Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Forced personal loot is a GREAT change. Those who missed it are people who sell gears for real money.

Quote Originally Posted by spxhqtn View Post
    Forced personal loot is a GREAT change. Those who missed it are people who sell gears for real money.
    It would be if you were able to trade every item you got.. Stupid itemlevel restrictions are just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Nobody said that you would get any loot at all. It's random. You could raid all your life and not getting a single item.
    Except you can't because there's BLP, including on coins.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    PL is so great isn't it? We all wanted this.

As many have said, you are just unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by saidolol View Post
    Wtf is this jazz?
    That's how the game is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saidolol View Post
    have got 4 items total (trinket,ring,cloak,belt) since the release of BoD (3 weeks of clearing normal/hc)
    and they all have azerite items on the table.
    That's a bit on the low end, but not super unlucky. You aren't loot locked, if you were you wouldn't get any loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except you can't because there's BLP, including on coins.
    There's no BLP.

There's no BLP.
    There has been BLP on coins since MoP, why would you randomly say there isn't? When you clearly don't know?

There isn't a lot of ways to get 400+ azerite gear hell even 385 is mostly vendor or raid or emissary that pops up once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by nlc View Post
    Fundamentally this is the problem. There is an expectation that raiders will also do M+. M+ is supposed to be an alternative end game not a chore for raiders even though a chore is what it has become. Most people do their weekly +10 and that's it; few actually push anything remotely difficult. IMO M+ loot acquistion should be nerfed so that it is comparable to raiding. But in the absence of that at the very least what they need to do is make every boss kill and bonus roll in a raid give a currency to buy azerite (a different currency to M+ so they can't be combined). If M+10 guarantees mythic -5 reguar loot every week and mythic azerite loot every 2 weeks so should an heroic raid clear.
    Games aren't chores. If you think it's a chore you're doing it wrong.

It's RNG man. It's always will be 50/50 it's either you get it or don't et it. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    There has been BLP on coins since MoP, why would you randomly say there isn't? When you clearly don't know?
    There was no information about coin BLP since MoP and very few information how that BLP worked, so you could say that there's no BLP for coins and there's definitely no BLP for other loot. Why would you randomly say there is, when you clearly don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Games aren't chores. If you think it's a chore you're doing it wrong.
    Well maybe. But I'm pretty sure most raiders would not do M+ at all if the gear rewards weren't so generous. In Legion serious M+ players complained they had to raid for tier sets. A valid complaint. Now it's swung the other way. Having multiple options for end game progression is fine. It allows people to do what they enjoy or can commit to. But one should not require the other.

There was no information about coin BLP since MoP and very few information how that BLP worked, so you could say that there's no BLP for coins and there's definitely no BLP for other loot. Why would you randomly say there is, when you clearly don't know?
    Do they really need to remind you how things work every few months?

Is that really your argument?

They said in MoP, that they were adding BLP to coins. The only assumption to make, is that it has been that way ever since, as they have said nothing against it, and no one has come close to ever being able to prove that the BLP is gone (Because they roll an item within a reasonable amount of time, and can't prove it) People very consistently receive loot every 3-5 coins, that's just how raid is atm. If there wasn't BLP, you'd often see people get AP/Gold on 10+ rolls, yet no one has proved that its happened to them, the few people who do try to say that, are either very unreliable sources with no proof, or when questioned adjust their statement to be "nono, i haven't gotten an UPGRADE in 10 rolls" People are VERY likely to forget they bonus rolled something, if it was a downgrade or not the piece they wanted.

I'm unsure about blp on loot itself, so I won't say anything as I don't know, they haven't commented on it and I haven't seen set proof on either answer. You're in the same position, you just decide to make definitive statements rather than being open to the fact you might be wrong.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2019-02-09 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Do they really need to remind you how things work every few months?

Is that really your argument?

They said in MoP, that they were adding BLP to coins. The only assumption to make, is that it has been that way ever since, as they have said nothing against it, and no one has come close to ever being able to prove that the BLP is gone (Because they roll an item within a reasonable amount of time, and can't prove it) People very consistently receive loot every 3-5 coins, that's just how raid is atm. If there wasn't BLP, you'd often see people get AP/Gold on 10+ rolls, yet no one has proved that its happened to them, the few people who do try to say that, are either very unreliable sources with no proof, or when questioned adjust their statement to be "nono, i haven't gotten an UPGRADE in 10 rolls" People are VERY likely to forget they bonus rolled something, if it was a downgrade or not the piece they wanted.

