Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

The saddest thing about bfa is...

... to see all the recent interviews from blizzard and realising that they really thaught that the bfa features would be a good thing.

At least that's the impression i got...it seems that they really thaught "expeditions are gonna rock" and "warfronts will smash it" or "titanforging is the best solution for all the problems"...

what's the saddest thing for you in bfa?

For me the saddest thing in bfa are all the forum warriors that think they know whats wrong with wow instead of accepting that the constant change of wow has changed it far enough from their vision that they don´t like it anymore but rather bash it then say goodbye.

I still enjoy wow for what it is and accept, that it needs change every expansion so that it doesn´t become stale due to no changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    this is the problem of having their heads too deep in their own ass, they genuinely thought they are doing a good thing, ignoring the negative feedback thinking its just the general toxicity.

For me the saddest thing is the lore, same problem from above, and more cause the new writers are forcing their new thing while destroy/retcon the old one.

The saddest thing for me is the class design.

I've mained a Rogue since 2004.

I don't even recognize my Rogue and it breaks my heart.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

The sadest thing is that Players told Blizzard things wouldn't work out well in the beta, that they didn't like them. Blizzard didn't bother listen. even bugs did not get fixed.

The saddest thing is the community, honestly. The entitlement, the disrespect, the righteousness and the pure ignorance. The absolute bandwagon that’s become of a portion of the community is a shit show, with most people presenting themselves of being incapable of independent thought and will just shit post in order to fuel this toxicity that’s brewed up this expansion. I’m by no means blind to the problems this game has right now, but being purely toxic towards Blizzard is utterly pointless and serves nobody any good. That’s the saddest part.

The saddest thing in my opinion is how they genuinely think that the story is brilliant, and seem to be convinced that Sylvanas is a multi-layered, morally grey machiavellian villain on the level of Tywin Lannister or Petyr Baelish.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they genuinely thought they are doing a good thing, ignoring the negative feedback thinking its just the general toxicity.
    When you have spent 15 years hearing from a community that thrives on some kind of insane toxic Stockholm syndrome, it's impossible to separate negative feedback from autistic screaming of people who don't want anything new and hate every change, but will turn around and lionize it was "the best ever" during the next expac.

Just look at all of the "Warlords/Cata/Pandas wasn't so bad" posts, and then compare to the flood of brainless vitriol that was shouted by forum goons while those expacs were current.

BfA is fine. There's been some missteps, but one of them wasn't a selfie patch.

Catering to the casual.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    All the concepts they had for this xpac are good, on paper.
    Azerite isn't the worst disaster ever, yet it's not great by any means either.
    IEs could have been interesting, but instead were just boring grind-fests.
    Warfronts could have been interesting, but without a PVP option or better AI with more spontaneous, event-driven content, they too felt boring and grind-y and several people just AFK through them.

Basically, the features for this expansion took things and twisted them, but they weren't fully done.
    What looked good on paper at one time now looks like a mistake, but that's what rushed development and half-assed MVPs get you.

But, as for the topic, the saddest thing to me is that they think they are crafting a morally grey story with interesting characters when, in reality, the writing of this game is more suited for a 5-10 year old audience.
    It's very predictable, contrived, and ultimately nonsensical, given where we came from with Legion, and the patches of story they wedged in the middle are not quite laughable (because at least I'd get SOME enjoyment out of it, even if in spite); it's more just, well, sad.
    Let's be real, this has never been a New York Times Best Seller franchise; it's very stock fantasy with your good guy Alliance of boring races and your bad guy Horde with the "monster" races.
    But man, coherency is just not there, not yet.
    I'm still willing to let them tell the rest of it because, who knows, maybe it gets better and things tie up nicely, but at this point, I'm doubting that very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Just look at all of the "Warlords/Cata/Pandas wasn't so bad" posts, and then compare to the flood of brainless vitriol that was shouted by forum goons while those expacs were current.
    Yeah, because those have to be the same people?
    Twisted logic.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    The saddest thing for me is the class design.

I've mained a Rogue since 2004.

I don't even recognize my Rogue and it breaks my heart.
    Welcome to ... Legion? Rogue playstyle across all specs isn't that much different than the last expac minus the artifact powers. I only had to adjust to the new blade flurry timing on my Outlaw.

If you follow the changes to Rogues since 2004, you'd have found the Vanilla rogue unrecognizable by Wrath.

Get some perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Yeah, because those have to be the same people?
    Twisted logic.
    Individually, they aren't the same people, most likely.
    But as someone who defended Pandaria, I got shouted down regularly. Now it's looked on as some kind of golden age.

And by next expac, BfA will be lauded as revolutionary.

The saddest thing of bfa....

In my case the world quest system... Don't get me wrong, during all legion I do it and never get bored of it but in bfa, I barely wants to do it.
    Last edited by Artharior; 2019-02-04 at 02:04 PM.

The saddest thing is that they're still thinking through "The team wants" instead of "The players want".

Individually, they aren't the same people, most likely.
    But as someone who defended Pandaria, I got shouted down regularly. Now it's looked on as some kind of golden age.

And by next expac, BfA will be lauded as revolutionary.
    So basically you're dismissing BfA criticism because of your experience during MoP?

Seeing how opinions about "the saddest thing" diverge just proves how well designed the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    For me the saddest thing in bfa are all the forum warriors that think they know whats wrong with wow instead of accepting that the constant change of wow has changed it far enough from their vision that they don´t like it anymore but rather bash it then say goodbye.

I still enjoy wow for what it is and accept, that it needs change every expansion so that it doesn´t become stale due to no changes.
    This ^
    The toxicity is strong in the forums *hums S.O.D song* I do feel sorry for the Devs

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    So basically you're dismissing BfA criticism because of your experience during MoP?
    Way to let the point fly over your head.

7+ Year Old Account
    When you have spent 15 years hearing from a community that thrives on some kind of insane toxic Stockholm syndrome, it's impossible to separate negative feedback from autistic screaming of people who don't want anything new and hate every change, but will turn around and lionize it was "the best ever" during the next expac.

BfA is fine. There's been some missteps, but one of them wasn't a selfie patch.
    even in those expansions the complaints were not nearly as bad as now(maybe with the exception of WoD), like, the complaints of MOP was most bout pandas and the theme, this you can ignore

some missteps? i would say some big mistakes, definitely not just "some missteps" we are in a point that some people think wod was better than bfa, well at least in pvp and lore i think wod was better.

Way to let the point fly over your head.
    What's your point then? That the game isn't changing for better or for worse? That it's simply just changing? That every strong opinion on the matter is wrong because there have been strong opinions on the other expansions as well?