Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry MMO-OT's Official Trump Supporting Moderator Strikes Again

Let's just call it like it is.

Thwart supports Donald Trump and his so-called moderation is often done in defense of his so-called President.

Two weeks ago he was caught red handed when he infracted one poster for starting a thread topic as "trolling" because it was on the topic relating to, how shall we say, negative aspects of Trump supporters. And simultaneously left another thread that was very clearly a troll bait thread by another Trump supporter go without an infraction. He was called to account by the powers that be on the site and forced to apologize for what was blatant bullshit. The infraction was reversed. His victim achieved the satisfaction he was entitled to.

And now he has struck again.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...er-This-Is-Why

No Thwart, the topic has not run it's course and you don't get to decide that. That thread is the main Wall thread in OT, with 126 pages and 8 months of life doesn't get to be closed because we spend a few pages saying not nice things about Trump Supporters for their blatant lying and shifting positions on the wall. Imagine if every thread on a long term issue that went a little off topic was treated like that. You were looking for a reason to close the thread and everyone knows it.

We are not nearly done on the topic of the wall. Are we? Is the national news regarding it over? Did I miss something? No. You closed it because it's becoming a source of embarrassment for _your_ political affiliation, and you want to contain all things anti-Trump in one thread. Even the WAY you put it is a farce that exposes the game. Your words Thwart:

In fact, the "Wall topic" as a whole, which that thread is the main representative of (and you know it) doesn't go away until your President fully completes his surrender on it and like Obamacare repeal, we never speak of it again. We're not there yet are we. A good deal closer thanks to President Individual-1's historic cave job to a 78 year old grandmother. But not quite. The issue still has life, and thus, so has the thread.

The topic isn't done. Open it the fuck up. Nobody cares if you don't like the fact that, you know, there is such a thing as accountability towards Trump supporters when that 2000 mile long, 18 foot high concrete wall doesn't happen. Give your President a few days. When he caves again and signs a budget with $0 of wall money and $300 million less on border security than Democrats offered in December, we'll have something to discuss other than Trump supporters being liars about what constitutes a "wall".

As for suggestions.... you want a suggestion powers that be? Boot this guy off your mod team. I warned you blues, that as Trump started to crack, it was going to get ugly. You folks got a problem in your own circle of friends up there. He's becoming your hobby. Fix it. Now.

I'll take my infraction now.

- - - Updated - - -

And for the record, I wrote to the blues in a PM. So don't tell me to do that. Already done.

But I also decided this deserved a public airing. It's bullshit, and it's been adding up for a year.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2019-02-08 at 06:11 PM.

As someone who doesn't care either way, if there's another thread for it then there's another thread for it?

With that said, if it's been open 8 months that does seem odd.

As much as I love your slow and entertaining descent to madness over Trump, this is just sad.

god damnit we dont care about Trump and we dont wanna hear more about Trump. You elected him as a country - deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    As someone who doesn't care either way, if there's another thread for it then there's another thread for it?

With that said, if it's been open 8 months that does seem odd.
    Locking a thread for that reason is just bizarre, there's a whole 7 open threads in that sub-forum that directly concerns Trump on the first page alone right now.

I do so love how as with all mod stuff this well be swept under the rug, locked and taken behind a closed door.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I could not agree more with Skroe. The thread is being closed only because the Mod who did so is biased - there is no other reason to close such a politically hot topic. Please reopen the thread and infract Thwart.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Or maybe the orangeman bad npc narrative is obnoxious and doesn't need to be brought up every 5 seconds?
    So the Wall wasn't a hot topic at all? Didn't shut down the government for 35 days?

I'm not going to say one more word on this. The powers that be can either fix the actions of a rogue moderator who they already have had to clean up after prior to this, or endorse them and own it by letting it stand.

This is the first time I've ever written about Thwart. Many others have on many other occasions. The powers that be have everything they need at their hands to make the obvious decision.

Let's see if they actually do it. I have my doubts...

While we are on this topic, can we also get fired the mods of the regressive left who ban someone the moment they say a truth that may offend thin-skinned lefties?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So the Wall wasn't a hot topic at all? Didn't shut down the government for 35 days?
    Hard for some people who are delusional enough to think this didn’t happen under Obama, and much more absurd to think Trump somehow doesn’t deserve more attention for the things he does.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It got to 2509 fucking posts before they closed it. What else can you npcs say that you haven't already in that thread?
    Is the issue done? Is wall funding a dead issue now?

Just because you don't pay attention, doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So there's nothing left you can say, gotcha.
    So you're totally detached from reality, gotcha.

Repeating orangeman bad, goverment shut down bad! Republicans bad, wall bad. Wall not work, wall bad. We good. We not budge. We not compromise. Wall bad. rinse repeat.
    That's what a mega thread does. Is the Gun Control Mega thread closed yet? Any new ideas on there in the past two years? You get the point yet? The ridiculous bias you people cultivate and swim in on a daily basis boggles the mind.

Member when this site was about WoW and mmorpgs? I member.

Now it's just turned into a Trump discussion shithole.

So there's nothing left you can say, gotcha.

Repeating orangeman bad, goverment shut down bad! Republicans bad, wall bad. Wall not work, wall bad. We good. We not budge. We not compromise. Wall bad. rinse repeat.
    Well that’s just too bad for you? Isn’t it? If you had anything substantive to say you wouldn’t have a problem tackling these topics. But you said it yourself, you have nothing worth talking about to bring to the table besides your whining.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    While I am extremely tempted to tell you this is a private platform that maybe doesn't want to associate with you and allow your speech to exist, and you have no rights to open topics, post and maintain them...

... yes, I don't see any reason for your topic to get closed.

I also don't expect you or others such as you to see the hypocrisy of trying to tell other people their memes, trolls and content is bad and that private companies have a right to terminate it, while crying for your own content being "censored" on a private platform. Such is life, I guess.
    It is unfortunate that you don't see the difference between asking the government to step in an prevent a private company from exercising control over the content on their platform, and asking the private company itself if the actions of one of their employees accurately represents how the manner in which they wish things to be done. If Skroe were saying that there should be legal consequences for Thwart's actions, you'd have a point, but that would be absurd and is not what was said at all.

MMO-Champion is entitled to have biased modding if they want to. The question, of course, is whether or not that is what they want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Theres a reason i just stick to the game forum now. Gen ot if awful

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So you can't even refute it, gotcha.
    So you can't even refute it, gotcha. (am I doing that right? )

Except you didn't ask me my views on that one, and my views are the fucking same, it should also be closed because there's nothing new one can bring to the damned table on the subject. But of course, thinking anyone would be consistent in ideals is a foreign idea to you npcs.
    I don't fucking care about your views on anything - you're so far into chugging the kool aid my 5 year old has better insight into the world. This is all about obvious bias. If the Wall Mega thread has "run it's course" then I guess we close all mega threads that hit a certain page count? Right? Where's your outrage for all those. A Mega thread was closed because the mod's personal views got in the way of his job. Period. Know how I know? Because the Gun Control thread Mega thread is still open.
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-02-08 at 06:34 PM.

Except you didn't ask me my views on that one, and my views are the fucking same, it should also be closed because there's nothing new one can bring to the damned table on the subject. But of course, thinking anyone would be consistent in ideals is a foreign idea to you npcs.
    Wait - do you really not think there are going to be any new developments to discuss? Say...in like a week from today?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can't even refute it, gotcha.

You still haven't figured how perfectly your own meme fits you and the other Trump supporters? You insult only yourself with that one...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?