Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This thread is a demonstration of why Warren needs to drop out. This also goes for other candidates like Kamala Harris, for similar reasons.

It has nothing to do with their capabilities, their records, their policy viewpoints, their political drive. The things that matter. I like a lot of these candidates, I was pushing for Warren for 2016 way back. I want her to stay in politics, in the position she's in. So don't take this as a condemnation of them as individuals, or their capabilities.

It's entirely because the American electorate is, collectively, dumb as hell. We can't discuss policy, because "POCAHONTAS" being shouted from a million stupid throats drowns it out. It doesn't matter that the accusation is stupid, or irrelevant. What matters is that it's loud, and drowns out everything else. Look at how much coverage of Warren's campaign on the media has been about A> her policy platform and what she'll be pushing for in 2020, or B> the Native American thing. Go check CNN's coverage of her announcement; this isn't even about biased media. It's that the volume of bullshit is so high the media has to cover the bullshit, and that leaves no time left over for actual, worthwhile discussion of policy and credentials.

Same for Harris and the Willie Brown thing. Is it stupid and irrelevant? Sure. Will the million stupid throats bleat about it so loudly it drowns out all intelligent discussion? Also yes.

This is how Trump won in 2016. Not because of policy or platform. Because "BUT HER EMAILS" and "BENGHAZI" and "LOCK HER UP" were easy for morons to chant in packs and drown out all policy discussion.

So don't give the bleating mass of sheep a stupid ready-made attack vector. Find a candidate without any skeletons in their closet, no matter how obviously stupid and irrelevant those skeletons may be.

The only reason Warren and Harris should be running is to get those idiot-sheep bleating, and then cut their legs out from under them by withdrawing. The sheep aren't smart enough to switch gears once they're fired up and bleating in unison. It's a tidal mass of idiocy, it's not that hard to drive it off a cliff, you've just gotta realize that's what you need to do, here.
    No.

Then who the hell will run? If Trump can defeat anyone by simply bleating some stupid meaningless insult, he can do that for any candidate who runs against him. You think he can't find a catchy insult for Castro or Gillibrand or Gabbard for something stupid they've done in their past?

If something as stupid as "Pocahontas" is enough to bring down Warren, then none of them have a hope of victory.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you have a media system that will fall over those non-issues hurriedly and happily, you're out of luck.

What will sell or generate clicks/comments? A politician talking planned policy or someone that said something remotely stupid or controversial, or both?

If this isn't "just politics", why are you guys even approaching Warren as an option? She's not going to be the nominee and she's just a slightly leftist Hillary Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    How am I a traitor?
    In the post that you responded to, I made two accusations. I called you a liar for equating Warren's and Biden's “crap” with Trump's CRAP. I then took the next step and accused you of being a traitor rather than just being a dishonest harmless punk. You disputed only the traitor charge.

Let's start out with the liar accusation. Then we'll move on to the traitor accusation (or non-US citizen that hates America and is trying to destroy us).

You tried to indirectly equate Warren's “crap”, and Biden's “crap” with all of the stuff that Trump has done and continues to do. If you take all of the dirt that we have on Warren so far, and add it to all of the dirt we have on Biden so far, it is far less bad than what Trump did recently when he was successfully able to rile his supporters into physically attacking a reporter. Trump's CRAP is worse than all of Warren's and Biden's “crap” put together. Orders of magnitude worse.

You know this. Yet you lied anyways. Like you always lie. Forcefully. Repeatedly.

So the final question is: is your forceful repeated lying mostly harmless, making you a dishonest punk, or is it more dangerous to America, making you a traitor?

The answer clearly is that you are dangerous to the US. You and your Trump supporter buddies really are destroying the very fabric of America. The violence against the reporter that Trump incited, and that Trump supporters forcefully defend, is NOT the first time that Trump has incited violence by his supporters against people he clearly views as enemies. This is destroying America.

And since you have declared war on us, we have to respond in kind. For our self respect. For our lives.

You are not just a harmless little punk. You forcefully and repeatedly lie, you destroy America from within.

You are a traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    You tried to indirectly equate Warren's “crap”, and Biden's “crap” with all of the stuff that Trump has done
    I'll stop you right there. I never mentioned Trump, you did. I pointed out problems that these candidates will have within the primary and perhaps the general. This Native American scandal is bad for Warren in the primary. Biden doesn't have a black mark like that but he has a long career of small missteps which can be utilized by political operatives against his campaign.

I'm not even going to touch the rest of the insanity in your post. Seek help.

This thread is a demonstration of why Warren needs to drop out. This also goes for other candidates like Kamala Harris, for similar reasons.

