Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    No. She is alliance, therefor she is weak. Nathanos is undead abomination and you cannot stop that.
    you can with nice writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Sure buddy, your LFR hero is worthless.
    my character was openly stated to almost rival Illidan.

you're telling me this b*** man that has a bow and a few arrows who got a bit of power from Valkyr's who couldn't even give him all of their powers surpasses me, Tyrande and Malfurion???

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH xD

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    And nice writing is "nice" when you like it. Otherwise, it's not nice writing when you don't like it
    we people in the west don't like anything

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Sylvanas achieving apotheosis and becoming a Helya-equivalent for the Forsaken who ensures they don't burn in hell when they die is something I'd unironically support. It'd mean the Forsaken don't have to change and can maintain their current identity, it means she's finally out of the plot without some hamhanded redemption story where she realizes the glory of human potential. Sure, it'd be awful for her in-story opposition, but fuck 'em, they're a lost cause. It won't happen though because it flies in the face of the message about muh honor they're shoving down our throats.
    That kind of story i could support as well, because it could be interesting and would make sense. Helya is still alive and her power is growing, as we know from the Island Expeditions. And its still open what kind of deal Sylvanas agreed to. But i think its pretty obvious that Sylvanas soul will go to Helya instead of the place, where she met Arthas soul after her death in Icecrown. And it would definitely fit Sylvanas to have plans to usurp Helya's position then. Although Sylvanas might plan that anyway, without dying. Using the Horde to build up her own undead force, ditch the Horde when its no longer useful to her and usurp Helya.

But i fear worse from writers like Golden and Afrasiabi. More like redemption for her in the eyes of every living being on Azeroth, becoming the benevolent and loved Death Goddess of all races. Anduin's Light will free her eventually. *shudders* Because if Sylvanas isn't the leader of the Forsaken anymore and the worst happens and Calia Menethil becomes the leader of the Forsaken, they will turn into Light Forsaken and might not even go into when they die.

Your question is upside down. The correct question is:

Could Nathanos beat Tyrande in the actual lore?

Answer of course not... Blizz "story telling" screwing up all the established lore characters' power levels kind fucks up the whole
    feel of the world.

But according to Danuser, Tyrande and Malf weren't even in Warcraft, so... maybe they are total news to him, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt really matter since nathanos is usually accomplished with the player, who would wipe the floor with tyrande and malfurion combined.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    But according to Danuser, Tyrande and Malf weren't even in Warcraft, so... maybe they are total news to him, who knows.
    Wait, really???

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Wait, really???
    Haven't you seen the last Live Developer broadcast with Danuser and Gregory? He was boasting about how Jaina is a character from back in WC 3 (didn't mention Tyrande and Malf) and stuff, and then he went on about the Darkshore scenario how Malf and Tyrande were so "savage" and he was like "We didn't even know they could be like that...", like what the actual fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    That kind of story i could support as well, because it could be interesting and would make sense. Helya is still alive and her power is growing, as we know from the Island Expeditions. And its still open what kind of deal Sylvanas agreed to. But i think its pretty obvious that Sylvanas soul will go to Helya instead of the place, where she met Arthas soul after her death in Icecrown. And it would definitely fit Sylvanas to have plans to usurp Helya's position then. Although Sylvanas might plan that anyway, without dying. Using the Horde to build up her own undead force, ditch the Horde when its no longer useful to her and usurp Helya.

But i fear worse from writers like Golden and Afrasiabi. More like redemption for her in the eyes of every living being on Azeroth, becoming the benevolent and loved Death Goddess of all races. Anduin's Light will free her eventually. *shudders* Because if Sylvanas isn't the leader of the Forsaken anymore and the worst happens and Calia Menethil becomes the leader of the Forsaken, they will turn into Light Forsaken and might not even go into when they die.
    Calia is the worst case scenario. Even Redeemed Sylvanas is better than Calia. Both belong in the trash though. Sylvanas especially should be given the Garrosh treatment in that when she dies she needs to take one of the insufferable pansies in opposition to her with her and drive him into a pit of depression following which he drops off of the plot.

As for the usurpation plot, yeah, that's the broad strokes of what I had in mind. Sylvanas would still be ultimately selfish, but she would end up benefitting the Forsaken in the process and with her existence and theirs secured, she can drop out of the spotlight and allow someone to take over the Forsaken, who can quickly bin the BTS-era retcons.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Haven't you seen the last Live Developer broadcast with Danuser and Gregory? He was boasting about how Jaina is a character from back in WC 3 (didn't mention Tyrande and Malf) and stuff, and then he went on about the Darkshore scenario how Malf and Tyrande were so "savage" and he was like "We didn't even know they could be like that...", like what the actual fuck...
    LFMAO It's a good thing I didn't watch it.

