Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Second Accuser for Leutenent Gov. Justin Fairfax comes forward with rape allegation

https://wjla.com/news/local/second-w...airfax-of-rape

RICHMOND, Va. (ABC7) — Amongst the week of scandal, lawyers alleged Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax raped a classmate at Duke University in 2000.

The law firm representing the woman sent a letter in detail with the allegations to Virginia state lawmakers, further plunging the Commonwealth into chaos.

"We serve as counsel for Meredith Watson, who was raped by Justin Fairfax in 2000, while they were both students at Duke University. Mr. Fairfax’s attack was premeditated and aggressive. The two were friends but never dated or had any romantic relationship," the letter states. "Ms. Watson shared her account of the rape with friends in a series of emails and Facebook messages that are now in our possession. Additionally, we have statements from former classmates corroborating that Ms. Watson immediately told friends that Mr. Fairfax had raped her."

RICHMOND, Va. (ABC7) — Amongst the week of scandal, lawyers alleged Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax raped a classmate at Duke University in 2000.

The law firm representing the woman sent a letter in detail with the allegations to Virginia state lawmakers, further plunging the Commonwealth into chaos.

"We serve as counsel for Meredith Watson, who was raped by Justin Fairfax in 2000, while they were both students at Duke University. Mr. Fairfax’s attack was premeditated and aggressive. The two were friends but never dated or had any romantic relationship," the letter states. "Ms. Watson shared her account of the rape with friends in a series of emails and Facebook messages that are now in our possession. Additionally, we have statements from former classmates corroborating that Ms. Watson immediately told friends that Mr. Fairfax had raped her."
    ADVERTISING

The law firm representing Watson have notified Fairfax through his attorneys in hopes that he will resign from office.

This is the second woman to accuse Lt. Gov. Fairfax of sexual assault.

This is a developing story.

- - - Updated - - -

Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

He should resign... A long with the Governor, Secretary of State and Speaker of the House.

Neither racism or sexual assault/harassment is acceptable in our government.

This shouldn't be a Liberal vs Conservative or Democrat vs Republican thing. Do the right thing.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-02-08 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Second? Not sure I ever heard of a first. Not have I ever even heard of this Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax. Should I have?
    Its been all over the national news for about a week now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    He should resign... A long with the Governor, Secretary of State and Speaker of the House.

Neither racism or sexual assault/harassment is acceptable in our government.
    He will be the first to resign, then the AG mark Herring. Northram will stay in place and leave the Dem party and go Independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Its been all over the national news for about a week now
    To be fair, Governor Northam's desperate flailing has kind of overshadowed it a bit.

He will be the first to resign, then the AG mark Herring. Northram will stay in place and leave the Dem party and go Independent.
    It would be absurd for Northam to stay after badly trying to weasel his way out of bullshit somebody called him on, while Herring resigns after voluntarily admitting to his own failings and owning up to how stupid and insensitive it was.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2019-02-08 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    To be fair, Governor Northam's desperate flailing has kind of overshadowed it a bit.

It would be absurd for Northam to stay after badly trying to weasel his way out of bullshit somebody called him on, while Harris resigns after voluntarily admitting to his own failings and owning up to how stupid and insensitive it was.
    Northram will stay out of spite and because his wife is telling him too. Unless he gets recalled he cant be forced. Herring and Fairfax political careers are over. There is a way for Herring and Fairfax to quit and allow their replacements to step in that keeps the line of succession in the hands of the dems

Northram will stay out of spite and because his wife is telling him too. Unless he gets recalled he cant be forced. Herring and Fairfax political careers are over. There is a way for Herring and Fairfax to quit and allow their replacements to step in that keeps the line of succession in the hands of the dems
    Fairfax is out for sure. I think if Herring was going to resign, though, he'd have done it straight away. Remember, he didn't apologize because someone leaked an old photo; he did so proactively. Whether or not he has a job after this I can't say, but I expect that absent any other revelations he'll probably stay put. Fairfax is absolutely done, though, and Northam might eventually cave to public pressure and resign. Frankly, he should've just done what Herring did and owned his own stupidity from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Fairfax is out for sure. I think if Herring was going to resign, though, he'd have done it straight away. Remember, he didn't apologize because someone leaked an old photo; he did so proactively. Whether or not he has a job after this I can't say, but I expect that absent any other revelations he'll probably stay put. Fairfax is absolutely done, though, and Northam might eventually cave to public pressure and resign. Frankly, he should've just done what Herring did and owned his own stupidity from the get-go.
    Northram is a 1 term Governor any way. he had planned on retiring after his 1 term. So he has no real reason to resign and just stay oin office and be a lame duck. he wont be able to do anything. The DNC will probably push Herring to resign, for reasons i stated above. They might offer him a deal of some kind. Fairfax is toast and it looks like another accuser is waiting in the wings and the Boston D. A office has not ruled out a investigation.

