Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    Bro, velen is equal to ARCHIMONDE and KIL JAEDEN. some of the greatest threats that we ever faced.

velen would turn talanji into dust, make tyrande implode in holy light and kill anduin with a melee hit.
    I just wish he did something with that power. Ever. I love the Draenei but Velen just never fucking does anything. He's more passive than Baine.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I just wish he did something with that power. Ever. I love the Draenei but Velen just never fucking does anything. He's more passive than Baine.
    you know what? you are right.
    Velen should easily be the strongest alliance character and yet he chose to stay afk most of the time. the maximum that i have seen from him is a massive holy barrier for a long period of time.

thinking about it again, i don't think that we ever have seen velen in his final form, i mean, using all he has.

so maaaybe now with night warrior tyrande who can one shot armies and valkyrs she is above every other alliance character.
    at least we actually have seen what she can do.
    Last edited by etheldald; 2019-02-08 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Yep. She even ran out of arrows in one of those Cata instances.. >.< That made me so ebbarassed as a Night Elf player
    Remember that time that she wanted to rush in and fight the Orcs, but Varian who is easily 1/300th her age if not less, had to teach her about patience?

I used to like the Night Elves a lot, was my go to race in War3/FT, but I can't stand how the majority of the lore revolves around her and Malfurion, as if those 2 characters were created first and the race was created second, only to give them more backstory. Would rather more characters get more spotlight in the Night Elves, who don't bend the knee to Tyrande :/

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Just wanted to touch on this. Anduin is a priest in plate armor. He does not use paladin abilities in any shape or form. He simply is a priest with some warrior training from dad. For crying out loud, he's literally listed as the primary priest character in Hearthstone, even...
    No matter the narrative, character, whatever Blizz says, some people always say "Anduin is (becoming) a paladin!". I think they just need their Arthas fix.

On topic... Have we seen Velen be offensive/destructive with using the light? All I remember is more protective/restorative stuff.
    Last edited by laplacedemon; 2019-02-08 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Agreed on the last part. With her flaws I have no idea how the Night Elves manage to survive the Burning Legion when they invaded the first time.
    Because she wasn't in charge

Tyrande during the WotA was a much more likable character and there was many other Night Elves in charge. As someone who read those books and played Warcraft 3 to present, I'm very confused at how she became the leader and how the Night Elf people devolved into "minions". Weird that I prefer Knaak's version of her over Warcraft 3's.

But with the Darkshore questline we've seen some other Night Elves take point, such as Maiev, although I'm not sure if she's much better
    I've had this strong dislike for Tyrande and feeling of the Night Elves being set pieces of hers, for most of WoW, but what I saw from this patch further cemented it.

Maiev, someone who strongly dislikes Tyrande and Sira(A warden who should aswell) are basically gushing over how awesome Tyrande is. Everyone gathers around her, to watch her get a power up and call her queen(unless that was changed). All the Night Elves are just support for Tyrande.

This is worse when you consider that the War of Thorns, she arrives and goes to Malfurion to save him and leaves. She didn't attempt to help her people, Elune didn't even help any of them, but her and Malfurion. Can you imagine being a night elf, knowing that you're fodder and Tyrande and Malfurion will always be saved? Delaryn felt that way and is now one of my new favorite characters

And yeah I used to like Maiev. She was one of the higher up Night Elves who went against Malfurion and Tyrande, to bring Illidan to justice and I hoped she would come back and do the same to Tyrande for killing the Wardens... but now in BFA, she's a Tyrande fan girl all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We do know, however, that the Horde player was able to fend off NW Tyrande AND Malfurion, while protecting two Val'kyrs.det from them and waves of their minions... One Val'kyrs died, but the other survived, while NW Tyrande and Malfurion fled..

Doesn't bode well for her power level.
    Tyrande and Malfurion didn't flee there, though. I guess the Horde and Alliance side are a bit different? On Alliance side, it's a completely one-sided battle, the val'kyrs rather just stalling Nathanos's death (until he could flee with Delaryn & Sira) rather giving him the edge. And do remember, those two Val'kyr were the powerful ones. Them dying is a very big deal regardless.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    you know what? you are right.
    Velen should easily be the strongest alliance character and yet he chose to stay afk most of the time. the maximum that i have seen from him is a massive holy barrier for a long period of time.

thinking about it again, i don't think that we ever have seen velen in his final form, i mean, using all he has.

so maaaybe now with night warrior tyrande who can one shot armies and valkyrs she is above every other alliance character.
    at least we actually have seen what she can do.
    It's like they just forget him all the time. At every meeting he just stands there. In every great action, he just stands there.
    Yeah the only time he did do something is when he defended the Exodar. The only actual thing done by Velen was done by the Alternate Universe Velen when he purified the Void Naaru. THAT WASNT EVEN OUR VELEN!

Imagine Velen if he had actually done something during WotLK in Icecrown.

