Poll: Do you like Baine as a character?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gann Stonespire View Post
    Another Alliance poster insisting a racial leader who sets up his own soldiers to be killed and exiles the heroes who protected his capital from invasion is a great leader, LOL.
    sometimes they don't understand the Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    No.

But I get why he's like that. He's supposed to be the young idealistic guy who truly believes that both factions don't have to be at war every 5 minutes. And I get it.

But jesus christ, Baine is completely unrelatable and submissive. No matter how much you like peace, if there's something threatening your people, you ACT. He instead is so focused on pleasing the other faction that he acts against the Horde... And worse, against his own Tauren.

I don't want to be at war every 5 fucking minutes against the Alliance either. Specially not when there's a giant sword sticking out of my planet and it is dying. But no one should MUTILATE THEMSELVES and send the body pieces to the leader of the other faction to say "i'm sorry"
    Only to 10 minutes later participate in a war against said faction, do nothing about your leader starting another war, draggin MORE Tauren into said war, watching how said Tauren are left to die and be risen as mindless undead and still do NOTHING about it.

Baine is so hung up on peace and honor that when he is finally supposed to act. He doesn't.
    He acts like 6 months later but against his OWN FACTION because they were mean to the Alliance.

After he already participated in the war.

I don't hate Baine... But his flaws and constant submission to the Alliance make it a complete worthless character that I wouldn't mind see him join Ji Firepaw in the background of unused characters
    I guess this summarize my main issue.

I always give a leader at least one chance for Screw up. It can happen to anyone. I was willing to put a blind eye on Cataclysm stuff so long as t his phase will be over.

And sorry Baine isn't supposed to be THAT YOUNG. He appeared in Vanilla, even if he would be 5 years old by that time. He should be around 30 by now.
    Vol'Jin was ~ 17 when he became a chieftain of the Darkspear tribe, and he was far more reasonable than that.

I think the biggest issue I have with him that he is far more concerned over Alliance than he is over his own people, I'm not even saying Horde, but tauren at the very least she be the most important to him. And as Malw already pointed out - his peacepreaching and inactivenes is at times just idiotic.

The biggest insult was contacting with Alliance right after siege of Zuldazar. Nice backstabbing Talanji you just did Baine and that is second time in a very short period.
    I hope she will rip off those horns from your scull.Because there is difference in defying Warchief orders and collaborating with enemies.

At the very least he should've release Derek and leave it in neutral spot.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Another Alliance poster insisting a racial leader who sets up his own soldiers to be killed and exiles the heroes who protected his capital from invasion is a great leader, LOL.
    If you think that supporting Sylvanas isn't setting up your people to get killed then you better prepare for a wild ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    sometimes they don't understand the Horde
    A child could understand the current horde. Its really funny because I doubt most of the people in this thread with your viewpoint even understood Thrall's Horde.

And look, this Horde hating poster is one of the people who voted they liked Baine in this poll for Horde players.
    Yeah, because this isn't your personal blog. If you can't handle people having different opinion, there's the door ---->
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

i did it for his father not for him.

- - - Updated - - -

he is more interesting than Baine.
    Just imagining cairne on a killing rampage against the centaurs, barrens leveling would look quite different after warchief cairne eradicated the centaur and subjugated the quilboar and harpies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisiscw View Post
    A child could understand the current horde. Its really funny because I doubt most of the people in this thread with your viewpoint even understood Thrall's Horde.
    Thrall horde is the same horde as any other horde

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Just imagining cairne on a killing rampage against the centaurs, barrens leveling would look quite different after warchief cairne eradicated the centaur and subjugated the quilboar and harpies.
    before Cata i had an image of him being warchief.
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Thrall horde is the same horde as any other horde
    Thank you for demonstrating my point.

