Thread: Bartender

Bartender

As title says i need help with bartender and it is about this..
    Can i have the standard actionbars but i am able to get an bar in the middle of my screen next to my unit frames so i can add my cooldowns there so i can see them more clearer so i dont need to look down at my actionbars? Trying to not use weakauras in my ui so

Quote Originally Posted by Aumixx View Post
    Can i have the standard actionbars but i am able to get an bar in the middle of my screen next to my unit frames so i can add my cooldowns there so i can see them more clearer so i dont need to look down at my actionbars? Trying to not use weakauras in my ui so

Just unlock your actions bar and move them where you want, you can then edit how many rows you want/space. Thats what im doing atm, but im in the process of swítching totally to WA. Just need to edit the WA a bit more so they swap to red when out of range, and desaturate whe non cooldown for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have 10 bars, with 12 actions in each..

There should be plenty of bars for you to play with.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

So how do i do it like this that i use blizzard default actionbars but use bartender to make a bar in between my unitframes? so i can add my cds..

Bartender4 replaces Blizzard's actionbars with it's own. It doesn't 'add' to them.

If you want to have icons closer to the middle of the screen, you a) move your bars there which is not really a good option or b) use Weakauras or TellMeWhen to make icons, timers, etc. on your screen wherever you want.

Bartender is super easy to set up. Some bars are automatically hidden so you'll need to enable them. And the settings for the bars let you change the size, space between abilities etc.

just type /bt

that opens the options.

explore from there.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Can i have the standard actionbars but i am able to get an bar in the middle of my screen next to my unit frames so i can add my cooldowns there so i can see them more clearer so i dont need to look down at my actionbars?

Yes you can.
    Although it may clutter your UI in the end. Bartender is very flexible and you can alter position (unlock function), size or even layout - default is 12 slots in a row. I'm using Logitech G13 gamepad so I mimicked it's key layout on my ui. My main spell "bar" is a 3x4 grid (think of it like a regular keyboard numpad), surrounded by 4 side 3x and 2x4 grids. This way I don't look at what number I have given ability, I just see I can use middle, left or right from given row.

So you can arrange your action bar to your actual liking.

But I would suggest something different I'm using for years and can't play properly without it - TellMeWhen. May be bit intimidating with config options at first glance but it's quite simple to set up and works like a charm for what you require.

Essentially it's a notification "pop up" (when configured for that) for CDs, buffs/debuffs and tracking various states. I use it for mostly dots and CDs tracking. It works like this:
    - you create new blank icon
    - decide what kind of icon it should be - CD, ability, or whatever
    - you decide whether it's a buff or debuff (if applicable)
    - next you set what spell it should monitor
    - now conditions: monitor me, my target, my focus - you choose
    - visibility (hidden when inactive or just faded out, visible while in combat only or permanently?)
    - apply and enjoy.

I'll give you few examples.

Warlock, Corruption/Agony
    Set as reactive ability, debuff, track on target, cast by me (so it won't trigger on other Warlock cast), visible when present, timer.

What it does - pops a Corruption/Agony icon below target frame (I manually moved it there) when I cast it on the target, shows timer left.

Warrior, Charge
    Set as reactive ability, track on target - distance check, fully visible when ready and in range, faded out while out of range and/or not ready (on CD).

What it does - whenever I target a target I have a Charge icon below target frame. If fully visible it means I can charge no problem, if dimmed it means out of range/on CD.

With TMW you can set your own "cast bar" - I think it has click to activate option as well, haven't used - of CDs to keep eye on. For CD tracking I recently rely on MSBT but TMW can be used for that as well. Plus any other tracking.