Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    And that is why adding a bunch of garbage "smart AI" should be fought against as well. Because if they put that in, everyone will use it. And pretty soon its a single player game. And then people will say the game sucks and start begging for Blizzard to save them from themselves. We know this because we've been there, it sucks, and let's not do it again.
    Everyone will use bots in instanced content, even though the game will not allow it? Solid logic.

at least AI isnt toxic. and maybe not that stupid as some players,

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The idea of having to play BGs vs AI in random mode is not at all bad. Lets face the reality here: Random BGs alliance loses 9 out of 10 and Horde has massive queue times before they can join. This has been a reality for the past decade or so.

AI in dungeons. Wouldn't you love to join faster in the middle of the night when there is a clear shortage of tanks/healers?

I am not sure what followers will bring us in 8.2 but the way the game went up until now they had better make them do something useful for a change.

I would say that its far fetched to call it end of days for wow if they add AI. It can definitely bring some QoL changes in the game and short some problems that cant be otherwise solved mid expansion.

In the very long run rest assured that before we get further AI and solo dungeons they will have made wow one giant server first and then some.

For now we only have a few connected realms and many many servers that are sharded. Before even going to solo dungeons as you said we will go through more server mergers, connected guilds and other stuff that will forever prolong the game's longevity.

Safe to say wow has at least another 10-20 gears worth. Its just the BfA pessimism kicking in right now but we will get over it.
    not nesesarily . you are assuming that their goal is players playing with players.

but what we see in game nowadays is that

1)huge chunk of player hate the concept of having to group up up with other because of toxicity
    2)huge chunk hates other because "they suck at game" and they cant faceroll hardmodes without actual good people carrying them - thus raider.io.

AI would fix this imidiately .

i may be wrong but i think if AI in bgs will be succes then 9,0 main selling point will be AI in dungeons making them instant ques.

that would be the most logical step buisness wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    at least AI isnt toxic. and maybe not that stupid as some players,
    this 10000% .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-02-02 at 01:25 PM.

People don't talk anymore anyway so I don't think I will notice any difference when they get replaced by bots.

i would add 1 more thing - having matches vs ai and ai in dungeons allows also for new kind of "difficulty sliders" - this opens doors for for example "easy " bgs and "hard bgs" - want to just instnly que and have fun destroying everything ? just pick up "easy " ai mode want "hard " bgs ? pick up "mythic bgs " mode . want pure pvp with players ? pick up "pvp mode" for bgs.

just like island expeditions.

exackly like island expeditions

hell why i didnt think about it before now.

you have this already there right in front of our eyes in game.

whole layout for remodeling and renovation of bgs (since those who really want to do pvp are not touching them only play arenas"

"the future is now old man "

i bet diamonds against nuts thats how they will announce it during blizzcon or whenver they announce AI in bgs.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-02-02 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    None of this indicates that AI is taking over primary game functions.
    I hope that someday the AI will take over the forums. (SCNR)

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's life actually. Lots of people live in big cities and know just a few people. That's not unusual at all and I can't imagine why anyone would think it would be. Personally, I'm all for adding AI wherever they can. As long as I can form a group with a couple of my friends and have a couple of followers to pad out the party to run a normal dungeon or even a normal version of a raid instance that would be great.
    So what you want is a MMO game filled with AI players that you can play with your 3 friends sometimes. Sorry I don't call this a MMO, at most a 4-player coop game.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The real question is why did you feel the need to flame me for my opinion instead of posting your own

[Edit]: I felt the need to add a few "realities" of wow that don't need "statistical evidence" to be confirmed as long as you ever bothered to play the game:

Alliance loses most (9/10) random BGs: Fact
    Horde has longer queues for random BGs: Fact
    Tanks and healers are hard to find esp at off peak hours: Fact
    Game would benefit from advanced AI replacing crucial player roles: Fact
    WoW is not dying in the foreseeable future: Fact

So lets face the reality of these facts and take the conversation forward instead of circle jerking.
    Yeah, totally

I won't bother giving my opinion to someone who can't even bother to differentiate facts with literal opinions and perceptions.
    Last edited by Razzako; 2019-02-02 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    As long as their pet AI sucks balls, this will never be a thing.
    pretty much this, along with the massive failure that was the automated report bot rather then actual gamemaster report review.

I would love if they remade the Faction Champions fight from Trial of the Crusader with the new AI. That would be hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    So what you want is a MMO game filled with AI players that you can play with your 3 friends sometimes. Sorry I don't call this a MMO, at most a 4-player coop game.
    MMO = Massive / Multi-Player / Online

You don't get your own definition of MMO.

