Mythic Dungeons Question

I last played World of Warcraft back when warlords of draenor released. Ive been hearing a lot about mythic dungeons. The only reason im bringing this topic up is because im an old player thats wants to get back into WoW, im more so waiting for classic to come out. But anyways i was always a competitive player and i love competition i was always a fan of the arena tournament especially back in the old days when it was MLG. But this new mythic stuff if i read correctly. It seems like they have a competitive side for raiding now not just the general regular and heroic mode. I was pretty sure that i read that at Blizzcon they had two of the best raid teams compete against each other.

Is mythic dungeons like a new style of competitive play now for World of Warcraft now or did mythic just come out recently? because it seems interesting

Mythic+ dungeons aren't raids. They're 5man and they get harder the higher the key - think of challenge mode but instead of scaling down gear, the dungeons scale up and your gear stays like it is. Even though Blizzard wants them to be competitive, they still haven't put any ranking system in game.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2019-02-11 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    Mythic+ dungeons aren't raids. They're 5man and they get harder the higher the key - think of challenge mode but instead of scaling down gear, the dungeons scale up and your gear stays like it is. Even though Blizzard wants them to be competitive, they still haven't put any ranking system in game.
    Their is a Weekly tanking system on wow own homepage. Just not an advance one like raider.io that make every run into a point system. But all the data raider.io gets are from the API data.