price is peace of free phat loot, because I honestly don't give a dam about the %.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by siskokid21 View Post
    I'm sorry your time has come to an end in regards to camping flight paths and turtle WQs, maybe in a few weeks when you get 20-30% back you'll be back to Call of Duty tactics?
    Yup now it's back to the Horde doing it for 1-3 weeks, then back to Alliance. Funny enough I guess they did somewhat balance it, even if it's balanced around the lowest common denominator... lol

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord, the amount of butthurt over the War Mode bonuses in extreme even for this pathetic community.