If more people want to group together or play without AI that's up to them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

5+ Year Old Account
    Super followers are coming in 8.2.
    What are these super followers going to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of systems are now getting automated via player vs AI mechanics.

1. A new version of a battleground where you fight as a team of players vs an AI team is coming.
    2. Followers are supposed to become super important in 8.2 per Taliesin's newest video.

I expect as the playerbase shrinks to nothing, they will add AI tanks, AI healers, and AI DPS to dungeon parties and raids to fill the gaps and keep the queues popping. We might end up with effectively solo dungeons, with 1 actual player and 4 AI. That will be the final version of WoW at its sunset, with very few players but technically you can run anything because AI will be there to make a full and complete instance. Maybe they will even add AI to the auction house so mats and stuff are available to buy.

The game will play itself.
    When I heard this I was like... oh great, so I'm an adventurer WITH A COMPANION NOW... like In Swtor. Thanks but I'd rather relly on myself than some silly AI, I mean a companion alone reduces your Importance and growth I feel. In Star Wars: The Old Republic, you're a Darth. Death made flesh, spreading death and disease throuout the galaxy... but you're weak against multiple mobs least you have a companion. That's always been this downside to the Companion system In that game and other games that use It, unless you're playing a Singleplayer Game of course like KOTOR, that system thrives there but It really doesn't In an MMO.

And also to me the whole AI Into Battlegrounds being added screams "We don't have enough players, lets replace em with AI before they notice there's not too many players"
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool

It's good to have options. Can you imagine it? Mythic Dungeons where you can go solo with a team of NPCs OR find more players? It would be awesome, because solo-players would be happy, and group-oriented folks would only group between eachother instead. Everyone would be with their flock.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    MMO = Massive / Multi-Player / Online

You don't get your own definition of MMO.

If more people want to group together or play without AI that's up to them.
    Massively multi-human-player to me

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of systems are now getting automated via player vs AI mechanics.
    It's called PvE content, take off the tinfoil hat before you head implodes. You pointing out a puddle in the middle of the ocean.

I would rather they used AI to moderate player behavior: By having it read all player chat and flagging exceedingly toxic players so they're shadowbanned, but having the AI let them bypass the shadowban in a manner that keeps them from ever realizing they're cut off from the rest of the playerbase.

Or just having it outright keep toxic chat from reaching other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Cool

It's good to have options. Can you imagine it? Mythic Dungeons where you can go solo with a team of NPCs OR find more players? It would be awesome, because solo-players would be happy, and group-oriented folks would only group between eachother instead. Everyone would be with their flock.
    Or just have it pick up when someone leaves and no one will know. Leavers will no longer have the satisfaction of punishing team mates (bullies will no longer have any power over decent people). Dungeons won't fall apart because your child wakes up early. Interesting boss fights that will be more organic and less scripted.

I can see a lot of applications besides "omg world of solocraft" bullcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    When I heard this I was like... oh great, so I'm an adventurer WITH A COMPANION NOW... like In Swtor. Thanks but I'd rather relly on myself than some silly AI, I mean a companion alone reduces your Importance and growth I feel. In Star Wars: The Old Republic, you're a Darth. Death made flesh, spreading death and disease throuout the galaxy... but you're weak against multiple mobs least you have a companion. That's always been this downside to the Companion system In that game and other games that use It, unless you're playing a Singleplayer Game of course like KOTOR, that system thrives there but It really doesn't In an MMO.

And also to me the whole AI Into Battlegrounds being added screams "We don't have enough players, lets replace em with AI before they notice there's not too many players"
    but they dont have enough players - mainly because allience refuses to participare in bgs - there is a reason why horde has 10+ minutes ques while for alllience its instant. and nothing will fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Cool

There are TONS of ARPGs out there that are well-coded with interesting systems that allow you to play totally and completely by yourself. I highly recommend Torchlight 2. You can play by yourself and explore a massive world and play various classes that have depth and there is even a solo endgame of maps to enjoy.

For those of us who want multiplayer, we have MMOs.

People who enjoy MMOs shouldn't login to solo game forums and demand that all solo games have a multiplayer option. People who enjoy solo games shouldn't login to MMO game forums and demand a solo option. Just let people play what they want without diluting it. Ok?

I get this impression that people who enjoy solo games want their own games exclusively dedicated to solo AND then they want to invade games designed for multiplayer fans and enforce solo on them as well, and if the multiplayer fans don't like that, well tough they need to take a backseat.

Get out of here.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    3???
    since when were bgs 3 players?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content