Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Propping up warmode by stealing class identity and half of each class' abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I'm more positive about Bliz than a lot of folks, but even when I put on my most Taliesen-ish persona, I've got to give this point a real nod. They were incredibly slow to react to criticisms about the classes and then when they did, it was waaaay too late.

As to answer the OPs question, my sadness was this: They had the absolutely and completely perfect tool for expansions with the artifact weapons. Each expansion, they could morph them, adding new powers and taking away old powers. It was basically like adding a new talent tree but changing it for ever spec, every expansion. And if a power is really great, terrific, make room for it on the tree! What a brilliant design!

So they chose not to use it going forward. :O :O :O Oh, sure, I wasn't surprised when they destroyed the artifacts, they more or less promised to do that, but how in the holy hell could they not continue the artifact system?

Next, they destroyed legos. Now, this surprised exactly no one. It was to be expected. But having removed artifacts and legos, they were quite slow in bringing out armor that actually replicated lego efffects and when they did, many of the ideas were pretty bland dps upgrades. So, they continued the lego system in a kind of way--head, shoulder, chest--but it was never going to feel as exciting. And instead of coming up with a few really brilliant powers, they came up with tons of really lame ones. Sigh.

But, and this is the part I really do find sad, they then decided to do the global cooldown changes. Now maybe these really were necessary. In fact, given the damage they've done to the game, they bloody well better be necessary. But why in the hell would you make that change in an expansion when you were basically nerfing all the cool powers from the last expansion at the same time? It was bound to make players feel their class played like crap. They should have waited till a better moment in the game.
    I’m guessing they will make changes to the neck in 8.2 that would quench your artifact weapon throat, but that you still won’t be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It's not strange at all to have passion for a game, a tv series, a movie... etc. I only wish the Devs had as much passion for the game as I do, as the original devs did...

But I do appreciate your concern... it's nice to know someone cares.
    There's a huge difference between passion and obsession. If you are never gonna play something why go around saying you wish some devs were fired and other shit?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    ... to see all the recent interviews from blizzard and realising that they really thaught that the bfa features would be a good thing.

At least that's the impression i got...it seems that they really thaught "expeditions are gonna rock" and "warfronts will smash it" or "titanforging is the best solution for all the problems"...

what's the saddest thing for you in bfa?
    No, the saddest thing about BfA is seeing people like you jump on the 'I hate BfA' bandwagon. Seriously, give it a rest. Go do something else, go outside perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    The saddest thing for me is the class design.

I've mained a Rogue since 2004.

I don't even recognize my Rogue and it breaks my heart.
    Rogue is definitely one of the hardest hit from the "spec fantasy > class fantasy" design. Sin rogue = dots & timer management. Outlaw = Pirate RNG. Subtlety = the purple spec. It's pretty bad right now.

Ion and Lore still having a job?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    1. Ion does care, that's why on his watch there have been improvements to activities for various different player types instead of pandering to us Mythic raiders non-stop. I might benefit less from that approach than his predecessor's but it's hard to argue against it being better for the game overall. Catering to a pretty insignificant portion of the playerbase that raids Mythic isn't a smart business choice, and Ion, also as a Mythic raider, sees that. If they could have hired and promoted him sooner that would have been nice. There's only so much you can do to sell a 15 year old game. Well, watch how WoW classic turns out, you'll see.

2. No matter what you've convinced yourself of, video game devs and publishers are BUSINESSES. Not your friends. Not their employees' friends. Give CDPR a couple more years and they'll be just like every other company now. If you owned a business and you realized that you had 800~ employees that no longer served a purpose due to killing off esports on a product that was a failure (in their eyes.) and extra support staff for games in maint mode, would you keep them on? For funzies? When you have employees that no longer serve a function you don't just keep paying them. That's not how business works. By your rationale Blizzard should have just kept paying these people forever even though their job didn't really serve a function anymore. It's different if we're talking about a handful of people that you can reshuffle elsewhere, but this is HUNDREDS of people.

3. Yeah market adjustments happen. Activision-Blizzard's is worse than most. They had a pretty bleak end of the year because they flubbed Blizzcon so hard. It happens. They still turned a profit though.

You don't like mobile games, and that's fine, I don't either, but the market for them is huge. I don't like mobas but the market for them was huge for several years. I don't really like Battle Royale (Blackout and Apex are okay.) games but fortnite is huge. Sometimes the things that we personally like aren't the things that do best in the market. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's funny that you should mention GGG and PoE right after you talk about MTX and Loot Boxes. PoE has both, and they're priced insanely high. The truth of the matter is, it's loot boxes that people hate now. MTX is a part of the gaming industry and isn't going anywhere, people for whatever reason love that shit.

Also a lot of those games didn't fail because of "corporate insanity" - Battlefront 2 did. Fallout 76 maybe but the issues were much deeper than that. BFA met expectations last I checked even if you hate it and I'm not a huge fan of it. Battlefield 5 failed for the same reason that 3, 4, One, and Hardline failed, DICE can't make a decent game anymore. I can't even blame EA for it, and I really don't like EA. DICE lost their mojo a decade ago. If anything I think it's time for EA to have another studio make a BF game like Activision does with COD. Diablo Immortal is probably going to be wildly successful despite the backlash unfortunately. You should probably add that stupid card game by Valve to your list that lost 95% of its players in a month and I can't even remember the name of.
    do you know why people love this shit ?

because most people at very core of their nature are natural gatherers .

they like gathering stuff - whether its staps , mineral, pokemon cards or ... skins in games they enjoy

how exacly is different gathering skins in LoL or whatever from gathering cards in pokemon or magic the gathering ?

its not.

thats why microtransctions are so popular.

i kinda wish that blizzard never abandoned TCG for Hearthstone . but im dinosaur i guess who gatheed both pokemon card and them magic the gathering when i was a teen .

i for example cant understand how people can have problem with other spending like 50-100 $ am month on their hobby . i mean how poor you have to be to not be able to afford it without a thought.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-02-15 at 07:41 AM.

class design and story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Wanna go back to spamming Sinister Strike?
    Some buttons that I would like back are

Gouge, Garrote, Shiv, Premeditation, Slice and Dice, Preparation, Poisons, Preparation, Find Weakness (not this nerfed garbage), Shadow Dance (not this weak garbage with the charges but the real old school Shadow Dance)

If getting all that stuff back means going back to Sinister Strike as well then bring on the Sinister Strike. Not that I give a damn about Combat or about PvE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Rogue is definitely one of the hardest hit from the "spec fantasy > class fantasy" design. Sin rogue = dots & timer management. Outlaw = Pirate RNG. Subtlety = the purple spec. It's pretty bad right now.
    It is so dumbed down and terrible.

Shame on them. The people who created this deserve to feel terrible about the garbage work they have done.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

the saddest thing is that we still have a year left of this shit..

[QUOTE=Maudib;50854909]That's the whole point... that there are FOUR levels of difficulty for raiding. That is plain stupid. I understand WHAT they are trying to achieve... no player left behind and all that... but it completely undermines the value of raiding.
    /QUOTE]

I don't think so. It is content. Its value is in its ability to entertain players. If you disagree, I like hear what you see as the value raiding.

Making it accessible lower its prestige to some. But that is personal thing. It is an ego thing. That is a different.