Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Helya was a titan keeper and the favored servant of Odyn. She was strong enough that Ra'den collaborated with her to create the elemental planes. Her magic created the Halls of Valor.
    No.. Odyn is a Titan Keeper, Helya was a val'kyr --> https://wow.gamepedia.com/Helya
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Helya was a titan keeper and the favored servant of Odyn. She was strong enough that Ra'den collaborated with her to create the elemental planes. Her magic created the Halls of Valor.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No.. Odyn is a Titan Keeper, Helya was a val'kyr --> https://wow.gamepedia.com/Helya
    Helya was a Titanforged Watcher before she became the first Val'kyr - she was a powerful sorceress as well as whatever other powers come with being a Watcher, and she did assist Odyn and Ra'den in the creation of both the Elemental Planes as well as the Halls of Valor. Odyn turned her into the first Val'kyr (against her will) as means to enact his plans with the Valarjar.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Helya was a Titanforged Watcher before she became the first Val'kyr - she was a powerful sorceress as well as whatever other powers come with being a Watcher, and she did assist Odyn and Ra'den in the creation of both the Elemental Planes as well as the Halls of Valor. Odyn turned her into the first Val'kyr (against her will) as means to enact his plans with the Valarjar.
    But she was never a Titan Keeper.. Watchers are a tier or two lower than Keepers..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    But she was never a Titan Keeper.. Watchers are a tier or two lower than Keepers..
    I didn't say she was - she was among the most powerful of Watchers, but definitely below a Keeper in terms of authority if not raw power itself. But she was more than just "a Val'kyr" as well, she was previously their queen and progenitor.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I mean she was clearly powerful enough to contain Odyn in the Halls of Valor indefinitely and Odyn was supposedly the strongest of the Keepers.
    I think Ra was the strongest of the Keepers, at the end of the day. Odyn himself just outplayed by Helya (aided by Loken) - he could've destroyed Helya in one-to-one combat in all likelihood, but she was able to outsmart and trap him in her own creation before that could come to pass. Power alone isn't always the final say when it comes to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    (...). It gives the Alliance a win, has the same end result, since the two bints can be raised earlier on and it allows Sylvanas a modicum of depth by giving some of her lifeline away to save her boytoy.
    I actually wonder if she'd do it. Sacrifice one of them for him. I'd be an interesting scene to have his soul/spirit whatever linger around his corpse, invisible, and Sylvanas discussing reraising him, and she just goes 'nah, I can find more loyal servents anytime.' He could fade into nothingness with a silent 'Now I am truly forsaken...'

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I actually wonder if she'd do it. Sacrifice one of them for him. I'd be an interesting scene to have his soul/spirit whatever linger around his corpse, invisible, and Sylvanas discussing reraising him, and she just goes 'nah, I can find more loyal servents anytime.' He could fade into nothingness with a silent 'Now I am truly forsaken...'
    I do think she'd do it, since she was willing to risk one of her val'kyr just to give him a snazzier body, but whatever the answer, it'd mean character development for at least one of them. If she would do it, it shows she's not entire 1-dimensional. If she wouldn't do it, it allows Nathanos to step out of her shadow. It's all done now, but it'd have given the Horde a character element there instead of just fighting the night elves.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Yes. Nathanos isn't empowered by supernatural means. On top of that, Tyrande is two classes in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I do think she'd do it, since she was willing to risk one of her val'kyr just to give him a snazzier body, but whatever the answer, it'd mean character development for at least one of them. If she would do it, it shows she's not entire 1-dimensional. If she wouldn't do it, it allows Nathanos to step out of her shadow. It's all done now, but it'd have given the Horde a character element there instead of just fighting the night elves.
    She knew the Val'kyr will survive, that is why she did(besides of having another powerful champion since all the forsakens are pretty weak without numbers or the blight). The real question is about how far would she go to get victory, for example if she has to sacrifice her remaining val'kyr to resurrect some powerful being and unleash it into the alliance, would she pay that price? Nathanos dying will just trigger her or show more mustache moments from ours marvelous writers and probably he won't be resurrected since another topic of bfa is killing more horde characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself