Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Paralyze works exactly the same as Imprison.
    simply not true. the infight thing is still a thing for skips, do you even play m+?

Ring of Peace is useful in every dungeon and definitely not niche.
    correct rop is very usefull nobody said otherwise. using it effectively as a group is still niche. you need 4 other players who understand what it does how it should be used and most of all a good tank who will use it correctly which leaves a small window of groups who can effectively use this. that kind of the definition of niche?

Our toolkit is better than what most classes have and we can even heal/dispell which will help out the healer a lot.
    Again partly true but i get the feeling that you don't really thing of what you're saying?
    Yes the toolkit is overall better than other classes' on paper. That doesnt necessarily make things unbelievable powerful on live. rop and ls ar fantastic for group controle but that's something other classes can provide aswell. We can theoretically heal but how often do you NEED that offheal? Or how often can you spend energy on healing? especially on high keys that ressource is for chi generation...don'T know when you actually want to heal other than against bursting stacks after the fight...
    The dispell is cool but again: when is that really powerful? some places in underrot here and there in atal, a little bit in freehold (did i miss something here? probably anyone can tell me where to refresh my brain here^^). Overall nothing that can't be provided by someone else or is a gamebreaking thing.

now this is on my part:
    Like do you even play WW in m+?

Also WW is a super easy class to play. I specifically chose it, BECAUSE it the spec is so easy, fast and so flexible (talking about how they can adapt to every situation and easily deal both consistent ST and MT damage). Even if you have Hit Combo and screw up it's not a big deal in BfA.
    Now that part is first of all your opinion. I would argue that the overall feeling in the playerbase is that ww is more of a difficult specc to perform correctly. But as i said, opinions here, very debetable. If you find it easy, that's cool won't say anything against it.

Saying that dropping hitcombo is not a big deal on the other hand...well
    Like do you even play WW in m+?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjolmir View Post
    As the great illidan once said, "I'm blind not deaf."
    I see....

Absolutely nothing.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    It's a bit of a shame, because I personally think they're fantastic. Storm, Earth & Fire is a fun, visually striking cooldown... the "don't use the same attack twice" gameplay actually has this really satisfying rhythm to it, and the mob-control and mobility are ace.

I feel like a lot of people just don't give it a fair shot because of memes.
    It's the terribly ugly animations for me. The class is too much 'pandaren' and far too little 'pugilist' to feel good.

Unfortunately monk is the worst performing dps class in this tier of raiding but they are decent at M+ when you have physical damage grp makeup that can benefit from your 5% buff, trust me if monks didn't provide this buff they wouldn't be in the MDI runs and it would be 3 rogues.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...23/#dataset=90

Their is 4 other specs below us but they have other dps specs that peform better.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2019-08-22 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Huh. I just tested it, Imprisoned enemies still agro on to you if you get close enough to them. Only seems to about half the effective agro range.
    Huh. No idea what you've tested, this is my test: http://auchnet.de/sl/wow.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Because not many people play monks. The class fantasy is lame, their representation by pandas is lame, the rotation is convoluted (dps), and the tanking is not particularly fun.

So all im all, you will not see alot of monks in the game overall because people just play other things.
    Convoluted???

Monks have to work harder for the damage that a rogue or demon hunter bring by pressing two buttons, and they have less utility.

That does not mean windwalkers monks are bad. Far from it. They pump on damage and bring two aoe disruption cooldowns. Rogue-dh-caster is simply better right now.

Many top players who still play windwalkers in m+ run with demon hunter tanks so all the utility is still covered. Of course, that begs the question of why the monk doesn't tank while the demon hunter does damage, since both of those specs are fotm right now. And the answer is simply, "for fun."

WW is still A tier for M+ they are just not the best for pushing really high keys, but if all you can about is 10s and 15s WW more than fine especially with the upcoming buffs

Plus Monk is traditionally not a heavily played class because people enjoy the asthetic of warriors and DH more which is skewing the numbers even more, even when monk/rog/rog was the meta there was still very few WW in group finder

Lol Mate, ww monk is in The #1 team in The world in high Keys atm. Sit down