Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prejudice

Also the reason it was in quotes was because I was quoting a dictionary you realize most words have several meanings and usages you can't say "well I like usage A but fuck B and C those are counter to my argument" like who the fuck are you?
    Cool, you are explaining a word that is not racism. Relevance?

it isn't logical.

"A single black man did something, therefore I will hurt all black men"

Is very far from a logical reaction.
    That's what grief and anger will do you to, cause an irrational reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I dont see any benefit to the witch hunt thats going on right now, I dont see how this reduces racism around the world or in the US (where most of this pish seems to get exported from), I dont see how holding human beings to the standards they once held and never allowing them to evolve is beneficial either.
    Because people have nothing better to do than chastise someone for coming out with a dark part of their past that they are deeply ashamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Actually, he said he isn't racist, and that what he did was horrible and that he was ashamed.
    https://news.yahoo.com/liam-neeson-s...160434426.html
    isn't now. He is not denying that his behavior at the time was racist or that it was wrong. There is a lot of hair splitting in this debate but the truth remains that he has done nothing at all to make us doubt that he is telling the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    If only he did a better job
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

it isn't logical.

"A single black man did something, therefore I will hurt all black men"

Is very far from a logical reaction.
    He experienced an extreme emotion that led him to make a bad decision. It's not logical to wish someone (or yourself) dead, but just about every person has experienced that thought during their lives. Does whomever wronged you deserve death?

Imagine if a rightwinger ran a woman over in a car and someone proclaimed that the right wing was the party of terror, or that anyone who voted for Trump is a racist. That wouldn't be logical, but emotions rarely are.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Cool, you are explaining a word that is not racism. Relevance?
    Oh lord these things are leveled Amerissis:

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
    b : a political or social system founded on racism
    3 : racial prejudice or discrimination
    Therefore I have to also define prejudice I thought this would be understood but meh I guess critical thinking isn't for everyone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    He experienced an extreme emotion that led him to make a bad decision. It's not logical to wish someone (or yourself) dead, but just about every person has experienced that thought during their lives. Does whomever wronged you deserve death?

Imagine if a rightwinger ran a woman over in a car and someone proclaimed that the right wing was the party of terror, or that anyone who voted for Trump is a racist. That wouldn't be logical, but emotions rarely are.
    I experienced a person literally trying to kil me I didn't start hating all balck people nor did I start hating all white people after my encounter with literal nazis nor did I begin hating all straight people because of my experiences not even for a "short" time after such things did I think to prejude an entire group.

Oh lord these things are leveled Amerissis:

Therefore I have to also define prejudice I thought this would be understood but meh I guess critical thinking isn't for everyone

- - - Updated - - -

I experienced a person literally trying to kil me I didn't start hating all balck people nor did I start hating all white people after my encounter with literal nazis nor did I begin hating all straight people because of my experiences not even for a "short" time after such things did I think to prejude an entire group.
    Prejudice is not racism, but racism is a form of prejudice. Racial prejudice is racism, but that is not what you said. You keep changing goal posts. Either way, targetting black people because a black person raped someone, is not racism, it’s profiling and incredibly stupid. He doesn’t think black people are inferior. But I guess you’d call me a racist for not being attracted to black men, too, right?

I feel like it was cuz his friend got raped not cuz the guy was black.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

You just won the internet for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Prejudice is not racism, but racism is a form of prejudice. Racial prejudice is racism, but that is not what you said. You keep changing goal posts. Either way, targetting black people because a black person raped someone, is not racism, it’s profiling and incredibly stupid. He doesn’t think black people are inferior. But I guess you’d call me a racist for not being attracted to black men, too, right?
    Did you just imignore the definitions of racist?

An example would be Republicans in congress not voting with Trump, while Democrats vote lock-step against him, regardless of the motion.

That said, the Democrats are also showing division. There's a radical wing growing within their ranks and it will be interesting to see what comes of the party in the future.
    that's usually the case though, the opposing party is usually together in opposing the president, be it a republican or democrat, even if they were all for the same thing years ago(the border for instance).

But I'm not talking about a handful of politicians who I honestly believe don't represent the people in the slightest. I'm talking more of the actual people, by the 1000's and 100000's. The majority of Republicans are christian, and share many of the same beliefs and values. And though there's a small number of people who lean right, that don't share the same beliefs, there's not much discord between them and the majority.

When you look at the Left/Democrats, you have so much contradiction and groups that hate each other. The saying that the left will devour itself eventually has merit when you consider all the groups that make it up and the victim hierarchy that they've built.

If there wasn't a right, imagine that half the country was split in half and the left went left and right went right and made new countries. The Right would be peaceful, there'd be a lot of god symbolism and crap like that, but it would probably be a peaceful place to live without much discord. The country on the left however, you would have so much chaos between the black, muslim, gay and feminist community still. In fact without the right to hate as the majority, it probably would be worse.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    To call a black guy black is NOT racist but because it was followed by the word (Bas****) makes it a racist comment? What else would you call a rapist? There was nothing wrong with what Liam said, nothing at all.

Kids these days are too soft...way too soft and this PC/race card crap has gone too far...

Can't call a dwarf a dwarf even though it's technical term is "dwarfism"... *Ohhhh they prefer little people*
    Can't call someone from Pakistan a paki? has anyone ever watched Only Fools And Horses? it's used frequently with no ill intent.
    Can't call a Chinese man a chinky?
    So should I take offence to anyone that calls me a Brit from now on?

My kids came home from school singing Baa Baa white sheep ffs! I corrected them that it was black... they didn't listen, after going for a walk down my local abbey we seen a field full off black sheep. True story btw.

Back on point what Liam said was the TRUTH and not in any way racist.

1. He was black...
    2. He was a rapist bas****

If this post offends anyone ...remember this, it's the *truth in words* and ban me I don't give a shit, I've already had an 8 year account deleted anyways.

There was no crime committed, why does this even matter at this point? The story was a cautionary tale of youth and getting swept up in emotion over logic.