It has nothing to do with their capabilities, their records, their policy viewpoints, their political drive. The things that matter. I like a lot of these candidates, I was pushing for Warren for 2016 way back. I want her to stay in politics, in the position she's in. So don't take this as a condemnation of them as individuals, or their capabilities.

It's entirely because the American electorate is, collectively, dumb as hell. We can't discuss policy, because "POCAHONTAS" being shouted from a million stupid throats drowns it out. It doesn't matter that the accusation is stupid, or irrelevant. What matters is that it's loud, and drowns out everything else. Look at how much coverage of Warren's campaign on the media has been about A> her policy platform and what she'll be pushing for in 2020, or B> the Native American thing. Go check CNN's coverage of her announcement; this isn't even about biased media. It's that the volume of bullshit is so high the media has to cover the bullshit, and that leaves no time left over for actual, worthwhile discussion of policy and credentials.

Same for Harris and the Willie Brown thing. Is it stupid and irrelevant? Sure. Will the million stupid throats bleat about it so loudly it drowns out all intelligent discussion? Also yes.

This is how Trump won in 2016. Not because of policy or platform. Because "BUT HER EMAILS" and "BENGHAZI" and "LOCK HER UP" were easy for morons to chant in packs and drown out all policy discussion.

So don't give the bleating mass of sheep a stupid ready-made attack vector. Find a candidate without any skeletons in their closet, no matter how obviously stupid and irrelevant those skeletons may be.

The only reason Warren and Harris should be running is to get those idiot-sheep bleating, and then cut their legs out from under them by withdrawing. The sheep aren't smart enough to switch gears once they're fired up and bleating in unison. It's a tidal mass of idiocy, it's not that hard to drive it off a cliff, you've just gotta realize that's what you need to do, here.
    I get the theory, and I mean I hate to use him as an example for anything but, well, look at Trump. Consider the things he has not just said, but doubled, then tripled or more down on. He went so far down on some of his worst mistakes they finished in his mouth. All she has to do is own it and keep moving forward. Pocahontas? Come out singing Colors of the Wind. Not... not literally, just saying that she just has to shrug it off every time it comes up. That issue only determines the election if the Democrats let it, in a general it's nearly meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    His speech had the opposite effect, his approval rating went up, nearing 50%. He already bragged on Twitter about that:

It just shows how naive and stupid many people are IMO.
    Not sure if anyone noticed, but that's from April of 2018.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Oh shit, you're right. I wonder how that passed by me. Gonna see if I can find the current tweet and replace it if I can find one, thanks for this.

Edit: gonna replace the image with the new one:

1> Rasmussen, lol.

2> Gallup numbers put him at 44%; https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/...ald-trump.aspx

3> By "highest in years", it's important to remember Trump's Presidency itself is measured in years. Obama left office with higher approval ratings (using the same source, 59% when Obama left office; https://news.gallup.com/poll/116479/...-approval.aspx)

The only low approval ratings he's beating are his own.

I’ve been saying this durring the 2016 election. I can’ tell you how many times this has happened to me:

Conservative: “People generally are socially Liberal, but economically conservative - so that’s why they should vote for Garry Johnson!”
    Me: “What about John Kasick? He’s socialy liberal and economically conservative. Why not vote for him?”
    Conservative: “...who’s John Kasick?”

Seriously, the only reas I knew of John Kasick was when I was on CNN’s website and noticed the Republican debates were going on, and thought to myself, “bah, why not... lets see how stupid they are!” And watched it. By the end, I was like “Why the HELL is nobody talking about John Kasick!? Jesus, he’s the first Republican I’ve seen in decades I’d be opposed to policy-wise but still respect him as a political leader!” >_<

And my theory why was pretty much exactly what you said above - because NOBODY covered him, because he was talking sense. He wasn’t rocking any controversies, he wasn’t saying stupid shit that makes shocker headlines, and he wasn’t insulting any other candidate, and he wasn’t boasting about God or Devils or anything fearful. He was doing what the job required - sound mind and politeness.

...but that doesn’t make good headlines, does it?

So, as you pointed out, Dump got all the attention - and sadly the qualified just get no space deferred to them. >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Elizabeth Warren has gone full Jill Stein level crazy and is now calling for reparations for slavery...

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1107813046695673857

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Elizabeth Warren has gone full Jill Stein level crazy and is now calling for reparations for slavery...

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1107813046695673857
    Shes just talking shit. She knows even if she does become president, Trumps supreme court will slap this retard shit down so fast she wont have time to get her signature on the bill.