Dance of Death Crit Build

Since the changes, my sim and and stat weights have changed a lot. I am getting better results with dance of death traits and crit and haste are by far my best stats, even crow's best score has passed incendiary ammo. Anyone else find the same?

This just happened for me too. I got the Mistfire Raiments off the Jadefire Masters which has Dance of Death + Treacherous Covenant, and it was a decent upgrade over my previous chest. Using it caused crit to jump up to become my best secondary stat by a decent margin and both Crows Nest Scope and Deadly Navigation overtook Incendiary Ammunition in single target.

My guess is that Dance of Death causes you to scale slightly better from crit and haste seeing as it significantly buffs Barbed Shot and both crit/haste increase the number of times you cast Barbed Shot. In fact the uptime on the Dance of Death buff should scale quadratically with crit since not only does crit cause you to cast Barbed Shot more often (from more Wild Call procs), but it also increases the proc chance on Dance of Death. The One with the Pack talent also increases how often you can cast Barbed Shot (thereby also increasing the effectiveness of Dance of Death), but when I checked, it was still worse than Chimaera Shot.

However, quadratic scaling doesn't automatically make Dance of Death a good trait. For one, it already scaled quadratically with crit even before the recent buff, but also, it was pretty bad to begin with, so I would imagine it'd still be quite bad compared to the top traits even after the buff. I'm only using it now because the chest piece was a 30 ilvl upgrade and the other option was Serrated Jaws (which sucks even more than Dance of Death, especially in AoE) and the chest came with Treacherous Covenant which is a good trait.

I would also add that a large part of why Incendiary Ammunition is falling behind now is because it doesn't scale with attack power, while the secondary stats do become more effective as attack power increases. It was inevitable that Incendiary Ammunition was eventually going to fall behind as our gear got better, whether we were using Dance of Death or not.

Dance of Death causes crit to become your best stat, especially if you have more than 1 of it. I had 2 before i switched to MM and my statweight changed from mastery > haste to crit > haste.

During aspect of the wild with the 10% crit it gives i could almost maintain full uptime with Dance of Death 2k agility and that is huge.

And always follow your sim.

yea thats a new trend right now but it depends on your stat weights so it wont work for everyone straight away specially if ur crit is low