The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account

Is Mythic Blackrock Foundry still like Molten Core?

All during Legion, I farmed mythic BRF for transmog on different alts. Legacy Loot mode came along with BFA and armor tokens changed for this raid. Instead of an armor token being dropped from bosses with multiple classes on it, I started to get class armor pieces. So instead of a "Rogue/DK/Mage/Druid" token for instance, I would get a Druid class armor item. It seems like it changed to a Vanilla style of drop where there were only class pieces and no tokens. This makes farming for transmog terrible. Instead of a 1 in 3 chance (3 different armor tokens possible), it is now a 1 in 12 chance (12 different classes) to get an item my character can use. 33% chance is now a 8% chance. The only saving grace is the token off of Guldan to turn in for an armor piece. Is this the way it is still going in mythic BRF now?

I don't think I quite understand. Are you asking if M BRF is dropping your specific tier armor pieces instead of the tokens for it instead now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Metrox is saying instead of the tokens dropping, that were for multiple classes, specific set items are now dropping instead (not necessarily for your class, if I understood it correct).

If I misunderstood please correct me.

If I did understand, this is the first I've heard of it. I myself don't do Mythic BRF so I wouldn't know, but it doesn't sound like something they'd change without saying, so maybe it's not intended? But who knows...

Blackhand himself still drops tokens which can be used to create set items for your class. You have to hand them in in Talador, tho. Besides that, yeah, set pieces are dropping from the other bosses.

No idea when such changes happened but I got my tier shoulder token off of the train boss in mythic BRF back in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zwergerl View Post
    Blackhand himself still drops tokens which can be used to create set items for your class. You have to hand them in in Talador, tho. Besides that, yeah, set pieces are dropping from the other bosses.
    But are you getting mage tier items as a paladin for example? Assuming Nerph-'s interpretation is correct.

Wasnt taht the case for MC like always? I really dont remember getting tokens off MC. Can confirm that late Legion it still dropped tokens, didnt chaeck in BFA tho

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    Wasnt taht the case for MC like always? I really dont remember getting tokens off MC. Can confirm that late Legion it still dropped tokens, didnt chaeck in BFA tho
    Yeah, OP is just comparing the current situation to MC. MC always dropped set pieces, the token system hadn't been implemented yet.

I just killed mythic Blackhand a couple of hours ago and got a multiclass tier token drop from him. I haven't killed any other bosses in forever because all I want is the mount.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    I just killed mythic Blackhand a couple of hours ago and got a multiclass tier token drop from him. I haven't killed any other bosses in forever because all I want is the mount.
    Only Blackhand drop tokens. The other tier bosses drop set items
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to all who replied!! You provided me with the answers that I needed. To answer a couple of questions from above folks:
    1. Yes ...... my warlock has gotten mage set gear, dk set gear, and so on as drops in mythic BRF since BFA started. It is just like running Molten Core/BWL etc now except for the last boss.

2. I did submit several bug tickets when I first noticed this happening and the most I ever got in reply was "we will look into this, but there are a lot of pressing issues in this expansion with more priority".

3. I did make the error of calling the last boss in the raid Guldan (which was the set I was trying to transmog) and it should have been Blackhand. He still drops the "essence" tier token which can be used for any armor slot if you are on that token.

Again, Thank you very much to all above posters!!

I like having the tokens drop. They sell for more than the individual pieces of armor do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was sometime ago in BRF normal and i can confirm. Armor sets from specific bosses drops, and tokens what gives quests as well from Blackhand. Otherwise yep there is legacy loot mode, so you can loot whatever you want.

Of course with small portion of RNG.