Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

MMO-Champion Mobile Layout

The site finally seems to have it, a website layout for mobile devices. After all these years..

Not worth posting this as a news update? Even as a tiny, tiny one?

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    The site finally seems to have it, a website layout for mobile devices. After all these years..

Not worth posting this as a news update? Even as a tiny, tiny one?
    Agree.

Just noticed it, spacing is all weird in the forums. Main page is good though.

Not a fan of it personally, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get old layout back, at least on iPhone safari. Requesting desktop site doesn't do anything.

Uhhhh I'm not a huge fan of the layout. I think the avatar should be next to the name. They're too far apart right now.

It also feels so flat, it's not easy to see who it is that posted the message.

So, it's just the same buy layed out vertically.

'Aight.

I'm not usually one to offer advice, but normally, mobile websites are simplified views with a brand new design. Not just like, a mushed version of the main website.

See Games-Workshop's website as an example. Things are hidden in menus to clear out screen space.

Please revert this, it looks horribly awkward, there wasn't anything huge wrong with using the desktop site on mobile devices before.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Not a fan of it personally, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get old layout back, at least on iPhone safari. Requesting desktop site doesn't do anything.
    Doesn’t work for me either, not gonna be able to look at this site until that’s fixed. People’s name and info takes up more space than the actual post, why in the world would anyone think that’s a good idea?

I thought it was a bug until refreshing it didn't fix my screen having gone all wonky.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I really really dislike this new interface and I’m not seeing a button to set it back to the desktop version.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Please revert this, it looks horribly awkward, there wasn't anything huge wrong with using the desktop site on mobile devices before.
    Indeed, after Chrome's automatic adjustments, the site and esp. forum threads were already readable well. This new layout has way too much negative space to be useful on a small screen.

Oh, and I just got a "leave and discard changes" warning when replying inline, that's not good...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Oh, guess they finally let the mobile layout go out to all the non-premium guys?

Not sure with all the complaints though, I think it's pretty great without too much wasted space

This is dogshit. Please reverterino.

Absolutely horrible. It isn't really a purposely designed mobile interface, it just smushes desktop site into an unreadable mess on mobile.

Please add an option to permanently toggle it off so I don't need to force desktop site in every new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Absolutely horrible. It isn't really a purposely designed mobile interface, it just smushes desktop site into an unreadable mess on mobile.

Please add an option to permanently toggle it off so I don't need to force desktop site in every new thread.
    Can you take a screen shot? Doesnt sound like the mobile interface I get

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is dogshit. Please reverterino.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Do you have anything specific that you don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    Doesn’t work for me either, not gonna be able to look at this site until that’s fixed. People’s name and info takes up more space than the actual post, why in the world would anyone think that’s a good idea?
    Info should be fairly small compared to posts, does it not look like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Uhhhh I'm not a huge fan of the layout. I think the avatar should be next to the name. They're too far apart right now.

It also feels so flat, it's not easy to see who it is that posted the message.
    I can potentially move the avatar, but generally this is how forums on mobile are laid out. Name / avatar above the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Indeed, after Chrome's automatic adjustments, the site and esp. forum threads were already readable well. This new layout has way too much negative space to be useful on a small screen.

Oh, and I just got a "leave and discard changes" warning when replying inline, that's not good...
    What browser gave you that warning?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Do you have anything specific that you don't like?
    Mainly the fact that it was fine before. The mobile optimization doesn't improve the experience in any discernible way. I'm more likely to just avoid browsing the site on my phone then deal with it. As a frequent poop poster, this saddens me deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    What browser gave you that warning?
    Chrome for Android. Used "Reply With Quote" and typed my reply, hit Post, and looked away for a moment. When I looked back, I saw the warning, canceled it without thinking. Reply frame was still open, so I hit Post, got and confirmed the warning, and kinda expected to have double-posted, didn't though.

Will check whether it happens again now...

Nope, this time it was fine. Probably one of those one-time cases, some other field thought it was edited or such.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-02-01 at 11:13 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Not a fan really. Things seem to be all over the place now.

I think one of the issues is having the avatar on the right, it feels so weird when we are used to the desktop layout. Maybe move avatar to the left and have nickname next to it (to the right) and title below the nickname?

It also feels like posts take too much space somehow, maybe they could still be condensed a bit? Add the functions after each post to a single row?

Using Android Chrome in portrait mode. It's probably a bit better in landscape mode..

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Mainly the fact that it was fine before. The mobile optimization doesn't improve the experience in any discernible way. I'm more likely to just avoid browsing the site on my phone then deal with it. As a frequent poop poster, this saddens me deeply.
    This. It feels crowded and messy, and doesn't fix anything. The normal desktop look already adhered well enough to mobile portrait resolutions.

Not to mention that the latest replies panel is full shitshow.