Bro, velen is equal to ARCHIMONDE and KIL JAEDEN. some of the greatest threats that we ever faced.

velen would turn talanji into dust, make tyrande implode in holy light and kill anduin with a melee hit.
    he wasnt equal in power, but in status, and this without all the enhanchement from fel.
    archimonde and kil jaeden were mages, something that clearly needed at least tons of meritocracy to achieve, meanwhile velen, being essentialy the space goat pope, didnt need raw power, but great talk no jutsu skills. that we even considering powerfull, from a meta point of view, but is far from be dangerous

Talanji coz she is a proud black woman.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

thats why Velen needed the entire alliance+horde just to get rid of archi and kil'jaedon .. Velen might be powerful but for god sake you guys should stop comparing him to these 2 who got empowered by fel ... and people also forget that Velen isn't said to be powerful because he could disintegrate everything its more so because of his ability to utilize the Light for his Visions not combat powers

Velen no contest.
    Also this thread serves as a reminder of how utterly underdeveloped priest lore is for most of the races.

5+ Year Old Account

Exactly this. In Legion I was baffled he waited until now to do something. I love that old OP bastard
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Velen. He has the most experience of the 4.

But we all know Anduin would be the one who would actually win despite being the least experienced because he's a mary sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

But we all know Anduin would be the one who would actually win despite being the least experienced because he has human potential.
    Fixed that for you.

In all seriousness though, power wise it would have to Velen, however with her upgrade I honestly have no idea where Tyrande would fall, she's pretty damned OP now though, just not sure exactly how powerful Velen really is because he never frickin does anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    tyrande >= velen >>> anduin > talanji.

i'd put talanji as weaker because she no longer has rezan. her faith is broken right now. she can still use her powers probably, but they'd be much weaker.

it's entirely possible that velen's stronger than tyrande, but i'd doubt it now with the dark moon vengeance buff.
    Talanji can summon Any Loa for Aid, She did it with Krag'wa and Akunda.

If she is a smart player she can use it in advantage on longer played battle. Plus Talanji is quite good in martial prowless.

For Anduin devs had to conveninetly forget that he sucked at sword in order to give him spotlight in high budget cinematic "doing awesome stuff".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

But we all know Anduin would be the one who would actually win despite being the least experienced because he's a mary sue.
    Excuse me but I didn't see him doing anything impressive, if he has any experience then he didn't do anything with it, so it's hard to determine his power scope.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Talanji can summon Any Loa for Aid, She did it with Krag'wa and Akunda.

If she is a smart player she can use it in advantage on longer played battle. Plus Talanji is quite good in martial prowless.

For Anduin devs had to conveninetly forget that he sucked at sword in order to give him spotlight in high budget cinematic "doing awesome stuff".
    anduin's still not great with a sword. he was just wildly swinging it on that troll until he light blasted through the troll's shield.

talanji summoning the other loa isn't the same thing as her gaining power from rezan. it was just calling them to speak. she could call on bwonsamdi, which would instantly put her above anduin, but does that even make her a priest anymore? and would she even do that?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    anduin's still not great with a sword. he was just wildly swinging it on that troll until he light blasted through the troll's shield.

talanji summoning the other loa isn't the same thing as her gaining power from rezan. it was just calling them to speak. she could call on bwonsamdi, which would instantly put her above anduin, but does that even make her a priest anymore? and would she even do that?
    That is what priests do, they call for higher power.
    Also, she does call for Akunda’s power to recharge a goblin mech with lightning. I assume that as a Zandalari leader, she can be assisted by any Loa, but it’s not going to be to the same extent as he own, personal, god.

I'd say Velen. Wisdom and experience, which he is still able to build upon (as we've seen in Legion), usually beat inexperience and rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    That is what priests do, they call for higher power.
    Also, she does call for Akunda’s power to recharge a goblin mech with lightning. I assume that as a Zandalari leader, she can be assisted by any Loa, but it’s not going to be to the same extent as he own, personal, god.
    Yup, She is the Ruler of Zandalar so she has a right to call for any Zandalari Loa for assistance, but her main Loa is Bwonsamdi now. And Bwonsamdi was less powerful than Rezan but he is far more smart and resourceful.

I think that Talanji would try to fight in a way where she could use all of that assistance in advantage, as it's not just light powers that she has in disposal. That variety can be pretty nicely utilized.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Ok good

Ohh ok, so you're going to post further, ignoring what I said. You can stick with whatever you believe some blizzard peon said, you clearly don't know what a paladin and priest is.
    FYI, all the first human paladins were priests who put on armor and wielded weapons into battle...just like Anduin did.
    I'll stop here since you couldn't.
    It's like arguing with a stump. Blizzard blatantly says something, you refuse to accept it because you want it to not be true. As i said, I am not going to argue your shallow points because they have nothing behind them but wishful thinking. Have fun with that.