It explains a lot now.

I'm afraid for WC3 now.

They'll also give more spotlight to Sylvanas and Jaina.

I don't hate them but I had enough of them in WoW.

I hope that guy isn't on WC3.

Is it possible that Nathanos got a bit of a power-up during the Blood Ritual that restored his body? He should still lose the fight of course (and did), but that may have come with a little more resilience than you'd expect from the average undead ranger.

“Power levels are bullshit.” Vegeta, DBZA
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Yes she can, easily.

Unfortunately Blizzards writers method of deciding fights is rolling dice with random keywords on them to see who fights who and who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Yes she can, easily.

Unfortunately Blizzards writers method of deciding fights is rolling dice with random keywords on them to see who fights who and who wins.
    Harlan Sweete

"The actual lore" is whatever they write. So if Tyrande beats Nathanos it will be cannon within the lore and thus prove it to be. If the other ways goes, than no, it means she cannot. Until this story happens in "the actual" all you can do is speculate.

he was empowered by fodder Valkyrs that no one even heard about.

it surpasses an amp from Elune who can defend you from the likes of Archimonde so I guess it makes perfect sense... for current Bllizzard team.
    the bold shows you haven't been paying attention. Valkyr have basically been part of the backbone of bolstering forsaken ranks and keeping Sylvanas on this mortal plane for when the writers decided to make her plot armor not matter for stupid reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    the bold shows you haven't been paying attention. Valkyr have basically been part of the backbone of bolstering forsaken ranks and keeping Sylvanas on this mortal plane for when the writers decided to make her plot armor not matter for stupid reasons.
    oh I know they resurrect people.

outside of that, they are shit.

that's my point comparing it to amped Tyrande and Malfurion.

so she has only one Valkyr then???

Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    No matter how you try to defend this garbage writing, Nathanos is a nobody compare to Tyrande and Malfurion. Empowered by Valkyr is a bs reason. They are not that OP against Empowered by Elune Tyrande and Malfurion. Even at the beginning he was not empowered by anything and after a lot of negative feedbacks they made those nonsense reasons. It is a forced-lore, nothing else. You will only embarrass yourself by defending this horribly written scenario. The main purpose of Darkshore event was just a weak plot to keep the night elf fans playing this game. However even in that scenario Sylvanas fanboy cancers like Danuser didn't waste time to pollute the story with their fanboyism.
    I never said that Nathanos was anything else, so a bit odd to say I'm embarrassing myself when you somehow missed that.

I mean, even what you quoted clearly says what I'm saying. It's faulty to claim that the val'kyrs were nobodies.

And yet both Tirion and Odyn considered Val'kyrs enough of a challenge to test people.

the nature of their powers isn't fully explored but it is implied they do more than just raise the dead

unexplored or cut story just leaves it open rather than leaving it as a limit. I don't really think their lack of usage means a weakness but rather may be more related to how few are actually available with no way to replicate.
    "amped" malfurion hasn't done anything except revert to bearform (a form he's never shown affinity for and derided for it due to mental ability associated while in it... but i guess some of that got retconned at some point. His super enhanced bearmode has only shown him root a mook and maul a couple chumps. Tyrande though is super charged and the writers are having a hard time trying to show it off with any decent context.

I mena I get that NAthanos hasn't been a 'normal' undead ranger since his ritual body stealing event where he got magically enhanced physical strength and is now basically the same as wrath era deathknights but with ranger training and Valkyr... really need more explanations on what they do besides fly around and raise forsaken/sylvanas (and why Sylvanas requires them to sacrifice themselves but others don't)
    I don't think the writers are keeping track of this anymore

Nathanos "Danuser" the Blightcaller is no regular forsaken. He has been gifted with the godly powers of human potential. He had to get a new body to contain such powers. He is a humanforged forsaken now.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    "amped" malfurion hasn't done anything except revert to bearform (a form he's never shown affinity for and derided for it due to mental ability associated while in it... but i guess some of that got retconned at some point. His super enhanced bearmode has only shown him root a mook and maul a couple chumps. Tyrande though is super charged and the writers are having a hard time trying to show it off with any decent context.
    what can we say, dude roles tank now

Malfurion is a disappointed ever since his shit in Legion.

I had some hopes when I first saw that cinematic but in the end, it was a disappointment.

damn, I hate faction lore stuff.