Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    Well, the thread was started after the (confirmed) rumors of layoffs and how it would affect the quality of Blizzard games (Since this is the World of Warcraft forums, with a focus on WoW). It has now been confirmed that WoW will receive an increased development budget, so that should lay the thread to rest... Unless... Starting the thread by talking about the layoffs was just a thinly veiled attempt at a new angle on ye olde "I don't like the recent design choices" thread... No, surely not, noone would do that.
    How much of a budget did Destiny 1 get?

How did it go?

Right.

And as far as I've read, the post quoted talks about "losing their way", "their trademark high production *values*". Afaik, that still applies, no matter how much money you throw at a subpar product.

Quote Originally Posted by Balawulf View Post
    How much of a budget did Destiny 1 get?

How did it go?

Right.

And as far as I've read, the post quoted talks about "losing their way", "their trademark high production *values*". Afaik, that still applies, no matter how much money you throw at a subpar product.
    I should've ended my post a /s, sarcasm never translates well on to text, that's on me.
    My point being that OP is quite obviously someone who is not happy with the design choices Blizzard made and the new of layoffs potentially affecting WoW was an excellent excuse to air these grievances. If OP just wanted to talk about how WoW has lost it's way, why even mention the layoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Do you get off on trashing MoP? Is it more enjoyable when you make up things as well?
    I'm sorry for making things up, I meant 30% of the player base lost in one expansion, from start to finish, mitigated only by the ad campaign of WOD:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Except MoP was the only expansion to have consistent sub numbers after the initial drop.
    Oh really? And where did you graduate in reading graphs? College of upsy turvey land?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Is that opinion or fact?

No one wanted that expansion? Again, is that opinion or fact?

No one really knows what the numbers are. Yes, Blizzard posted their active subs in the past. They also mentioned Blizzard had 100 millions accounts. Not all active of course and I do not if those includes the trial accounts or paid account.

So all these are just opinions based on limited information and people's own interpretation.
    It's fact:

Moderation Edit Note: You don't need to post the same graph 3 times.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-02-13 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post

Oh really? And where did you graduate in reading graphs? College of upsy turvey land?

Except it clearly stabilized with the consistent patch updates and dropped from the initial dip. Go hate MoP somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Except it clearly stabilized with the consistent patch updates and dropped from the initial dip. Go hate MoP somewhere else.
    Although i dont agree with the MoP hate, i quite liked it, the graph does clearly show a dramatic drop off over the first 1/3 of the expac, before (as you point out) stabilizing for the middle 1/3, but again, it drops off further before the WoD hype-train kicked into gear. The idea being that most who were unhappy with mop had already left very quickly in that first 1/3.

However, if you were to look a the bigger picture it could be quite easily argued that this decline actually was a continuation of the decline throughout Cata - an expac that many now praise. A lot of the time, statistics are not important, but instead how we interpret them is what matters. Someone could argue that ppl were unhappy with class changes in Cata, and hung on for as long as they could before finally accepting they were bored, and moving on.

The only stable period i see is during Wrath, sure, a slight increase, but pretty steady. Obviously, it would be amazing to see how things look now, but blizzard is withholding that information from the public, and i dont want to get into some drawn out argument over 'why'.

I do think the news of putting more Devs onto wow is amazing, although they did that for WoD, with a doubling (??) of devs working on the game, and many consider that the worst expac. That is pretty subjective though so i wont get into that, but yeah, more cooks doesnt always mean a tastier meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The crash of the big publishers is starting, the indie devs are pulling the market away from them quite quickly and it is exciting! I find myself buying more and more indie games and their quality and polish is on par with the big devs and publisher titles and they have far less people and overhead cost.
    So much nonsense.

Maybe when there will be real issue with the game and not because so much people (yeah right, the 100 haters on this forums) say Blizzard "lost their way" as if they completely know what going on, even if it's been proving time and time again when an actual dev talk that the haters do not know how the game industry work.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this as the news has moved on and there are other threads for the new news.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."