Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Warmode is actually pretty great!

Getting tired of all of the continual negativity towards Warmode. I actually think it's great and have a lot of fun with it turned on. I find that a lot of the players I know in game have a lot of fun with it too. It makes the world always seem more alive and dangerous.

So much spontaneous fun can develop from it, from the push and pull of raids being formed to fight each other at incursions, to random battles when people try and gank you when you're fighting a rare, to having loot crate battles - stalling players long enough or more of your own faction to get there to help you win the crate.

Sure, doing a lvl 400 item in mythic progress week was a bit of a silly move (which even Blizzard admitted) and there's probably a few tweaks that can improve the QoL for players with it a bit (maybe making flight masters annihilate people ganking there) but all in all, it's good fun.

Who else is enjoying it? What tweaks would you want to see? What fun stories do you have to share?

This past week I even ended up in a battle at Sha of Anger, as people kept net-ganking all the fliers there and it all descended into madness.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I love warmode, i would only want 2 things to be added to it.

A long term reward structure.
    Quests that incentivize solo world pvp.

I really want to login everyday and embark on an adventure of hunting the other faction with rewards at the end...of 1 month farming.

Would enjoy warmode more if there was no bonus reward tied to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Getting tired of all of the continual negativity towards Warmode. I actually think it's great and have a lot of fun with it turned on. I find that a lot of the players I know in game have a lot of fun with it too. It makes the world always seem more alive and dangerous.

So much spontaneous fun can develop from it, from the push and pull of raids being formed to fight each other at incursions, to random battles when people try and gank you when you're fighting a rare, to having loot crate battles - stalling players long enough or more of your own faction to get there to help you win the crate.

Sure, doing a lvl 400 item in mythic progress week was a bit of a silly move (which even Blizzard admitted) and there's probably a few tweaks that can improve the QoL for players with it a bit (maybe making flight masters annihilate people ganking there) but all in all, it's good fun.

Who else is enjoying it? What tweaks would you want to see? What fun stories do you have to share?

This past week I even ended up in a battle at Sha of Anger, as people kept net-ganking all the fliers there and it all descended into madness.
    So, what we had before with PvP/PvE realms

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

LOL forming raids to counter those groups?

More like being put on a different shard when you have a raid to counter them and suddenly there are no more enemies. Yes, great fucking system.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post

I really want to login everyday and embark on an adventure of hunting the other faction with rewards at the end...of 1 month farming.
    Yeah all this and I'd want them to add some war mode specific objectives (like we had in each outland zone... but better)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Warmode + Assaults is a good combination that needs to be iterated on to remove various cheese crap like spawn killing. All in all this particular combination was the most fun I had in wPvP for many many years.

Warmode is garbage. It would be good if they remove PvE bonuses from it (%AP and such). This way only players actually interested in this crap will turn it on instead of forcing players that don't give a single fuck about PvP to turn it on.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2019-02-03 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think that Warmode + Assaults is a good combination that needs to be iterated on to remove various cheese crap like spawn killing. All in all this particular combination was the most fun I had in wPvP for many many years.
    Agreed. Warmode and assaults is a great combination - I always join assaults just because I know they'll normally end up a chaotic fun if there's enough of the opposite faction about.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Warmode is absolute trash.

I called it from the start. It was going to be consistently unbalanced, and turn the open world into either a barren waste, or an open world BG, depending on what shard you got zoned into. That's largely how it's worked out.

What was left of organic WPvP is dead now, thanks to that dismal feature. Instead of players making interesting choices about who to attack, when etc. we're blessed with the most boring form of PvP imaginable. Is the giant raid group your faction? If so, spam whirlwind in hopes that you nick someone for the HK. If they're on the other team, have fun trying to rally general chat, or get anything done.

The one thing that warmode advocates kept saying during Beta, about warmode providing Blizzard an opportunity to balance PvP servers, turned out to be completely false.

It's an absolute shame that PvP servers had to die for this lackluster "feature."

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    LOL forming raids to counter those groups?

More like being put on a different shard when you have a raid to counter them and suddenly there are no more enemies. Yes, great fucking system.
    If you don't know how the system works, please don't bag it. Makes you look ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I really love Warmode. Its a feature that truelly belongs to thoose who really likes pvp.
    There used to be an mentality of "Its your own fault for rolling on a PVP server", even thou new players doesnt always know the concept of PVP / Normal servers. They might just joined on a server where they know someone.
    And now any server you join can be catered to you will/needs.

Right now, there are two groups of people who hates Warmode. One is gankers, they are absolute pissed off. And two is my fellow horde, for giving alliance higher reward.
    But the result of blizzard giving the players the option makes it so worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If you don't know how the system works, please don't bag it. Makes you look ignorant.
    Looks like you don't even know what sharding is.

Would rather have pvp servers than this hot garbage waste of resources, if they spent the time more wisely we could of got new skills unlocked after lvl 100, which we haven't and raid tiers with more than 9 bosses that get killed in a week.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad it took them nearly half a year to make anyone but Horde like warmode.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    All is fun, just give speed boost while dead if you were killed by more than one player. One vs one is regular speed, any additional damage (% wise, not like extra dot etc) will add some speed in the ghost form. This would make being camped by a group not a headache, since it's the only bad part about dying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its amazing, but its completely on the player and the community to make the most out of it. Which many refuse to do so, and then complain about it. I've just experienced the best WPVP I've ever experienced in World of Warcraft last week because I took initiative. Although it wasn't needed, it has made ALOT more pvp happen, that either didn't happen or was avoided altogether by players. Which I enjoy.
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2019-02-07 at 12:31 AM.

The crappy sharding system ruined it for me. Would be fighting then suddenly in another shard. Yeah, great fun that was.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The crappy sharding system ruined it for me. Would be fighting then suddenly in another shard. Yeah, great fun that was.
    It's an absolute blast to see Alliance near the boat on Zandalar, switch over to a character that I actually PvP on and.. be in a completely different shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post

I pretty much like ur idea....