I'm unsure about blp on loot itself, so I won't say anything as I don't know, they haven't commented on it and I haven't seen set proof on either answer. You're in the same position, you just decide to make definitive statements rather than being open to the fact you might be wrong.
    Theres BLP on regular loot too, it was discussed back in wod, otherwise really unlucky people would never get anything. Theres just none on specific loot

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    +17 is easy huh. Several servers dont have one of those done at all and less than 1000 groups have done a 17 in time yet, so mot that easy. Seeing how many of those are the same people over and over a tiny fraction of people have done one and many wont at any point in BfA. Wven in Legion when the cache cut off was 15 few did 17s
    They are easy for anyone who's not trash at the game and obviously trash players shouldn't get the best rewards.
    35k characters have completed a dungeon on +15 or higher in season 2. Keep in mind you don't have to time the dungeon to get your weekly reward of that key level.

Quote Originally Posted by goriander View Post
    They are easy for anyone who's not trash at the game and obviously trash players shouldn't get the best rewards.
    35k characters have completed a dungeon on +15 or higher in season 2. Keep in mind you don't have to time the dungeon to get your weekly reward of that key level.
    Sure bud because everyone is doing +17s.
    I rarely see +17 keys in lfg or key discords.
    You probably want to half that number in actual completes (intime) and lots are alts probably so then it's not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by goriander View Post
    If it is so easy you are making it in time though. 35k characters out of millions of players is nothing too, the best part that number is wrong too. 18,237 characters have finished 15s, half your number. Now you are moving the goal posts too. A post ago it was 17s are easy, now it is 15s are easy for the good players. We can stick with just 15 and expand on that though. Depending on the spec or class people play they are just shit out of luck. 83 bears, 43 feral druids, 16 SV hunters, 53 arms warriors, 14 sub rogues, 50 fire mages, 17 arcane, 52 enhance shammies, 87 affliction locks so on and so forth. Now I am sure the rebuttal now will be switch specs which than lines up DK which if you don't want to go blood you might as well not try or DH which is the opposite it is dps or don't bother.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Season 2 Weapon club here too, until Archimonde's Tempest of Chaos
    RNG loot is a horrible design feature. Everyone treats it like it's normal, but it's not, and most game designers would not think it was okay to screw over everyone in their player base that lands a few standard deviations off the mean. But if they did something sensible like guaranteed drops, powerful and comprehensive bad luck protection, or having most loot earned via badges, people would *gasp* be able to set goals, achieve them, and then potentially be done grinding content they are already bored of.

But unfortunately, Blizz is so out of touch that we're all stuck with this loot system, and they'll keep bleeding subs until the game becomes irrelevant, which will be in the next expansion or two given the clear trends that that one dude data mined from web traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    If it is so easy you are making it in time though. 35k characters out of millions of players is nothing too, the best part that number is wrong too. 18,237 characters have finished 15s, half your number. Now you are moving the goal posts too. A post ago it was 17s are easy, now it is 15s are easy for the good players. We can stick with just 15 and expand on that though. Depending on the spec or class people play they are just shit out of luck. 83 bears, 43 feral druids, 16 SV hunters, 53 arms warriors, 14 sub rogues, 50 fire mages, 17 arcane, 52 enhance shammies, 87 affliction locks so on and so forth. Now I am sure the rebuttal now will be switch specs which than lines up DK which if you don't want to go blood you might as well not try or DH which is the opposite it is dps or don't bother.
    You got the numbers wrong my guy. You're looking at TIMED runs instead of all completed runs.

According to raider.io 33804 unique characters have completed a +15 key in season 2, and the only reason I talked about +15 in my earlier post is because it's much easier to get the stats for +15 instead of +17.

If you're a mage player, why would you play arcane in dungeons if you're able to opt into playing frost? Why as a rogue player why would you play sub if you can play sin/outlaw?

The reason you see such small numbers for suboptimal specs is because these players are not complete retards and they are able to play more than one spec of their class. The number for suboptimal specs is not low because it's mathematically impossible for these specs to complete a dungeon at +15 or higher, it's because the players who are able to complete a +15 or higher will most of the time play the best performing spec.

Around 1500 guilds are 3/9 mythic right now, so that's around 35k players if you also count the bench. Good players killed the first 3 bosses in an hour or two so I wouldn't consider these players good but still the same amount of players have been able to complete a +15 key. Which proves my point that it's incredibly EASY. Push the +15 into a +17 and it's a little more challenging but still easy.