Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Once i have the time today, I'll sit down and do a bit of photoshop work on things that could be improved. I do UI design as part of my job, and this just gnaws me to the bone.

After having a look on mobile, I would definitely either remove signatures or hide images from signatures, or worst case have them on hide/show. Without having to change my general settings.
    A lot of them take more space than the post itself, plus saves mobile data.

Quote Originally Posted by Susasusa View Post
    After having a look on mobile, I would definitely either remove signatures or hide images from signatures, or worst case have them on hide/show. Without having to change my general settings.
    Small line at bottom: tap post to toggle signature.
    (if post has a signature)

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Info should be fairly small compared to posts, does it not look like this?
    Nah it doesn’t look like that at all, seeing that I’m not sure I’m getting the mobile version at all, it’s just a smushed version of the desktop view. In portrait mode it looks horrid, but in landscape it looks normal. Clearly what I’m seeing isn’t what’s intended, but either way, I just want the option to view the desktop layout as default. Safari on iPad Pro btw.

How does one revert this

@chaud

Here's a rough draft of the main menu, how I think it should be.

From

To

Generally you have to make some sacrifices to make Mobile layouts work.

I'll work on the actual posts next, those are the biggest offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Here's a rough draft of the main menu, how I think it should be.
    Thank you! Great ideas. I wonder why designers dislike tabbed content so much, especially in this case it's so helpful.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Could someone point out where this show desktop button is since I cant find it. Couldn't that be an option in the settings menu to always use the desktop version?

Chaud can we at least get a button somewhere to set it back to the old interface? I appreciate the work you guys are doing for this, but I really was fine with the old interface.

Titan
    It's worse than before

Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

Edit #2!

The biggest thing is remove signatures and avatars. Seriously. They take up too much space.

From

To

Get rid of the extra "Reply and put the commands on one line.

The thread titles are awkward as fuck where they are.

Shrink the amount of tree we see for the forum.

I'll be returning the site to non-responsive sometime next week, I wanted to collect feedback on this version, and rolling it out to everyone was the easiest way.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Warchief
    At first i didn't like it, but now i am getting used to it and enjoying more than the previous layout.

But still, it looks a bit messy.

Someone broke this website!

Fix it plox

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I thought it was a bug until refreshing it didn't fix my screen having gone all wonky.
    This every much this. It's alright now that I am used it a little.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Bloodsail Admiral Art the Clown's Avatar
    I like it. Could do with some tweaks but overall it's a better view on mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bindanda View Post
    Could someone point out where this show desktop button is since I cant find it. Couldn't that be an option in the settings menu to always use the desktop version?
    Click the 3 dots in the top right of your screen and tick "Request Desktop Site".
    Last edited by Art the Clown; 2019-02-02 at 08:12 AM.

Reply buttons, all over the place.
    It all feels very cluttered.

When developing for mobile, you need less content. Hide things behind burger menues. Slim down stuff. Less info is better for mobile.

The page tree must go away. Quick navigation should be enough.

Site looks much better on tablet, but smartphone is dead right now. Tell your QA to check lower " screens, too.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2019-02-02 at 10:36 AM.

I agree that the avatars and signatures take up too much space. The two lines for "reply", "reply with quote" and "report post" are also spread out over two lines, which eats a ton of space.

On my Kindle (tablet), I'm lucky to see three posts on the full screen, and even then the content of the post is disproportionate compared to the rest of the page (avatars, signatures, reply buttons).

I think you should disable signatures for mobile, and try to get the reply/quote/report button on one line and we'll see how that works.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when looking at /forums, if you could remove the thread and post count, that'd be great. It's useless info in a mobile view. (It probably saves money if you don't sent that data from the server to the client on every request anyway.)

Much better than the desktop version. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post

Click the 3 dots in the top right of your screen and tick "Request Desktop Site".

thank you so much