The Virginia Dems didnt push for Herring and Fairfax to quit because they didnt want to loose power. Now they have a way they might be able to keep it but with this shit hsow growing by the day, its going to be a lose / lose situation for Virginia dems. This is also a massive blow to the #metoo movement that they started. Dems knew a year ago or more about the allegations against Fairfax and the media and Dems sat on it and did nothing . It is going tocreate a rift between the Dems and the militant #metoo movement
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2019-02-08 at 10:36 PM.

Is it his wife who had to explain that it was inappropriate for him to moonwalk at a press conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Is it his wife who had to explain that it was inappropriate for him to moonwalk at a press conference?
    Yes. That was her. She has a reputation as being a bit like Hillary

10+ Year Old Account
    If he's qualified to be on the Supreme Court, he's qualified to be Lt. Governor.

Sorry. I don't make the rules.

Nothing will amuse me more than the fact Trump Supporters only give a shit about sexual misconduct allegations when it’s levied against democrats. Either way if it’s true then fuck that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If he's qualified to be on the Supreme Court, he's qualified to be Lt. Governor.

Sorry. I don't make the rules.
    There is quite a lot of difference between the 2. One is the age of the allegations . Two is the accusers seem to actually have some evidence of it. Not just vague recollections and "witnesses" who dont remember ever hearing about it

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Nothing will amuse me more than the fact Trump Supporters only give a shit about sexual misconduct allegations when it’s levied against democrats. Either way if it’s true then fuck that guy.
    Why are you dragging politics into this? Anyway, rape is a serious charge, but I'm sure a full and fair investigation will be done before anyone condemns Mr. Fairfax, just like with Justice Kavanaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Why are you dragging politics into this? Anyway, rape is a serious charge, but I'm sure a full and fair investigation will be done before anyone condemns Mr. Fairfax, just like with Justice Kavanaugh.
    Fairfax didnt help his case when he said the other day to the Washington Post " Fuck that bitch" . He was also a big supporter of #believeallwomen

And now the Big name Virginia Dems are calling for him to resign. He is done politically . And he was al ready to move into the Governors Mansion IN Richmond too.
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2019-02-08 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Everything is politics, kiddo.

Investigate him fully, completely and thoroughly.

Just like should have happened with Kavanaugh.

No criminals in the government, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Investigate him fully, completely and thoroughly.

Just like should have happened with Kavanaugh.

No criminals in the government, please.
    Unless one of his accusers files criminal charges, I dont see a investigation happening unless there is a civil suit . He doesn't have to worry about campaigning now, he is done politically. And he was Virginia Dems next bright shinning star that they were going to run for Governor . This is going to make 2020 elections interesting as VA is a swing state

- - - Updated - - -

“Kaneedreck Adams, 40, who attended Duke with Watson, said that in the spring of 2000, when they lived across from each other in on-campus apartments, Watson came to her crying. “She was upset,” Adams, an attorney, said. “She told me she had been raped and she named Justin.”

“She said she couldn’t speak, but she was trying to get up and he kept pushing her down,” Adams. “She said he knew that she didn’t like what was happening, but he kept pushing her down.”

The alleged attack happened at fraternity house, Adams said.”

Full, thorough, independent investigation. If they turn up evidence corroborating the women's stories then he needs to immediately resign. If not then it's up to Fairfax and the Virginia Democratic Party/Virginia voters to figure out what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Full, thorough, independent investigation. If they turn up evidence corroborating the women's stories then he needs to immediately resign. If not then it's up to Fairfax and the Virginia Democratic Party/Virginia voters to figure out what to do.
    You know its bad when Terry McAuliffe says you should resign

Delegate Patrick Hope is now saying if Fairfax does not resign by Monday he will introduce articles of impeachment
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2019-02-08 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he was a Republican he'd be in DC right now.

Resident Cosplay Progressive