Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Alliance Cinematic for Battle of Dazar'alor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC_NPKQdMIQ

Man I hate being right. The Horde their entire war campaign is made pointless because the Alliance had to look cool.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-01-22 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post

Man I hate being right. The Horde their entire war campaign is made pointless because the Alliance had to look cool.
    Things ebb and flow, Sylvanas got to make everyone in the Alliance who isn't Jaina look stupid at Undercity. After outmaneuvering the night elves and burning their city.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Things ebb and flo, Sylvanas got to make everyone in the Alliance who isn't Jaina look stupid at Undercity.
    Can we all agree here that the lore just outright fucking sucks?
    Atleast the Alliance can still somewhat have their "fist pump".

This was set up ages ago. By this point the Horde failing is par for the course. Maybe if we hadn't spent our entire war campaign raising random assholes that go on to betray us and we hadn't handed our plot device to the king's vault instead of say, using it. I look forward to the Derek plan failing as well because of that treacherous cow. At least we still have Prisclla "The Horde killed my husband, but I'm totally on your side " Ashvane.

Anyway, enough bitching. Good to see a gnome finally achieve something and Jaina is great in this too. You guys deserve to enjoy a victory at least for a little without getting lectured by our spiritual liege.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account

Alliance probably gonna get its legs took out from underneath them the future to serve as a tit for tat.

It’s not the entire fleet. Both Talanji and Sylvanas eventually talk about the remnants of the Golden Fleet. It is in shambles, but not entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Alliance probably gonna get its legs took out from underneath them the future to serve as a tit for tat.

This is supposed to be the answer to the Burning of Teldrassil.

Alliance mains will continue to call this Horde bias somehow. Just wait and watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    It’s not the entire fleet. Both Talanji and Sylvanas eventually talk about the remnants of the Golden Fleet. It is in shambles, but not entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

This is supposed to be the answer to the Burning of Teldrassil.
    Weird twist, since the Zandalari weren't even involved in the burning.

- - - Updated - - -

The writing team being Alliance favored while throwing superderp evil dirt at the horde evrey chance they get is nothing new.

Can we all agree here that the lore just outright fucking sucks?
    Atleast the Alliance can still somewhat have their "fist pump".

Oh I can definitely agree to this. I'm just saying there are points the Alliance gets screwed over too. And sadly victories like these tend to be done by making the losing side look bad.

Horde rogues taking out the sentinels in Ashenvale so quitely that the horde could push so far into it before meeting any real resistance was bad for the night elves, as well as the Alliance showing up with NO PLAN FOR THE BLIGHT at the freaking UNDERCITY.

It's also kinda silly here that the Zandalari never noticed all those bombs on their boats we planted in advance.

I'm not saying horde bials or alliance bias here, only that both sides get crapped on and it's just the Horde's turn at the current moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Weird twist, since the Zandalari weren't even involved in the burning.
    Oh, I didn’t say that right, it’s an answer to Teldrassil from a story point. It has nothing to do with lore. Blizzard just tries to quet down some of Alliance woes through “balancing” the storyline with attack on Zuldazar

I actually don’t mind any losses with this raid. Not only do the Zandalari still remain a noticeable powerhouse even after this, they get a unique position within the Horde. One of a few races who can point at Alliance and call them out on being straightforward assholes. First with kidnaping a Zandalari royalty and tossing her into a prison next to simple criminals. Next blasting through the oldest city on Azeroth for no real reason, killing their king for no real reason and then running off.
    Last edited by Kwento; 2019-01-22 at 04:43 PM.

Oh cool, spoilers in the thread title, cheers broooooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    This was set up ages ago. By this point the Horde failing is par for the course. Maybe if we hadn't spent our entire war campaign raising random assholes that go on to betray us and we hadn't handed our plot device to the king's vault instead of say, using it. I look forward to the Derek plan failing as well because of that treacherous cow. At least we still have Prisclla "The Horde killed my husband, but I'm totally on your side " Ashvane.

Anyway, enough bitching. Good to see a gnome finally achieve something and Jaina is great in this too. You guys deserve to enjoy a victory at least for a little without getting lectured by our spiritual liege.

On one hand it sucks for the horde, on the other I'm actually all for having more backfires when the Forsaken raise people that were their enemy a few minutes ago, especially if the horde are the ones that killed them.

Wow, that was one forced suspension with the gnome.

Also! Amazing moment when Jaina is shown to only be capable of making a shield strong enough to protect herself. Gelbin is blasted, her ship is on fire and she’s in a bubble. I wonder where are her godly powers now?

5+ Year Old Account
    yes man, let me enjoy this for as long as i can until the pendulum swing back and hit us in full force.
    Great gelbin, great jaina.

Finally gelbin doing something epic. nothing to complain here, at least from me.
    And no, is not the entire zandalari fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Also! Amazing moment when Jaina is shown to only be capable of making a shield strong enough to protect herself. Gelbin is blasted, her ship is on fire and she’s in a bubble. I wonder where are her godly powers now?
    She is saving mana for her fight? she will use a lot of spells.
    Last edited by etheldald; 2019-01-22 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Gelbin was awesome in this little cutscene, I have to say. First time I've ever seen anything that could be classified as badass from a Gnome that I can think of.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    he seemed pretty comptent in the allinace shore one too
    The Broken Shore one was a bit too comical for me, standard Gnome faire. The APU was pretty cool, but he was still played for laughs I felt. Here he's actually in a tense and dramatic little scene - nothing really comical about it. Him recovering from being blown beneath the deck and pulling the machine upright to detonate the Zandalari fleet was awesome.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

What are you talking about? As alliance, you had to kill these twilight elves that aren't even mentioned on horde and crawl under the ships to plant the bombs.

Meanwhile on horde, you plow through alliance armies like it's nothing, rez multiple more or less key characters as horde and have Ashvane join also.

I know you're triggered now, but take a deep breath and think of the next patch, where slyvanus gonna strike back in her full edgy and cringy force.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Gelbin was awesome in this little cutscene, I have to say. First time I've ever seen anything that could be classified as badass from a Gnome that I can think of.
    What about his forces in the Siege of Orgrimmar? When he shows up with Alleria to reinforce the Alliance in battle for lordaeron and helps turn the tide? The things he did on the broken shore? He's had moments before.

I must admit that I am impressed by Gelbin's cunning. I had never expected that a Gnome of all people would play such a pivotal role in the greatest battle of the war.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, mega cringe. They really need better writers and story boarding for their cinematics.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.