Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Well Warmode is utterly pointless...

Speaking more so from a Horde P.O.V.

Having WM on is pointless, It's a headache, for anyone trying to just go about doing their WQ's it's impossible because you have a raid of allies camping your flight paths across the map. I'm a PvPer and I have WM turned off on every single toon I have.

WM started off pretty cool and I enjoyed the occasional group fight which involved no more than 5-6 people. Now it's quite literally 1 Horde vs 30+ Alliance. Every. Single. Day.

It's always been pointless. There was already a way to turn warmode on and off. It was called PvE and PvP servers and it actually worked.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    I'm all for world PvP, I love it... however... when it's 1v40 on a daily basis, it's kinda shit. Yes i've turned it off to avoid the headache (especially with how fucking far away the spawn points are)

Velcome to the alliance world since day 1. The table have turned, there is no balance.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

The point couldn't possible be to experience world pvp.

You people are so obsessed with your carrots on a stick that you forget the point should be just to have fun..

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k16 View Post
    The point couldn't possible be to experience world pvp.

You people are so obsessed with your carrots on a stick that you forget the point should be just to have fun..
    And how do you have fun when you are so outnumbered you can't possibly win?

Quote Originally Posted by Krokks View Post
    And how do you have fun when you are so outnumbered you can't possibly win?
    Because the entire world is just full nut to butt of alliance waiting to kill you am I right?

Stop being so dramatic. People grouping up and ganging up on the opposite faction has been a thing for over a decade now, why you trying to blame a system within the game for the bullshit the PLAYERS are doing. Maybe try forming your own group to fight back?

If you don't enjoy warmode, then turn it off. It's okay to not enjoy something, but whats the point of coming to MMOC to cry about it?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's always been pointless. There was already a way to turn warmode on and off. It was called PvE and PvP servers and it actually worked.
    Except that high end raiding scene was largely focused on PvP servers, so no, it didn't. Especially back when PvE<>PvP transfers were an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People were only willing to turn it when they have a clear advantage. Now that the advantage is on the other side, the effect was inevitable.
    yea WM is great when I'm the one doing the ganking, but when somebody else ganks me WM sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k16 View Post
    Because the entire world is just full nut to butt of alliance waiting to kill you am I right?

Stop being so dramatic. People grouping up and ganging up on the opposite faction has been a thing for over a decade now, why you trying to blame a system within the game for the bullshit the PLAYERS are doing.

If you don't enjoy warmode, then turn it off. It's okay to not enjoy something.
    I don't even have warmode turned on, I've been on PvE servers for years and I have no desire for world PvP. But it's clear there's a faction imbalance and your comments are entirely worthless.

"I used to enjoy WM when it was just a free 10% for horde but now it's pointless cause it's not free anymore."

Horde logic.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Except that high end raiding scene was largely focused on PvP servers, so no, it didn't. Especially back when PvE<>PvP transfers were an issue.
    It's better to transfer to a PvP server where factions are balanced, than to be forced to always be at an imbalance.

I don't even have warmode turned on, I've been on PvE servers for years and I have no desire for world PvP. But it's clear there's a faction imbalance and your comments are entirely worthless.
    Why are you even here then if you don't and have never been on a pvp server? YOUR comments are the worthless ones lol

Not to mention faction imbalance has been a thing for over a decade as well on almost every single popular pvp server.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    "I used to enjoy WM when it was just a free 10% for horde but now it's pointless cause it's not free anymore."

Horde logic.
    Basically
    Last edited by matheney2k16; 2019-02-03 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm all for world PvP, I love it... however... when it's 1v40 on a daily basis, it's kinda shit. Yes i've turned it off to avoid the headache (especially with how fucking far away the spawn points are)
    Man, if only the Alliance understood what that was like......

For the longest time I was walking around without WM on, because I don't care much about PvP. The realm I was playing on was PvP previously but the reason I was on it was due to the guild, the people and not the PvP - it was a price I paid every now and again.
    Since WM though I couldn't care less about the 10%, it was never worth the struggle to get something done when I wanted to get it done.

However the content I prefer to play is M+ and the entire WM on/off situation is just a mess around summoning stones, which is the sole reason I walk around with WM on since most other players in my groups typically have it on as well and I just couldn't take more of the good old "well I have WM on because I'm not a coward" shit talking I received :P

I do agree on a general sense though, 1vs40 - arriving at a flight point just to find yourself in a raid is utterly pointless and not fun. I could form a group yet I don't want to, I just want to get my shit done - not play PvP. I also don't want to go back and forth to Orgrimmar to constantly switch it around. The occasional 1vs1 situations I do enjoy actually, even if I'm the one laying on the ground afterwards - maybe even 2vs1 as well but those meatgrinder raids are just not fun to come even close to. :/
    Last edited by Chrotesque; 2019-02-03 at 01:00 PM.

The system is fine. I would never use it. I've never turned it on. I hate world PvP. Some love it, and many many people wished for it to exist again like in the "good old days". For those people, this mode exists and is incentivised. To bring back something I've always hated. But it's another mode that I can easily avoid.

Of course there are people that go "I want the rewards of Warmode without the costs it brings me", but that's dumb. Those rewards exist to offset those costs. If these costs are worth it to you and you turn it on, the system is working. If the costs are too high for you and you turn it off, the system is also working. This whole thing is about choice.

I can't believe this.
    When BfA launched and I was going on about how WM is unfair and broken and shouldn't be in the game, I got called an alliance pussy and that maybe I should just form a raid if i wanted a fair pvp.

And now hordies complain.

See, I was saying from the start that Warmode sucks and should either be reverted back or have it's bonus striped away.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The system is fine. I would never use it. I've never turned it on. I hate world PvP. Some love it, and many many people wished for it to exist again like in the "good old days". For those people, this mode exists and is incentivised. To bring back something I've always hated. But it's another mode that I can easily avoid.

Of course there are people that go "I want the rewards of Warmode without the costs it brings me", but that's dumb. Those rewards exist to offset those costs. If these costs are worth it to you and you turn it on, the system is working. If the costs are too high for you and you turn it off, the system is also working. This whole thing is about choice.
    Very well said. I personally love world pvp and always have. Sure it can be extremely frustrating at times, but that's the point. I have not seen such active world pvp in a VERY long time as I have thus far in BFA, and for that fact alone I say WM is a grand success. Could it be better? Does it have flaws? Of course, but the point of WM isn't so dragonslayers can get a free ilevel 385, the point is to world pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    I can't believe this.
    When BfA launched and I was going on about how WM is unfair and broken and shouldn't be in the game, I got called an alliance pussy and that maybe I should just form a raid if i wanted a fair pvp.

And now hordies complain.

See, I was saying from the start that Warmode sucks and should either be reverted back or have it's bonus striped away.
    You were being an alliance pussy. The only diff now is the horde are the ones being the pussies.

You people are ridiculous, pvp servers have ALWAYS been like this, but you didn't have much of a choice if you wanted to do serious raiding as the majority of the raiding scene was on a pvp server. At least now you cna toggle on and off being on a 'pvp server' where as in the past you never could. It's literally pvp/pve servers, but upgraded why so much whining?

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post

Horde logic.
    But it still is free 10%. I've yet to find any alliance good enough to actually 1v1 me outside of arenas. In the last week the only time I died is when I take neutral flight paths because there are 40 "champions" over there wasting their life camping it.