Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Tbh I like focusing my Ui around my healing bars as I do tend to stare at them the majority of the encounter. So I would move them to just below your character instead of slightly off to the left which also seems to obstruct the view of the left hand side of the screen. Then theres your tmw or weakauras, they are very important Even if you know your spell timings its very easy to miss them or get 1 less spell cast out during a fight. So they should also be fairly central on your screen as yours are in the video above. I like these just above my healing frames.
    As others have mentioned audio makes watching certain abilities just trivial. I can't remember which addon it is but one of mine literally calls out an ability that a mob in mythic+ or what is happening in a raid without me even knowing the mob is there

A clean UI is a good start, also try to watch videos of the fight, that helps a lot in awereness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    [SNIP]
    Hey,

https://iam.yellingontheinternet.com...acticed-skill/

Is a fantastic article written by Hamlet to read on this, It's still very much as relevant now as it was back then.

Enjoy

Edit: I see it already showed up in this thread, not surprised. Was the first thing that came to mind after reading this title.
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2019-02-14 at 10:02 PM.

So finally, the question is how can improve this? How can someone be better at deal with not just dodging bad stuff, but handle overlapping mechanics on the fly. I play a healer role by the way so I the hard part balancing my attention on watching healthbars, my cooldowns, timers and whats going on around my character.
    Well, usually watching the timers helps a lot, so if you're already doing that you should already know what you're dying to. Unless you're not paying enough attention to them.

I guess prioritize yourself more. It's common for healers to watch their own health as just another box in the raid frames. But you can't heal anyone if you're dead, so heal yourself first. Even if the tanks are hurting, rely on the rest of the healers to keep them alive if you need to heal yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi there.

So I am in a quite a good raiding guild now and I enjoy raiding with them quite a lot. I have always been seen on as quite good raider. No one ever picked on my skills during my 13 years of semi hardcore raiding.

However, I keep analyzing our logs from raiding and the most interesting section to me is the bottom part of the death section. I find myself on progression sometimes in the lower half part of the people when it comes to staying alive. I average around 80-90%. Which means I am alive 80-90% of entire evening of raiding while we are in combat on bosses. The upper better part of the guild are more in the 85-95% area.

I would like to improve this. I do prepare quite a lot for the fights. Watch movies beforehand, like Fatboss, Stankie guides. I read up on the abilities etc. I still end up like 2-3 dying to really stupid things during progression. I hate letting my guild down or halting them, though I have never been told I am doing so.

So finally, the question is how can improve this? How can someone be better at deal with not just dodging bad stuff, but handle overlapping mechanics on the fly. I play a healer role by the way so I the hard part balancing my attention on watching healthbars, my cooldowns, timers and whats going on around my character.

Thanks in advance for any advice that helps me be a better gamer.
    As others have said, a clean UI is very important. I swear by ElvUI and am fanatical about my clutter free UI.
    Also DBM (any raider not using this is not a raider IMO) WITH GTFO. GTFO is awesome to help let you know when you are in bad.
    I have played with guildies who hated it because they said it was annoying due to it always going off LOL. This was because they are bads and always standing in crap of course. Apart from a clean UI and DBM with GTFO there is not much else to it besides paying attention.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

the biggest thing is before every pull mentally go through a checklist of things that could kill you and actually think about how you're going to avoid it.

for example on opulence if you are on left side, you will think to yourself "ok, if i get volatile, what i will do is i will find a spot at the corner, then i will watch the boss (for crush direction) and my health bar ONLY and be ready to use cds/healthstone/healthpot if i drop low. if i get a bad combo like crush on top of me/volatile or volatile with fire lazer, i will use my immunity. all the while i will do as well on my rotation as i can without looking at my bars".

practice glancing at DBM timers occasionally. practice making weakauras quickly. again an example on opulence is i have a weakaura for Hex of Lethargy where the icon pops up and then a goat noise repeats every 0.5 seconds until the debuff is dispelled. i never miss the fact that i have Hex of Lethargy.

so first is to mentally review the deadly mechanics to you, and second is to mentally prepare for how you will deal with them. as a healer, the third thing to do is to mentally review when you will use your CDs.

if you find you are dying often, try playing more conservatively. instead of trying to maximize time spent casting, just accept having some downtime and some weaker parses to stay alive.

also on that death chart you mentioned, make sure you are putting in to the "Ignore after [ ] players have died" some number like 3 or 4. you might see the %s change a bit since if a wipe is called and you insta go stand in flames whereas some other scumbag is trying to boost his score on the meters he might have better % than you.

Lots of good advice in the thread.

Or just play MW. Two big defensives on 90s cooldown, insane mobility/recover moves, passive self-healing from your raid healing abilities. This should not be an excuse for not planning mechanics and positioning but actually... if you fail at it most of the time you can survive it. Or use those tools in the planning to make things easier for you (and your raid).