If you think that supporting Sylvanas isn't setting up your people to get killed then you better prepare for a wild ride.
    You don't jump from a sinking ship into a shark's open mouth(Baine in this scenario).
    Whats funny is all of your 10 posts are just you openly favoring the alliance, yet you voted on this poll for Horde voters and not Alliance voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Yeah, because this isn't your personal blog. If you can't handle people having different opinion, there's the door ---->
    By voting for Baine and whining about the Horde existing, you're only proving the point that its almost entirely Alliance players voting for Baine in a poll meant for Horde voters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for demonstrating my point.
    you are welcome
    person who doesn't understand the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    because having a discussion about "horde perspective" is something lady Alleria Windrunner doesn't understand.
    Last edited by steelballfc; 2019-02-04 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The definition of spinelessness and cowardice is NOT standing up for what you believe in and taking action.

That was Baine's issue up until the 8.1.5 war campaign, which wasn't an issue with the character itself but Blizzard's tendency to not focus more than one character at a time. Saurfang was the focus then, now it's Baine.

Dislike him because he's more peaceful, sure.

Calling him a coward and spineless at this point is just false though.
    Except he didn't stand up for anything. He went behind people's backs to undermine something and was only "courageous" because he was caught out. If they never traced it back to him, he'd never admit to doing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't jump from a sinking ship into a shark's open mouth(Baine in this scenario).
    you are overestimating baine

Whats funny is all of your 10 posts are just you openly favoring the alliance, yet you voted on this poll for Horde voters and not Alliance voters.

By voting for Baine and whining about the Horde existing, you're only proving the point that its almost entirely Alliance players voting for Baine in a poll meant for Horde voters.
    I really can't decide what amuses me more, that you felt compelled to read through my posts or that you still think I don't play Horde.

I really can't decide what amuses me more, that you felt compelled to read through my posts or that you still think I don't play Horde.
    You clearly play Alliance more and are convinced the Alliance is right in everything. Effectively you are the exact kind of person that shouldn't be voting here.

Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.
    Pretty much this.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

"People who don't agree with my choice shouldn't vote in the poll." I'm not sure you have a solid grasp on how polls work or what they are for.

"People who don't agree with my choice shouldn't vote in the poll." I'm not sure you have a solid grasp on how polls work or what they are for.
    No, its people who don't primarily play Horde shouldn't vote in the poll as the topic itself says.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I don't understand your point. Those two are one and the same.
    then you understand my point perfectly.

The problem is that you cant be horde and be a good guy. If baine is to be beloved by the horde then he needs to fucking BE horde, good writing would allow baine to exist in all his moral glory without conceding everything to the alliance and be able to stand up for himself. The bullshit about tauren pacifism needs to go, they have warriors, no pacifist culture has warrior as a profession.

We are 7 expansions deep and over a decade of the horde having an identity, it doesnt need another reimagining

No, its people who don't primarily play Horde shouldn't vote in the poll as the topic itself says.
    Now you're just making things up. The topic says answer from a Horde perspective which guess what I have because I play both factions. It doesn't say only respond if you have x hours played horde, or you're not allowed to respond if you don't have more characters on one side or the other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    then you understand my point perfectly.

The problem is that you cant be horde and be a good guy. If baine is to be beloved by the horde then he needs to fucking BE horde, good writing would allow baine to exist in all his moral glory without conceding everything to the alliance and be able to stand up for himself. The bullshit about tauren pacifism needs to go, they have warriors, no pacifist culture has warrior as a profession.

We are 7 expansions deep and over a decade of the horde having an identity, it doesnt need another reimagining
    and the tauren sided with Orc's and the Horde to fight the alliance willingly

Now you're just making things up. The topic says answer from a Horde perspective which guess what I have because I play both factions. It doesn't say only respond if you have x hours played horde, or you're not allowed to respond if you don't have more characters on one side or the other.
    I find it funny how so many of these responses from Horde players highlight why Baine has finally snapped. He is one of the best racial leaders in the game but he has had to put up with you people for so long now he just can't take it anymore.
    Its clear you aren't a Horde player at all, you don't even group yourself with them unless you're trying to make excuses for why you're kvetching in a topic meant for Horde players.